Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Married people on online dating?

I don't know if somebody has already posted this but I just started using the online dating and a bunch of married people were on there! :P Is that a glitch??

Comments

• SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    edited December 2012
    I don't think it's a glitch lol it's like in real life sometimes people who are married, but unhappy with their spouse are probably looking for someone else :lol:
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • RBenthienRBenthien Posts: 516 New Member
    edited December 2012
    nekobear wrote:
    I don't think it's a glitch lol

No, IT IS a glitch, clearly.
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited December 2012
    It is not a glitch.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • PhotogSimPhotogSim Posts: 1,729 Member
    edited December 2012
    Not a glitch, it simulates real life.

• FormelxFormelx Posts: 578 New Member
    edited December 2012
    That would be funny if my single sim, bulid a romatic relationship with that sim :twisted:.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited December 2012
    Some of them are just on their to make friends and tell you lets be friends if they like your profile. Some of them however are looking for more. Morganda Wolffe seem to think her and my simself would make a great pair.

If you play long enough npc sims start showing up on there. All of them are single. If your married cas sims have a pc they will enter a profile even if you don't if you change households.

If you don't won't your cas sim having a profile when you change households don't give them a pc.
  • hippiechick7897hippiechick7897 Posts: 302 Member
    edited December 2012
    My married couple are constantly getting phone calls asking them out on dates. It is so annoying. I tried removing their online profiles, which I never set up anyway, but they just go right back as if I did not remove it.
    Tomorrow has been cancelled due to a lack of interest.

giphy.gif
    edited December 2012
    My married couple are constantly getting phone calls asking them out on dates. It is so annoying. I tried removing their online profiles, which I never set up anyway, but they just go right back as if I did not remove it.

The online dating feature resets because of a bug. That's why it's going back up. It's in Crin's thread so hopefully it will be fixed.

On a side note if my simself wasn't already married I would have him accept Morganda's requests and have him ask her to break up with Thornton when they become romantic. Thornton is attracted to Jamie anyway and Morganda is attracted to Sim Me because their both family oriented. I've always thought Morganda was a beautiful sim even when she's an elder she's still nice looking.

Oh even unfirty Erin Kennedy is on there.

Note
    I was just testing so he entered a profile. In my actual save game Him and his Wife don't have a pc because I don't want them having a profile for other sims to see.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited December 2012
    Good thing I don't switch households -- my Sims usually have at least one PC because I tend to have a writer Sim who doesn't want to have to go to the library to work.

Haven't really done much with online dating -- I tried it in one game but deleted that save because most of the women ended up hating my Sim for some reason (he didn't even lie on his profile except he said he was "athletic" instead of slim because he did work out). :roll: But what gets me are all the Sims who find my Sims "hot" or want to get to know them better, and they're a couple (I made them boyfriend/girlfriend because I wanted them to get married in game to make sure they had an anniversary; they got married the first day of winter). There should be something that will reduce the number of calls after you turn down X number of invitations for dates. Nick Alto has been bugging my poor female Sim like crazy, and Ileana Langerak has been after my male Sim and he and Dustin are best friends from work! (Okay, I had one of my husband's work colleagues tell me once that he wished I wasn't married, so maybe the game's just hitting a little close to home... :shock: )
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    edited December 2012
    Good thing I don't switch households -- my Sims usually have at least one PC because I tend to have a writer Sim who doesn't want to have to go to the library to work.

Haven't really done much with online dating -- I tried it in one game but deleted that save because most of the women ended up hating my Sim for some reason (he didn't even lie on his profile except he said he was "athletic" instead of slim because he did work out). :roll: But what gets me are all the Sims who find my Sims "hot" or want to get to know them better, and they're a couple (I made them boyfriend/girlfriend because I wanted them to get married in game to make sure they had an anniversary; they got married the first day of winter). There should be something that will reduce the number of calls after you turn down X number of invitations for dates. Nick Alto has been bugging my poor female Sim like crazy, and Ileana Langerak has been after my male Sim and he and Dustin are best friends from work! (Okay, I had one of my husband's work colleagues tell me once that he wished I wasn't married, so maybe the game's just hitting a little close to home... :shock: )

Well when you think about it it's not far from real life. I find this girl hot now that has a boyfriend and hope one day The Lord will bring her and me together.
  • KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited December 2012
    My Sim is in a relationship, and just now Robert Newbie came up to her house and told her she was 'hot'. Now she's engaged, and he is married, and she doesn't have a computer, so she has no profile on the dating site.
    As a matter of fact, none of the Sims I played recently are on the dating site or even visited it, but they get invited on dates all the time, by neighbours and co-workers and such...
    There's something wrong with the attraction system, if you ask me.
  • goddessrugoddessru Posts: 16 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Just yesterday my sim received an online message from her sister's boyfriend asking her out on a date because he thought she was hot... oh boy.
    edited December 2012
    Well today when I was playing guess what I found out? My sim didn't have a pc but when I was playing another household I saw his online profile so it would seem I was wrong but I also found out that my sims had npc clones so this is possibly why. They had different traits but the same name.
  • ebomb23ebomb23 Posts: 242 Member
    edited December 2012
    My sim made a profile, and had no other sims that were interested until after she got married. There was this other npc(the repairman in Moonlight Falls actually, think his name is Earl or something close) that wouldn't leave her alone, so I had her remove her profile. That didn't even help, because she kept getting the grilled cheese painting in the mail from him. Like EVERY day. I had about ten of those paintings in the family inventory. Dude is obsessed!
    UhDsviD.png