Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

House Hunters International In Naples, Italay -- WINNERS GIFTED!**CLOSED**

Comments

• Options
    luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,781 Member
    edited December 2012

Hi Seascape I like the middle picture as they have used interesting plants at the front, like the ones from Lucky Palms.
    Nice to see you here :-) and I look foreward to the next round with a bigger budget :wink:
  • Options
    zappyozappyo Posts: 361 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I will hopefully have my entries for the house and the family up today. I have to write a thesis paper on Huckelberry Finn and a lab write up for chemistry and French homework that I don't understand :shock: :shock:
    Wish me luck! I'll need it :P
  • Options
    BlyssciaBlysscia Posts: 3,771 Member
    edited December 2012

For the Family:

Name / link to your page:
    Blysscia

Link to your Sim Family:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6701324

Description: So despite several attempts to change Jen and Kurt's traits and star signs to be compatible, they are not attracted to each other in my game. :( But if you can look past that, they really make a sweet family to play! I gave them fairly conservative, "All American" looks. I gave Liam the "Shy" trait so he gets a nice mood boost from being in the kitchen with his mom. But I like to think that his daredevil and athletic sides come out when he gets some one on one time with dad. Just like all kids, he knows how to play to different audiences!

Sim Favorites/Personality/Career/Skills:

Kurt Aguirre: Loves the Outdoors/Family Oriented/Handy/Athletic/Adventurous
    Squad Leader (4) LTW: Level 10 Military
    Handiness: 7, Athletic: 6, Logic: 3, Gardening: 3, Fishing:2, Charisma, 2.
    White/Steak/Country

Jennifer Aguirre: Loves the Outdoors/Family Oriented/Green Thumb/Natural Cook/Party Animal
    Veggie Slicer (3). LTW: Perfect Garden
    Cooking: 4, Gardening: 6, Athletic: 5, Handiness: 4, Logic:3, Fishing: 2, Charisma: 2
    Purple/Autumn Salad/Country

Liam Aquirre: Shy/Daredevil/Athletic
    Fishing, Logic, Writing. LTW: Creature Robot Crossbreeder (Science Level 9)
    Blue/Hamburger/Country

Pictures:
    Reading together in Pajamas:
    Screenshot-2251.jpg

Color coordinated outerwear. Family ski trip, maybe?
    Screenshot-2233.jpg

Jen and Liam's formal wear. Kurt's hero wear.
    Screenshot-2234.jpg

Athletic Wear:
    Screenshot-2235.jpg

Extra Picture Spam:
    Screenshot-2253.jpg
    Screenshot-2265.jpg
    Screenshot-2280.jpg
    Liam can overcome his shyness to mooch his favorite food! He went and sat alone at another picnic table though. Aww!
    Screenshot-2212.jpg
    Only Child Bliss. Enjoy it while it lasts, kid.
    Screenshot-2246.jpg
    Screenshot-2245.jpg
    Screenshot-2230.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2012

For the House:

Name / link to your page:
    Blysscia

Link to your Lot:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6701319

Description: Villa Mulino sits on a large 40x40 plot on the edge of the city. A reminder of times gone by. Villa Mulino is rennovated mill that could easily be converted into a luxurious and eclectic mansion by the right prosperous family. Sparsely furnished and perfect for a traveling family on the go or sims who prefer to spend time in the great outdoors. All appliances, plumbing fixtures, and electronics are upgraded.

Pictures:

Screenshot-2227.jpg
    Screenshot-2228.jpg

Kurt can make his mancave in the attic. Jennifer and Liam are too spooked to spend much time up there anyway.
    Screenshot-2218.jpg

Second floor: Hallway with sitting and skilling areas. Master bedroom with ensuite. Common bathroom. Liam's bedroom is across the hall from Liam's playroom. The playroom could easily be converted into a nursery. Laundry room.
    Screenshot-2219.jpg

Ground floor: Entry room leads into a large open kitchen and dining room. Includes an indoor planter, oodles of counter space, and views of the garden for Jennifer. Liam has his own oven, train set, and ample homework room to be by Momma's side at all times. There is an enclosed breezeway so that the outdoor nuts can always make a quick escape. Chess set and stairwell.
    Screenshot-2220.jpg

Personal photos can be found around the house.
    Screenshot-2273.jpg
    Oooh! It wasn't skiing. I guess they went to see the Aurora Borealis together. Neat!
    Screenshot-2274.jpg
    Liam's Bedroom:
    Screenshot-2240.jpg
    Playroom in action:
    Screenshot-2246-1.jpg
    Kitchen/dining area is the heart of the home.
    Screenshot-2254.jpg
    Screenshot-2258.jpg
    Lots of outdoor activities.
    Screenshot-2255.jpg
    Laundry Room:
    Screenshot-2225.jpg
    Master Bed and Bath:
    Screenshot-2241.jpg
    Common Bathroom:
    Screenshot-2260.jpg
    Screenshot-2252.jpg

World lot was built in: Moonlight Falls

Budget/Price of House: Original was 51k (Overage came from outdoor stone wallpaper and some of the lawn items) 1 Day's depreciation brought it down to 49k. Uploaded form was $40,900, I believe.

Inspiration Photo:

Tuscany-Mulino-01.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited December 2012
    Woot, new family and a new house! Got them both rec'd! :D Love the inspiration pic you chose, lots of room for future family and expansion and your family is cute! :D
  • Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    edited December 2012
    Wow, loving the entries so far, they're fantastic. Makes me second guess what I am building, lol. Mine is a stone and stucco house. I keep making changes to mine because I end up running out of money. First I had a garage and a basement, and thought maybe garages weren't that popular in Italy so I tore that down, deleted the basement too. It's almost finished, but of course need to playtest and take photos.

But great job everyone so far....this is going to be a tough competition. And I love Seascape's HH contest series so far. :D AND all the inspiration photos!
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited December 2012
    I know I debated about the garage and at first I had the Man Cave in there and the basement was empty but then I kept looking at all the townhouse inspiration pics and they show a garage door so even tho I don't usually play with my sims having an auto I know some do. As my family expands my garage will probably be converted! LOL

I wonder if the Monte Vista will have cars or be bikes like some of the vacation worlds are?

Can't wait to see what you did do! :D
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    romagi1 wrote:
    I know I debated about the garage and at first I had the Man Cave in there and the basement was empty but then I kept looking at all the townhouse inspiration pics and they show a garage door so even tho I don't usually play with my sims having an auto I know some do. As my family expands my garage will probably be converted! LOL

I wonder if the Monte Vista will have cars or be bikes like some of the vacation worlds are?

Can't wait to see what you did do! :D

I really like your house Romagi. The front entrance is so warm and inviting and I like the color scheme of your exterior and of the interior. Very nicely laid out and I like how you did your garage with the walkway area inbetween.

P.S. After seeing your pictures again, I just realized that I hadn't added any hampers to my house yet, oops.
  • Options
    Jillyson_Twozaks_1Jillyson_Twozaks_1 Posts: 3,334 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Just unbelievable! You guys are amazing!
  • Options
    Ivanna420Ivanna420 Posts: 5,432 Member
    edited December 2012
    Yay! more lovelies to play with...lol Nice job Blysscia.

Seascape, love the pics. No need for me today. :wink::mrgreen:
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited December 2012
    Great house and family, Blyssica :thumbup:
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited December 2012
    Beautiful houses and families everyone! I'm lurking and taking in all these wonderful inspiration pics! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,781 Member
    edited December 2012

:) Rec'd upto date, this has turned out such a fantastic contest with so many great homes simmers will download for the new world out soon. :)

Thank you Seascape for your amazing gifts, I am forever grateful to you and your generous nature xxx You deserve the best Christmas ever :) xxx hugs, Hill.
  • Options
    momolucumomolucu Posts: 83
    edited December 2012
    I want to enter please! actually i already made the house yesterday.. its just need some final touches and hopefully i can upload it tomorrow. :D
  • Options
    FullHouseOf6FullHouseOf6 Posts: 22 Member
    edited December 2012
    I could use a little input/advice from the more experienced or just plain knowledgeable creator/competitors here. I had pretty much finished my house when I posted my first comment. Just not truly satisfied with the completed product. I had already play tested it and was just trying to decide if it was really ready to turn in or if by some miracle I could make it better. I have considered a few options. Trying to re-build with the advice of walkingstick having a sim that is fully handy to help with cost in order to put more into the wow factor. Starting completely over and try to find a way to make it better. Stop being so overly critical of my creation and turn it in the way it is and learn from this competition. Wait for Monte Vista to come out and see if there are things in that to make it really wow! I am just too picky about my creations, constantly redoing them even after they are done. I just do not feel this house has enough wow factor. I did give the Sims everything they desired! Thank you for all your help. Everyone here is so sweet and helpful.
  • Options
    snowdove58snowdove58 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited December 2012
    snowdove58 http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/snowdove58
    The Conrad Family Link- http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6705147
    Kurt Conrad
    Traits: Brave, great kisser, disciplined,Handy & athletic
    LTW- Astronaut
    Job- Military,Level- Grunt
    Skills-Handiness 8, athletic 5, logic 4
    Favorites- Steak, Pop & Black
    Kurt.jpg
    Jennifer Conrad
    Traits: Great kisser, family, natural cook, green thumb & friendly
    LTW- Culinary Librarian
    Job- Homemaker
    Skills- Cooking 5, Gardening 5, handiness 3, creativity 3,logic 1
    Favorites- Salad, Pop,White
    She likes to Smustle
    Jennifer.jpg
    Liam Conrad
    Traits- Brave ,loves the outdoors,family oriented
    Skills- logic 2
    Favorites- Burger, Pop & Blue
    Liam cooks on his stove and makes perfect desserts and muffins
    Liam.jpg
    Everyday wear
    Screenshot-53.jpg
    Pajamas ( Kurt and Jennifer share)
    Pajamas.jpg
    Swimwear
    Swimwear.jpg
    Sportswear
    Screenshot-41.jpg
    Formal
    Formal.jpg
    Outerwear
    Screenshot-51.jpg
    Eating Liams perfect muffins
    Screenshot-40.jpg
    Being affectionate
    Screenshot-32.jpg
    Daddy and Son chat
    Screenshot-18.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    snowdove58 wrote:
    Pajamas ( Kurt and Jennifer share)

Love that! :lol:
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    snowdove58 wrote:
    The Conrad Family Link

Snowdove, nice job on your Conrad family. I like their matching jammies! LOL Rec'd.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I could use a little input/advice from the more experienced or just plain knowledgeable creator/competitors here. I had pretty much finished my house when I posted my first comment. Just not truly satisfied with the completed product. I had already play tested it and was just trying to decide if it was really ready to turn in or if by some miracle I could make it better. I have considered a few options. Trying to re-build with the advice of walkingstick having a sim that is fully handy to help with cost in order to put more into the wow factor. Starting completely over and try to find a way to make it better. Stop being so overly critical of my creation and turn it in the way it is and learn from this competition. Wait for Monte Vista to come out and see if there are things in that to make it really wow! I am just too picky about my creations, constantly redoing them even after they are done. I just do not feel this house has enough wow factor. I did give the Sims everything they desired! Thank you for all your help. Everyone here is so sweet and helpful.

FullHouse....I know exactly how you feel. I don't know that I have any advice for you, but I'm pretty much in the same boat. My house is now done, but I keep taking things away, adding different things, then the price exceeds $50K, so I change more things....I even totally swapped the boy's bedroom with the nursery because there was something I didn't like in the boy's room. Anyways, I too am very picky and am never satisfied with my creation--to the point of being obsessed with it, lol. Good luck on what you decide to do. At least there is still a lot of time left. :-)

Have a good day.
  • Options
    becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited December 2012
    Entries added till here. Will check current entries through CUSTARD now (though not really judging or anything till close) I just want to make sure all know know if there are issues.

One thing you can do yourself (and I was able to do this myself) when you get your family or lot ready to upload, it's in the file called "Exports". You can do a CUSTARD check from there before you upload if you like. It works quite well. And hope this helps.

Edited to add: I tested all the entries to this point, and as of 03 December @ 4:40 PM MST all items were clear though CUSTARD. I know this is not written in stone as change can happen up till the minute of close, I just wanted to let everyone know now in case there were changes needed and could be done in a timely manner. Thus far, nope, you are are good on this Part. :mrgreen:

My other quick observation to add, is to make sure you follow the instructions and fill out a bio (bio is kinda key here for the family as well as a bit of play) Hope this helps...
  • Options
    becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited December 2012

I can tell you I probably will not have Monte Vista by then...and some of the other judges might not either...So I would not plan on waiting for that. As far as "Wow" factor, as a judge, I'm looking more for family quarters that fits the budget. Like I said, I don't envision a pool in this lot...nor do I envision a 60x60 lot. I'm looking more for that "homey" type charm that you would see for someone just starting out. Wish I could show you all the episode of HGTV this episode was inspired from...
  • Options
    zappyozappyo Posts: 361 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Entry form

Casa D'Amoure (House of Love)

Zappyo: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/zappyo

Lot: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6705577

Description:

This house is everthing that Kurt and Jennifer could ever dream of. It has a big kitchen, large living space, 2 bedrooms(plus an empty room for a nursery), a mancave for Kurt to escape his stressfull life where he can workout and hang out, a playground, patio, and a garden that Jennifer has already filled with plants

Pictures:

Screenshot-141.jpg

Screenshot-149.jpg

Screenshot-148.jpg

Screenshot-142.jpg

http://s1293.beta.photobucket.com/user/zappyo7/library/Naples Italy Contest?view=media#/user/zappyo7/library/Naples Italy Contest?&_suid=1354583341886010203629887132431
    World Built In: Lucky Palms

Price: $48,934
  • Options
    snowdove58snowdove58 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited December 2012
    becomingjenn, I did put a pool in mine. When I was going through the real estate places I noticed that there was pool access with most of the rentals and in town homes. I figured a private pool would be a great selling point. It took a chunk out of my budget though :D