Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Restored my saved backup...unable to play

Ive done it a million times; did a backup of my computer, wipe my hard drive and then reinstall everything...this time i hit a snag. I downloaded all of my expansions and stuff packs, all of my purchased store content (i dont download content unless its from the store) and copied my back up saves from my external hard drive. I go in to play, and the save is grayed out saying that i cant play because there is content in the save that my computer doesnt have. I have checked and rechecked everything; i dont know what could be missing and its driving me nuts! Any help would be appreciated.

PS, i have all patches as well.
Watch my live streams and follow me on twitch!

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,919 Member
    edited November 2012
    I had the same problem. My personal fix was to delete the games. But I do still have copies of them if I ever go back to them. I wonder if you tried putting just one of these problem games alone into your saves folder and see if a patch gets applied to it? Otherwise I'm out of ideas.
  • smoogiesmoogie Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited November 2012
    seems like everyone had the problem I had yesturday, I once had the same problem once before. There is a workaround which worked for me last night and it is explained on this link: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/161355.page

Let me know how it goes I managed to fix my game last night and although hadn't played long I hope that it should be ok for the time being :?