Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New distant terrain for your world made by me!

I have created a new distant terrain available to download here
http://www.mediafire.com/?904s62y82qxrxu6

It was originally intended for my world Costa Verde but I don't plan on finishing it any time soon :lol:

Here are some pics

dt2.png

dt1.png

dt3.png

Comments

• MrCrumplebottom1MrCrumplebottom1 Posts: 1,843 Member
    edited November 2012
    Could you please create a tutorial on creating a DT?
  • StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    edited November 2012
    Hi aaronrogers8i3
    Nice DT :D
    I have a couple of questions.
    1. What size world was it made to work with?
    2. How many sides 2,3,4 ?
    Thanks for sharing :D
    stellatorontosims.tumblr.com
  • aaronrogers8i3aaronrogers8i3 Posts: 555 Member
    edited November 2012
    @MrCrumplebottom1

Sorry I'm not the best at doing tutorials and it was really just luck that it turned out well. I spent about 5 days making one of these :lol:

If however you get a basic knowledge of 3DS Max and Milkshape you can make one. Never made a mesh before so its pretty easy. There's some great tutorials online. :-)

@StellaToronto

It's made for large worlds with a height of 300. It surrounds 3 sides of the map and is a typical coastline terrain.
  • NilxisNilxis Posts: 596 Member
    edited November 2012
    Hi Aaron, it's wonderful and very useful :thumbup:
    I'm using your olive tree in my world and It looks fine with Seasons and the snow, just to let you know :wink:
    edited November 2012
    Hi nilxis

Glad to see you still have it. Didn't think my quick fix would do anything to be honest.

I've been trying to make the trees lose their leaves in fall. I managed to get them to change color but the leaves wont drop for some reason.
  • StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    edited November 2012
    aaronrogers8i3
    It's made for large worlds with a height of 300. It surrounds 3 sides of the map and is a typical coastline terrain.
    Sqweeee :D
    I repainted an EA DT for my world, but your DT will work much better
    Thank you.
    stellatorontosims.tumblr.com
  • NavazzahNavazzah Posts: 156 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Hi, Aaron. Just wanted to say that you just managed to save my neighborhood. Untill yours, I hadn't found any suitable distant terrain for my world but this was absolutely perfect and it fits like a glove. Thank you. :-)

I do have a one question... could you possibly recolor this terrain for me or could you tell me how I can do it myself, a link to tutorial or such? My world is based on a bit dark'ish LA and the color of the DT is somewhat too light. I can live with it since it's a perfect fit but it would be awesome with the right texture. I have s3oc, The Texture Tweaker and SimPE. I also had the Workshop but I could reinstall it again.

This is the color scheme I'm after:
    LA.jpg
    edited December 2012
    Thanks Navazzah. Glad I could help. Distant terrains are severely lacking in caw so making my own was a must.

To recolor the terrain you just extract the IMG file which is 2048x2048 and edit it using either Photoshop using Nvidia DDS Tools plugin or by using GIMP then replace the original, save and you're done! :D
    edited December 2012
    Do I extract it with SimPE or s3oc? I can use SimPE but I'm not very good with it yet.
    edited December 2012
    you can do it all using s3pe. Are you sure it's simpe because that is for sims 2? if it is then you should get s3pe.

If you prefer though I'll make and edit for you :-)
    edited December 2012
    you can do it all using s3pe. Are you sure it's simpe because that is for sims 2? if it is then you should get s3pe.

If you prefer though I'll make and edit for you :-)

Oh my goodness, I actually wrote SimPE??? :oops: I did mean to write s3pe. Oh well, I guess that's what you get by staying up till the morning hours more than a few days in a row.:D I can try but if it's not too much trouble, I'm sure you are much better in it than me. At least I would require a little instructions for s3pe. I've mainly used it for merging packages and for changing function flags. :)