Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

An Australian World

Why don't you guys consider creating an Autralian World? We have very different conditions plants and animals than rest of the world. There are a LOT of Australians who play this game and we are often overlooked when it comes to themes, holidays etc. How abut a boomarang toy or sport equipment or maybe a digeridoo to play as an instrument? And although they dont really hop the streets here some kangaroos and koalas.

Just an idea but maybe worth consdiering.

Comments

• VihzelVihzel Posts: 734 New Member
    edited December 2012
    The thing that's iconic with Australia is Sydney. Other than that, it would just be like a "deserty" kind of world, which they already have with Lucky Palms.

(before you reply to this... read further down the page)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited December 2012
    Yeah Sydney, with the Opera house!
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,919 Member
    edited December 2012
    An Australian world could be many things. Sunlit Tides would be a good representation of the landscape of the tropical north coast. Australia is a large island in the South Pacific. There are many farming areas that grow everything from sugar cane, bananas and tropical fruits in the north. Citrus and stone fruits further south. The Australian wine industry is world class and wineries are found in many parts of the country. The people come from all parts of the world and Australian cuisine reflects that diversity. We have cities such as Sydney with its famous harbour bridge and opera house. Then there are the other state capitals. Most of Australia is desert or semi arid and where farming is possible it is spar sly populated inland with huge cattle or sheep raising properties. Many of these properties cover more land than some Small European countries. I recently flew in a 737-800 airplane from Darwin to Sydney - the flight took 4 and a half hours. There is a mining industry in Australia too. One place that I think would make a fascinating world is a mining town where individuals dig for opal. About half of the population choose to live underground in old opal mines. This is to avoid the heat. The homes are beautifully furnished. There are churches underground there too. In the far north coast I once walked out of a supermarket to see dozens of wallabies grazing on a vacant block across the street from the supermarket. Wallabies are like small kangaroos. Australia is also home to two large flightless birds. The emu and the cassowary. It is hot in the tropics and deserts. In the south the winters bring snow. I think it would be possible to make a very interesting world of Australia. There are so many people from so many different parts of the rest of the world that there should be interest in it from most places. Not just from Australia.
  • DreamangelDreamangel Posts: 57 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Vihzel wrote:
    The thing that's iconic with Australia is Sydney. Other than that, it would just be like a "deserty" kind of world, which they already have with Lucky Palms.

Have you ever been to Australia? The Kimberlies are not desert they have waterfalls and forest. there is a vertical waterfall and heaps of crocodiles.

Not to mention Ayres Rock and Karrajini with its ravines and cool waterholes. Australia is NOT all desert.

Australia is a vast beautiful place.
  • MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited December 2012
    I would like this. Only if it included new fauna and a new death by fauna.

We have an awful lot of deadly creatures here. :lol:

Even our birds like to attack ;)
  • MistermoomanMistermooman Posts: 265 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I love this idea, I don't know much about Australia except for what I vaguely remember from a geography book I read in 5th (6th?) grade and I also had a project on it last year, and I would love to pretend to explore it in the Sims.
  • LittleVLittleV Posts: 8,565 Member
    edited December 2012
    Vihzel wrote:
    "Deserty"? I guess you've never seen Queensland or Cape York.

RainforestSection.jpg
    Whitehaven-Beach-Queensland-Australia.jpg
  • gramanda126010gramanda126010 Posts: 288 Member
    edited December 2012
    Dreamangel wrote:
    Why don't you guys consider creating an Autralian World? We have very different conditions plants and animals than rest of the world. There are a LOT of Australians who play this game and we are often overlooked when it comes to themes, holidays etc. How abut a boomarang toy or sport equipment or maybe a digeridoo to play as an instrument? And although they dont really hop the streets here some kangaroos and koalas.

I totally agree I am from Perth and would love to see what the Sims 3 team would make of our land. Austraila is full of history that should be shown like having australia day as a holiday. And maybe even do the whole aboriginal culture from back in the day.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited December 2012
    If you are after death by fauna then Australia can provide the worlds deadliest snakes and box jellyfish and blue ringed octopus. My personal favourite though would be the largest crocodile in the world which is known here as a salty. It is found in the ocean as well as creeks rivers and other waterways throughout northern Australia. It kills people who swim or walk near places where it lives. Most people have enough sense to stay out of the water if they might be around. The other smaller crocodile we have is a fresh water crocodile that has more delicate jaws and eats fish and smaller animals. When on land it runs like a dog. As it enters the water it's gait changes as its tail starts moving from side to side. They are not considered dangerous to people and don't live with salties.
  • Jacob112233Jacob112233 Posts: 259 Member
    edited December 2012
    Dreamangel wrote:

I LOVE AUSTRALIA!!!!
    I think the Movie Theater Venue would Definatley be the Opera House
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa_zps89d0df1a.png
  • Jacob112233Jacob112233 Posts: 259 Member
    edited December 2012
    Vihzel wrote:

Australia is NOTHING like Lucky Palms
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa_zps89d0df1a.png
    edited December 2012
    I should have been clearer on what I was trying to say. I typed that out really quickly because I was about to head out to dinner.

If EA were to do a world based on Australia, they would have to do it on the most well-known parts of Australia, which would include everything Sydney, the great barrier reef (which would be really beautiful in the game), kangaroos, koalas, and the expansive deserts of Australia. The things that immediately come to mind when talking about Australia doesn't really include the many other areas and cities. The world needs to be distinctly Australia and not so similar to other parts of the world if they were to call it an Australian world.

It would be like if they were to do a world based on New York, United States and not have New York City.

I personally would really love a Sydney-based world.
    edited December 2012
    Vihzel wrote:

Australia is NOTHING like Lucky Palms

I know it looks nothing like Lucky Palms. I was just referring to a desert world.
  • The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Being from Australia I would love seeing an Aussie like world, though one thing would be deciding what type of world it would be because we have farm land, cities, small towns, desert land, tropical rainforests, sandy beaches, country towns, mining towns, towns with only a couple of houses(I've stayed in a caravan park in a town that only had a pub and three or four houses) Victoria and South Australia have some great country winery areas, fishermans towns and more. So deciding on the type of town would be tricky. Maybe they could combine a few of the main parts of Australia into one world?
    edited December 2012
    The first thing I would want to see is a large beach, one with a lifeguards tower/building and the red and yellow flags if possible.
    edited December 2012
    Mission Beach comes to mind. It is wide enough to land light aeroplanes on it. People skydive into it. It has some firm of life guards and flags on the beach near a large stinger net to protect swimmers. The best protection from marine stingers is full body covering swim suits. Years ago life savers all wore panty hose. They used two pairs. One worn to cover their legs and the other to cover their arms. A box jelly sting is usually fatal within 2 or 3 minutes of being stung. Generally if a victim is dragged from the water and is still alive when first aid is being applied, then the sting they have received is probably not going to be
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    edited December 2012
    I agree, I'm from Sydney, Australia and LOVE it here. (Except for the prices.) They should definitely create an Aussie themed world.
  • DreamangelDreamangel Posts: 57 New Member
    edited December 2012

I'm in Perth too!! :mrgreen:
  • CatherynBlueCatherynBlue Posts: 1,550 New Member
    edited December 2012
    omg as an Aussie, I would totally loooove an Aussie world :D:D:D

As far as beaches go, Bondi Beach comes to mind, since it's Australia's most famous beach. I agree with whoever said it first, the Opera House should be the theater. There should be a town area, a city area with a beach based off Bondi, and then the GBR off the beach as decoration, and a desert area with Uluru.

This must happen! :lol:
  • CatLandCatLand Posts: 760 New Member
    edited December 2012
    The first thing I would want to see is a large beach, one with a lifeguards tower/building and the red and yellow flags if possible.

It could be like Bondi! Only Simdi Beach or something like that because they change the names...

I would love this, I am from Australia so that would be great :D

And if they did it I hope they would add things from Aboriginal culture, their culture is fascinating and should definitely be part of an Australia themed world!
    edited December 2012
    CatLand wrote:

It could be like Bondi! Only Simdi Beach or something like that because they change the names...

I would love this, I am from Australia so that would be great :D

And if they did it I hope they would add things from Aboriginal culture, their culture is fascinating and should definitely be part of an Australia themed world!

Yes, Bondi beach would be great. Too bad sims can't surf though.
  • tl8autl8au Posts: 168 New Member
    edited December 2012
    An Australian world would be excellent..

We have the Sydney Harbour Bridge, Sydney Opera House, Circular Quay ( ferries ) Manly Beach, and Taronga Zoo.
    We also have a Military Base ( Holsworthy ) and Police Academy …

We also have lovely coastal areas up the coast of Sydney were I live .. in a little Country town..

We also have a farming areas inland .

We also have snow down south in the winter, The Blue Mountains, Perisha Valley, Threadbo .

Yes when you think about it, we do have a beautiful country .. and I love living here..
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited December 2012
    I'd love to see an Australian world from the store team too - and all your ideas for terrain types sound cool to me. With what items do you think it would come?

If you're not opposed to user-created worlds, I think this world might be sort of based on Australia. Apologies if I'm wrong. Anyway, it plays very nicely.

And here's one based on New Zealand. I don't have it installed since it requires Pets, but it looks stunning.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Kedg24Kedg24 Posts: 1,743 New Member
    edited December 2012
    if they made an Australia world i'd be all over that hell make it a gold or platnum world i'd pay 50 american $ for it just because i'd love to live there someday. vast in it's lovely oceans, hike through it's forests, visit people i know there (i miss my friends so much) run around the opra house. take all kinds of pictures. this world would have so much to offere i think so i agree with this world please give this a thought make the opra house the theater OMG the world would be awsome!
  • nightvyxennightvyxen Posts: 53 Member
    edited December 2012
    As a New Zealander myself who does live in Middle Earth I mean New Zealand and who has been to Australia.. I have to agree I LOVE Australia when I been there its Beautiful!!! I'd be in that world 99% of my game time over all others! And No Its not just a Desert.. in all honesty.. If Yu in to world travel and have no idea.. it should be a MUST.Visit. They have some of the most beautiful sights Even seen.