Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Compendium of Information (Read First Page for Answers) Last 2 or 3 pages are broken, go backwards.

Comments

• Options
    aarinaarin Posts: 7,260 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Hi Aarin I have a quick question :) Will future Sims3 expansion packs be available to Windows Xp or will they change it to Windows Vista only?

Please read the first page.

Mandatory disclaimer: I am not affiliated with EA in any way, shape, or form. I am not a SimGuru. Because of this, I cannot answer questions pertaining to expansion packs, why you cannot recolour staircases and fences, or anything else only EA and the Sims team would know.
  • Options
    45rpm45rpm Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited August 2009
    Aarin I asked this in a abstract way earlier on and made it sound like Ididnt
    really want a answer but have you heard this one as it really bugged due
    to the story line I have.

made another cemetary awhile back for my legacy family
    All was working well. I have even added plants a few more times

Today I went in to add some more items. I saved game b4 going in
    I went in and all was fine. I added some lights and plants away from
    the graves. Saved Returned to game.

When I zoomed in my large tombstones all 3 of them for the founders of
    my Legacy family had all disappeared. I checked everybodies backpacks and the
    2 mausoleums and nope.

So I guess they are gone for good?

It seems to me the problem maynot be whats in the graveyard but when you add to it.
    It somehow effects whats already there.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Mmkay, I've got another question...Every now and then, very rarely, there's this odd music bit playing. It's brief and overlaps all other noise, like the music bit that happens when your sim is pregnant or the Grim Reaper comes...but when it happens, there's nothing happening that would require something like that. It's about ten seconds long and it's the most depressing thing I've ever heard, it crushes my soul a bit...it sounds like the music would play when someone dies or something like that, but any time it happens, my family's just doing mundane things...any clue as to what's triggering that music? Thanks ^^;

Nobody knows what it is. If it isn't the "stuff got broken", "person just died", or "something bad just happened" sound, then yeah, we're talking about the same sound. I have never personally heard it, but others have. They've reported hearing it with single person households, while the sim was at work, or not doing anything, while they were asleep with no ghosts on the lot, etc, etc. Nobody knoooows.
  • Options
    Vietgirl_xoxoVietgirl_xoxo Posts: 7,142 Member
    edited August 2009
    Hey Aarin, welcome back! :D
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Snoninja wrote:
    I know I should just post this in the bugs forum, but my little sister has been having a few tiny issues on her game. For one, the paper boy always puts the newpaper in the bushes for some reason. She has a front deck and I would assume he would put it there. The door is set as the front door, but I really don't know why he does that. The house is in Riverview address 27 Lost Willow Road.

Also, when she was having her baby, the husband started to be scared at first because he didn't know what to do, then he took a shower, watched t.v, and jumped in his carpool to go to work. Shouldn't he do something? She wanted to have the baby at home, but the soon-to-be-father should stay the whole time no matter what. Is this just a programing error?

Thanks alot :D

I had made a house where I did not properly enclose the living room so the newspaper girl would keep delivering the paper to the middle of my living room. Depending on how much space is around the front door, the newspaper will go elsewhere. Tell your sister to expand the front deck outward a bit. So if it is two tiles in depth (from the staircase to the front door) pull it out to three or four tiles and see if that makes a difference.

Dads-to-be always freak out, but then normally take their preggo lady to the hospital. If you are choosing to have the baby at home, there is really nothing for the father to do at home besides what you described. My sim's water broke just a few minutes before her husband's carpool showed up. I had forced him to bring her to the hospital, and force-canceled the carpool. If you leave sims to their own devices, they aren't going to make smart decisions. It's unfortunate but true.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    2 things:

I was curious to find out how many days were in each age group for each lifespan. When I couldn't get a 100% answer, I did it myself. Here's a thread with that information in case you had any interest in adding it to the oodles of info. (If not, I will not be offended, just offering since it's there)

The other thing- With the gender influence notes for pregnancy, they don't reflect the changes from the patch. I didn't know if you wanted to change them yet, but in case you did... I just happened to notice... :oops:

Nobody reads the first page anyway, but I will tattoo this post on my forehead to add later. I'm sort of disgruntled since my ban so I'm not in a huge hurry to improve upon the front page quality, tbh.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    45rpm wrote:
    made another cemetary awhile back for my legacy family
    All was working well. I have even added plants a few more times

Today I went in to add some more items. I saved game b4 going in
    I went in and all was fine. I added some lights and plants away from
    the graves. Saved Returned to game.

When I zoomed in my large tombstones all 3 of them for the founders of
    my Legacy family had all disappeared. I checked everybodies backpacks and the
    2 mausoleums and nope.

So I guess they are gone for good?

It seems to me the problem maynot be whats in the graveyard but when you add to it.
    It somehow effects whats already there.

Was the lot residential or community at that point? Many have reported similar issues making their own private graveyard on a separate lot. Roll back to your second save file (the one where you placed the plants) and see if that works. Most people keep their sim tombstones in their sim's personal inventory until they've finished the graveyard, decorating it as a residential lot, then switching at the last moment to community to place the mausoleum. Then they place the stones in the mausoleum, save, go back and take them out and place them that way.

Tombstones in general are glitchy. I don't know why.
  • Options
    unsecretcrushunsecretcrush Posts: 1,029 New Member
    edited August 2009
    aarin wrote:
    Mmkay, I've got another question...Every now and then, very rarely, there's this odd music bit playing. It's brief and overlaps all other noise, like the music bit that happens when your sim is pregnant or the Grim Reaper comes...but when it happens, there's nothing happening that would require something like that. It's about ten seconds long and it's the most depressing thing I've ever heard, it crushes my soul a bit...it sounds like the music would play when someone dies or something like that, but any time it happens, my family's just doing mundane things...any clue as to what's triggering that music? Thanks ^^;

Nobody knows what it is. If it isn't the "stuff got broken", "person just died", or "something bad just happened" sound, then yeah, we're talking about the same sound. I have never personally heard it, but others have. They've reported hearing it with single person households, while the sim was at work, or not doing anything, while they were asleep with no ghosts on the lot, etc, etc. Nobody knoooows.

There was a thread awhile back about that which I sadly failed to bookmark. Someone was finally able to capture a clip of the music, and someone else identified it as the "break-up music." Since no one in the active household was breaking up with anyone the conclusion was that anytime townies in a relationship break up with each other, that music will play even if you're not focused on those townies.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    That is redonkulous unsecret, but thanks for the heads up! Now we know, not that it changes anything. :(
  • Options
    lil_vicky61lil_vicky61 Posts: 488 New Member
    edited August 2009
    aarin wrote:
    Hi Aarin I have a quick question :) Will future Sims3 expansion packs be available to Windows Xp or will they change it to Windows Vista only?

Please read the first page.

Mandatory disclaimer: I am not affiliated with EA in any way, shape, or form. I am not a SimGuru. Because of this, I cannot answer questions pertaining to expansion packs, why you cannot recolour staircases and fences, or anything else only EA and the Sims team would know.

Opps :oops: Sorry about that Aarin :(

Here ill give you a cookie for your trobule :D

*gives cookie to Aarin*

Thanks anyways!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Yay, cookie! :9
  • Options
    lil_vicky61lil_vicky61 Posts: 488 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm glad you like it :D

Hope it gives you energy to answer more questions! :P
  • Options
    YouarewonderfulYouarewonderful Posts: 108 New Member
    edited August 2009
    ...Break-up music? o.o

But now I know! :D *pumps fist into air*
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Knowing is half the battle, iirc. 8)
  • Options
    SpellingBSpellingB Posts: 19 Member
    edited August 2009
    Where can I find Piranha? Is there a certain pond or location where they are available? I have been looking in every body of water and I can't find them anywhere!!!!!

Thanks
  • Options
    miffymoonmiffymoon Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    My sims never have the option to get engaged... They've just moved in together, and since then whenever they interact it says "... thinks ... is okay" and nothing more :? Thanks :-)
  • Options
    Simmer500PSimmer500P Posts: 15 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Try doing alot of Romantic Actions until it says somthing like "Irresistable" And you'll be fine.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    SpellingB wrote:
    Where can I find Piranha? Is there a certain pond or location where they are available? I have been looking in every body of water and I can't find them anywhere!!!!!

Thanks

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Fishing_spots
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    SpellingB wrote:

Thanks

I just answered my own question: Only at Crystal Springs, and only in one particular spot in the water at Crystal Springs.

Whew! I can final check Piranha off my list!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    aarin wrote:
    SpellingB wrote:

Thanks

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Fishing_spots

Thanks Aarin! This is a really useful reference. I've got it bookmarked now. :D
  • Options
    lilzombiegiraffelilzombiegiraffe Posts: 239 New Member
    edited August 2009
    How do you remove simpacks from your game. I deleted them from my launcher, but they still show up in game. I don't want them. :(
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    How do you remove simpacks from your game. I deleted them from my launcher, but they still show up in game. I don't want them. :(

Go to "Installed Content" in your launcher and uninstall. The only thing that delete does from the downloads tab is delete the raw file you used to install from.

The installed content portion of the launcher is basically a mess, so good luck finding what you want to delete from there.
  • Options
    lilzombiegiraffelilzombiegiraffe Posts: 239 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Thanks. ^^
  • Options
    SabsyRinaJackGurlSabsyRinaJackGurl Posts: 4,226 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Do you happen to know the skills needed in the Criminal career track, and then out to the thief branch? My Sim is preggers, and I want her to catch up on skilling while she's off.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Do you happen to know the skills needed in the Criminal career track, and then out to the thief branch? My Sim is preggers, and I want her to catch up on skilling while she's off.

Logic (keeps you from getting caught) and athleticism, iirc.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top