Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Compendium of Information (Read First Page for Answers) Last 2 or 3 pages are broken, go backwards.

Comments

• Options
    SnoninjaSnoninja Posts: 377 New Member
    edited August 2009
    aarin wrote:
    Snoninja wrote:
    I know I should just post this in the bugs forum, but my little sister has been having a few tiny issues on her game. For one, the paper boy always puts the newpaper in the bushes for some reason. She has a front deck and I would assume he would put it there. The door is set as the front door, but I really don't know why he does that. The house is in Riverview address 27 Lost Willow Road.

Also, when she was having her baby, the husband started to be scared at first because he didn't know what to do, then he took a shower, watched t.v, and jumped in his carpool to go to work. Shouldn't he do something? She wanted to have the baby at home, but the soon-to-be-father should stay the whole time no matter what. Is this just a programing error?

Thanks alot :D

I had made a house where I did not properly enclose the living room so the newspaper girl would keep delivering the paper to the middle of my living room. Depending on how much space is around the front door, the newspaper will go elsewhere. Tell your sister to expand the front deck outward a bit. So if it is two tiles in depth (from the staircase to the front door) pull it out to three or four tiles and see if that makes a difference.

Dads-to-be always freak out, but then normally take their preggo lady to the hospital. If you are choosing to have the baby at home, there is really nothing for the father to do at home besides what you described. My sim's water broke just a few minutes before her husband's carpool showed up. I had forced him to bring her to the hospital, and force-canceled the carpool. If you leave sims to their own devices, they aren't going to make smart decisions. It's unfortunate but true.

Ok, thanks Aarin! I did have one more thing to ask though, if you don't mind. I was wondering where I could get a list of all jobs in the game, branches included. Their pay would be helpful too, but not necessary. Thanks again!
  • Options
    aarinaarin Posts: 7,260 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Snoninja wrote:
    I was wondering where I could get a list of all jobs in the game, branches included. Their pay would be helpful too, but not necessary. Thanks again!

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Career_Tracks#The_Sims_3

Click on the appropriate career track to go to its page. Most include level listings, hours and days of the week worked and base pay per hour or day.
  • Options
    MarioSim05MarioSim05 Posts: 1,567 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I heard you can throw a funeral for a Sim shortly after their death. Is this possible?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    MarioSim05 wrote:
    I heard you can throw a funeral for a Sim shortly after their death. Is this possible?

Yes, simply plan a party as you normally would. "Funeral" will show up under party type. If you have waited too long after the death of the sim, or your household was not on good terms with the deceased, the option may not be available, however I am basing this on other peoples' issues I have heard about throwing funerals.
  • Options
    MarioSim05MarioSim05 Posts: 1,567 New Member
    edited August 2009
    aarin wrote:
    Yes, simply plan a party as you normally would. "Funeral" will show up under party type. If you have waited too long after the death of the sim, or your household was not on good terms with the deceased, the option may not be available, however I am basing this on other peoples' issues I have heard about throwing funerals.

Gracias. :thumbup:
  • Options
    KristinaCobbKristinaCobb Posts: 79 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Hey Aarin! I posted this in another topic but no one seems to know anything about it so I thought I'd ask you.

I made a family of two adults sims and 5 toddler sims.

Well, a funny thing has happened. Each time the kids grow up into the next stage, they automatically get the same hairstyle as either their mother or their father.

So all 3 of the girls get their mothers hair, one boy gets his father's hair, and what's really strange is that the other boy gets his mother's hair.

I don't understand how or why this happens, but it happens every time they age. I change their hair back to what I want it to be, but then when they move on to the next stage of like it just reverts back to what it was before.

It's really annoying, especially the girl's hair on the guy sim.
    It's the hair in the ponytail with the long bangs hanging down on either side, and when I change his appearance it shows up as "custom."

I know I can just change it every time they age, but it's such a hassle. Have you heard anything about this?

Also, every time any sim ages in my game their hair changes. Even when they just age from young adult to adult. Is this normal? This feature kind of bugs me...
  • Options
    ilovesims56ilovesims56 Posts: 6,331 Member
    edited August 2009
    Hi Aarin plz help me!!! im very sad because i dont know why my game is SO slow..i see videos on youtube and the movements of the sims and the camera are very fluid and all is very fast but mine not!!!! i think the problem its the RAM ( i have 1536 MB) or the problem its the cc?? ( i have 65 "approximate" ).. or the new patch maybe???

Plz Help Me!!!

PLZ PLZ PZL I REALLY NEED HELP! im desperate! :cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    jonny24900jonny24900 Posts: 132 Member
    edited August 2009
    Hey Aarin!
    Where did you get your new hair from and what good free sites are there to download from besides,
    The Sims Resource,
    Mod The Sims 2,
    Peggyzone,
    & The Exchange.
  • Options
    SnoninjaSnoninja Posts: 377 New Member
    edited August 2009
    aarin wrote:
    Snoninja wrote:
    I was wondering where I could get a list of all jobs in the game, branches included. Their pay would be helpful too, but not necessary. Thanks again!

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Career_Tracks#The_Sims_3

Click on the appropriate career track to go to its page. Most include level listings, hours and days of the week worked and base pay per hour or day.

Thanks! You've been really helpful!! You deserve a cookie!
  • Options
    Sims2Freak2797Sims2Freak2797 Posts: 24 New Member
    edited August 2009
    heyy aarin um i was wondering if you knew where to get this cc hair
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=810406
    I have two others from peggyzone and mod the sims but i cant seem to find this one
  • Options
    Rad6380Rad6380 Posts: 251 Member
    edited August 2009
    Sorry if this is a duplicate, but...

My second level exterior walls are weird. When you zoom out they look darker than the ground level or the third level. When you zoom in, it looks like the walls are 'missing' (as in the other levels' walls appear from the outside, but the middle ones don't). I can't find any gaps in the building work so am a bit confused...
  • Options
    ilovesims56ilovesims56 Posts: 6,331 Member
    edited August 2009
    heyy aarin um i was wondering if you knew where to get this cc hair
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=810406
    I have two others from peggyzone and mod the sims but i cant seem to find this one

Here are the link for the complete list of all the Costum Hairs----> http://ybboccobby04.bravehost.com/index.html
  • Options
    thighfatthighfat Posts: 73 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Hey aarin, quick question - have you experimented with the ages that elders pass from old age? I have my game set on average lifespan with a sim that's 91 days old, and I'm wondering how much longer I have with her.

I remember reading a long time ago on some thread here that a sim on average lifespan died at 120 days old. Is this accurate?
  • Options
    isabellawhatevaisabellawhateva Posts: 63 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Hi Aarin plz help me!!! im very sad because i dont know why my game is SO slow..i see videos on youtube and the movements of the sims and the camera are very fluid and all is very fast but mine not!!!! i think the problem its the RAM ( i have 1536 MB) or the problem its the cc?? ( i have 65 "approximate" ).. or the new patch maybe???

Plz Help Me!!!

I know I'm not Aarin, but your problem is probably a combination of both things you mentioned. Your memory is on the medium/lower scale of the spectrum. The people who post those videos on youtube probably have extremely high-end gaming computers which is why you notice a difference. If it bothers you so much, you may consider upgrading your memory, if it's available. Try removing all of your custom content temporarily (move it to a flash drive or something) and see if that speeds up the game any.

This website works great:
    http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest
    It will tell you exactly which parts of your computer meet the requirements and how far they exceed the minimums.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    jonny24900 wrote:
    Hey Aarin!
    Where did you get your new hair from

rosesims2
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    thighfat wrote:
    Hey aarin, quick question - have you experimented with the ages that elders pass from old age? I have my game set on average lifespan with a sim that's 91 days old, and I'm wondering how much longer I have with her.

I remember reading a long time ago on some thread here that a sim on average lifespan died at 120 days old. Is this accurate?

The age meter is merely a suggestion, not a rule of thumb. Sims may live on to be much older. Things like marathon runner (athletic challenge) and vegetarianism may cause some sims to live even longer, though it is really up to the RNG gods to decide when your elder sim it taken from you.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Also, every time any sim ages in my game their hair changes. Even when they just age from young adult to adult. Is this normal? This feature kind of bugs me...

Luck (or unluck) of the draw. The chances of sims carrying over the same hair style over to the next age span is usually reliant on them having a hairstyle that goes across all age spans. This is not a rule either, as the hair may change to something completely different anyway.

I gave up on manicuring my sims' childrens' outfits/hair. It became too impossible. I only ever bothered once they hit young adulthood.
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Plz Help Me!!!

I know I'm not Aarin, but your problem is probably a combination of both things you mentioned. Your memory is on the medium/lower scale of the spectrum. The people who post those videos on youtube probably have extremely high-end gaming computers which is why you notice a difference. If it bothers you so much, you may consider upgrading your memory, if it's available. Try removing all of your custom content temporarily (move it to a flash drive or something) and see if that speeds up the game any.

This website works great:
    http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest
    It will tell you exactly which parts of your computer meet the requirements and how far they exceed the minimums.

As a supplement to this, CC may or may not impact your game. I am currently running TS3 with over 350 files (700+MBs) and see no slow down in my game's performance. Most things like hair and patterns are cached in game to quicken loading times when mucking with the camera. You may be concerned about any mods you use, as poor coding may impede the smooth running of your game.

Otherwise, yes, please upgrade your computer. Not only does your RAM effect performance but also your video card.
  • Options
    ilovebabymonkeys7ilovebabymonkeys7 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited August 2009
    hey how do i get all those new hair styles everyone has them and i like quite a few of them
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    hey how do i get all those new hair styles everyone has them and i like quite a few of them

http://ybboccobby04.bravehost.com/index.html
  • Options
    Nicci86Nicci86 Posts: 436 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I've noticed that some of the custom content people upload has different patterns on it. Is it possible to save an image of a pattern from the internet and use it for something like wallpaper? If so, how? I have googled it but I still don't see how you can get your own patterns without photoshop. :?:
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Nicci86 wrote:
    I've noticed that some of the custom content people upload has different patterns on it. Is it possible to save an image of a pattern from the internet and use it for something like wallpaper? If so, how? I have googled it but I still don't see how you can get your own patterns without photoshop. :?:

There is a multitude of tutorials and utilities available for you to create custom patterns for use in-game (clothing, wallpaper, etc) over at modthesims, you will have to google it as I cannot link to there.
  • Options
    RubytheFuzzledRubytheFuzzled Posts: 3,315 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I know it's stupid to post this, since no one can see it, but WHY ISN'T THIS FIXED YET???

Or, is it just me, and everyone can see what I'm saying? In that case, hi!

OMG I LOVE THIS SONG! Yes that was random, but Viva La Vida just came on to the radio!
  • Options
    SarahPumkinSarahPumkin Posts: 304 Member
    edited August 2009
    Hey aarin,
    Do you know how to get 'maximum strength'? I have an opportunity to complete and I am to get maximum strength then go see the coach at the stadium, I have been using the weightlifting machine and doing strength workouts to my stereo but I am not sure how to get maximum strength exactly?....
  • Options
    JUSTIN007JUSTIN007 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I thought you were taken off :?:
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top