Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

House Hunters International In Naples, Italay -- WINNERS GIFTED!**CLOSED**

Comments

• snowdove58snowdove58 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited November 2012
    I went with an in town house I liked:
    print2.jpg
    I'm over budget by 1000 still. Last night I took away part of the cellar and watched the cost come off the unfurnished price but not the furnished. Kurt's man cave is now a smaller empty basement :mrgreen: This young couple is still going to have some stuff to buy.
  • luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,779 Member
    edited November 2012
    Thanks romagi1 and GreenCats I look foreward to showing the rest, I hope you still like it. Btw I have pics of 5 zombies having a dance/party out the front :lol: glad they didnt appear in the back garden with harvest planted. :thumbup:
    What problem are you having romagi ? hope you dont mind me asking...maybe someone can help you with ideas.

Oh and Congrats to the winners in the 2 Colour contest. :wink:

Snowdove58 I hope you get the price down, its so difficult I know, I had to remove the paintings I got the tester sim to do as the price kept creeping up as they appreciate...I found out!
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited November 2012
    It's the stairs under another set of stairs. Sometimes it works (I think it depends whichway the house sits) and sometimes you have to move it back 1 tile. Moving it back one tile messes with the doorway and floorplan. I can fix it but I don't like it as well. I have several options but all options will add $$$$ to the house. Which means I have to take something else away to fix the stairs. So, I know what to do....I just don't like it.

Sandraelle and agstah, glad I could help. I seem to always be saving one of my simmies back. And if you don't want them saved anymore its no deal to delete them out of the saved sims bin.

Oh, Snow another townhouse! Love all the different ways everyone is going with this! It's just like a House Hunters show!!! :mrgreen:

Edit: And I can't spell! :lol:

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • BlyssciaBlysscia Posts: 3,771 Member
    edited November 2012
    I am terrible with budgets. I think I picked an inspiration photo with a home that was too large.
    I have the house built and minimally furnished and I'm at 50k exactly.
    We're talking next to no decor items and only the $0 wallpaper and flooring. :lol:

I'd feel like I was cheating if I moved them in and let the place depreciate, but it's so depressing not having wallpaper. Maybe I will upload both versions to try and be transparent.

Loving all the WIP's and inspiration photos! If I ever get Monte Vista, I'm going to drop a bunch of the houses from this thread into it.
  • becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited November 2012
    I'm adding this here to keep the entries on one thread.

jef299 wrote:
    I am just going to do the family, I made a house but it was too hard to stay within their budget..

For the Family:
    Name / link to your page: jef299
    Link to your Sim Family: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6665219
    Description: This is a family. They probably even love each other. They wanna go to Italy.
    Sim Favorites/Personality/Career: Jennifer likes salad. Kurt likes Steak. Liam likes hamburgers. Kurt is athletic and he wants to be an astronaut.
    Pictures: Jennifer: screenshotvrf.jpg
    Kurt: screenshot2nh.jpg
    Liam: screenshot8gx.jpg

edited November 2012
    Okay, entries are now all entered on the first page. I will have them checked through CUSTARD by this weekend...but it makes me feel good to have some part done. Now to work on my SS gift :mrgreen:
    edited November 2012
    edited November 2012
    Yes, I forgot, this would be a perfect place to add in those wall coverings that cost 0 simoleans. Romagi1, looks like you used some of them.

Okay, now off to find some inspiration pictures.
    edited November 2012
    Bedrooms

tuscan-bedroom.jpg

Kitchen:

tuscan-style-kitchens-kitchen-decor-home-decorating.gif

tuscan-home1.jpg

Outdoor options:

tuscan-decorating-2.jpg

72397_25.jpg

Remember, our couple is just starting out. We don't expect palazzo (sp?), but a more "homey" feeling. Lots don't have to be huge either. Expect a more smaller lot as well...and that might save you $ as well :mrgreen:
    edited November 2012
    Blysscia wrote:
    I am terrible with budgets. I think I picked an inspiration photo with a home that was too large.
    I have the house built and minimally furnished and I'm at 50k exactly.
    We're talking next to no decor items and only the $0 wallpaper and flooring. :lol:

I'd feel like I was cheating if I moved them in and let the place depreciate, but it's so depressing not having wallpaper. Maybe I will upload both versions to try and be transparent.

Loving all the WIP's and inspiration photos! If I ever get Monte Vista, I'm going to drop a bunch of the houses from this thread into it.

I'm pretty sure most of them will be just a bit depreciated just from the time playtesting and doing any upgrading or letting the garden grow. I know mine is going to have 2 or 3 days of depreciation on it, just from all of the above. :D

And yes I used free walls and flooring where I could, along with pool walls recolored. Anything to keep the price down. Not alot of high dollar furnishings either.
    edited November 2012
    :lol: romagi1 I hope this is not turning into a door competition :D just kidding, did you manage to sort the stairs out? I hope so and that it did not cost much! look foreward to seeing all your home :wink: bet its lovely inside too.
    I hope to upload mine tomorrow. Hill

Edit
    I just saw you are writing same time as me lol, yes I think most ppl will play a house a few days. My house is a decent size but its lacking in decorations like ***** etc, the couple will have to treat themselves now and then, maybe go on holiday and raid a tomb :wink:
    edited November 2012
    LOL, I couldn't resist! :mrgreen: I had to mess with you and do the door shot too! :lol:

Maybe we should start a front door thing, curb appeal ya know. Don't they always bring that up in those shows? :D
    edited November 2012
  • SnowmoonSnowmoon Posts: 3,437 Member
    edited November 2012
    Howdy!

So before I upload and "enter" fully, tell me if I'm off mark on my home. I tried searching for homes and then looked at all of your inspiration posts, and I am thinking I'm not going in the right direction. I picked The Lilac House from WA (I couldn't get a build I liked) and remodeled to fit my needs. Thoughts:

LilacHouseRemodel1.jpg
    Find my builds under Evie_Snowmoon in the Gallery!
    edited November 2012
    LOL, ya I think the Zombie thing would have the opposite effective of curb appeal! :shock: I'd be heading on to the next one! :mrgreen:
    edited November 2012
    Well, she said the French houses would work because they are influenced by alot of different cultures but.....and I could totally be out there and wrong...so if someone thinks otherwise please say so. But from the inspiration pics I have seen the roofs are usually flat or fairly low pitched.

Don't hate me! :? It is just my opinion and could well be wrong and mine is not going to be quite as low as some either.

edited November 2012
    romagi >> That is exactly what I am looking for. =) I am thinking I may just try my hand at building one for myself and just mirroring the interior I did for this build. We'll see.

Thanks!

-Snow
    edited November 2012
    I should probably just keep my mouth shut! LOL I don't like to critique others work in a contest because you never really know what the judges are looking at and for. Just like in the show - it's all in the eye of the beholder. :D
    edited November 2012
    Hehe, I know that feeling. I normally I don't ask. This is just "foreign" to me, Hehe.

Thanks dear!

-Snow
  • Ivanna420Ivanna420 Posts: 5,432 Member
    edited December 2012
    Hi everyone! First I have to say, hill and Romagi, I love your peeks. Snowmoon, I think that romagi was steering you right about the roof lines. I have seen a few pics of ones with peaked roof, but they were still very low peaks.

Now for some more inspiration.

2.jpg

francesco01-villa-rental-assisi.jpg

italian-villa-beautiful-home-3.jpg?e8bd46

italian-villa-beautiful-home-8.png?e8bd46

Sorry, some of these would be out of budget range, but were just so pretty, I had to share. :mrgreen:
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
    edited December 2012
    Well Ladies and Gents, I just found a great site for Italian homes.

http://www.propertyshowrooms.com/italy/property/ad-1761/the marches.html

I have only gone through a few of the pages, but looks pretty good.

-Snow
  • Ivanna420Ivanna420 Posts: 5,432 Member
    edited December 2012
    Awesome link snowmoon. Thanks alot. That will be very helpful, I think. :mrgreen:
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
    edited December 2012
    Ivanna>> I hope folks find it useful. I was amazed at how many homes they have on display. And thanks for the comments on the roof. I think I am just going to start over. I'll upload that home, but for the comp I am going to use something different! I am glad I have all month to think on this one; it is challenging for me and that is what I need. =)

• misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    edited December 2012
    I'm sorry if I'm being too literal...but Naples is a HUGE, bustling and cramped city. There aren't any farm houses or large houses in the city center, more townhomes and apartments.

Are we to loosely create more generic Italian styled houses?

I've been to Naples, and trust me when I say there are more streets and concrete than farm villas :)

Just wondering if anything goes for this challenge, as long as it's Mediterranean styled.

Thanks!

edited December 2012
    misscbong wrote:
    I'm sorry if I'm being too literal...but Naples is a HUGE, bustling and cramped city. There aren't any farm houses or large houses in the city center, more townhomes and apartments.

Are we to loosely create more generic Italian styled houses?

I've been to Naples, and trust me when I say there are more streets and concrete than farm villas :)

Just wondering if anything goes for this challenge, as long as it's Mediterranean styled.

Thanks!

At least for me, that's why I showed a lot of "cramped" houses. And looking online and what they showed from the episode, it was a bit airy inside(I've looke at a lot of the realty sites for Naples). It's why I was saying to also look at even a smaller lot to get everything you want. Honestly, for me, not looking for a pool in this lot...but the general charm. As to style, there are lots of styles...because, it is a port city and an old one at that. I guess that is the thought I'm trying to convey. I hope this helps. But I'm but one judge...so these are my thoughts and what I'm looking for...others may interpret it differently.