Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

House Hunters International In Naples, Italay -- WINNERS GIFTED!**CLOSED**

Comments

• Options
    Rawr2019Rawr2019 Posts: 14,407 Member
    edited November 2012
    romagi1 wrote:
    Yep, it is!

K then yes ^__^ those are the prizes ^____________^
  • Options
    becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited November 2012
    Rawr2019 wrote:
    romagi1 wrote:
    Yep, it is!

K then yes ^__^ those are the prizes ^____________^

Wow! okay, updated...this is going to be so much fun ;P

I'll get the entries situated tomorrow, as there was a lot of change over.
  • Options
    SnowmoonSnowmoon Posts: 3,437 Member
    edited November 2012
    The wow factor of this comp keeps going up. The prizes are amazing and the entries are top notch. Cheers!

-Snow
    Find my builds under Evie_Snowmoon in the Gallery!
  • Options
    walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    edited November 2012
    Wow. I already thought the prizes were amazing. Now they are :shock:

Great entries so far everyone. I really find it frustrating that I can only start up my game at the weekend!!
  • Options
    happymoohorsehappymoohorse Posts: 116 Member
    edited November 2012
    Hi Jenn, just letting you know I've seen that a new threads been started, I'm still planning to enter, just finishing off my secret santa gifts and a lot for another contest first, don't won't to be doing too many things at once or I'll never finish any of them :D
    Thank you so much for taking this on for Seascape. I've got the same issue of seasons not showing up in my games list, and it's really sad that she's having this problem, especially after all she does with the communitiy.

Rawr2019 wrote:
    K Jenn I redid the prizes so they are like this now

A Standard World of Choice, or 4,000 simpoints in WL items. Winners will receive 4,000 simpoints in one manner or another -be it a world and WL items, just WL items, a simpoint bundle, etc.

Second Place: 2,500 simpoints in WL items

Third Place: 750 simpoints in WL items

Honorable Mention: 500 simpoints in WL items

Host's Favorite: 175 simpoints in WL Items
    *Jenn will pick her favorite family and house*

I have 10,600 from Seascape
    Blunote has 5,250
    Total = 15,850

Someone check my math please D:

Wow! :shock:

• Options
    zappyozappyo Posts: 361 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Oh my wow the prizes are so generous!! Thanks Seascape and Blunote :D
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited November 2012
    Wow! Those prizes are huge!!! :shock: :shock:

How kind of Sescape. I saw her going about the mypages last night - I really, really hope this means there's a chance she'll stick around.

Romagi and faith, you're families look great (everything else does too, but I think these are the only entries I hadn't seen already).

Here is mine. No family from me, just this house. Found it quite easy to come in on budget, so I hope I haven't missed anything!

Name / link to your page: GreenCats

Link to your Lot: Villa Napoletana

Description: This peaceful, rustic villa sits just on the outskirts of naples. The building is very traditional, with its shuttered windows, multiple buildings, and external staircases; but interior staircases have also been added for ease of movement, and the build has been fitted out with modern plumbing and appliances. The villa features two bedrooms, a nusery, two full bathrooms, and a workout/recreation room, but the homely family kitchen is really its focal point. It is fully furnished, with no expense spared on decoration (and clutter, and all plumbing/electrics/appliances upgraded); but many of the functional objects - such as beds and plumbing - are very basic, so there are plenty of opportunities for upgrades should Jennifer and Kurt acculmulate some more simoleons. In keeping with the theme, several prints of Italian Renaissance paintings (by da Vinci and Botticelli) are scattered through the house (though a few French and English ones slipped in too!). Several of the windows have external shutters, reducing the need for curtains. See below for further descriptions of the build.

Pictures:

Fruit tress line the pathway to the villa's four front entranceways (two upstairs, two downstairs). To the side and rear lies an informal kitchen garden, which natural cook Jennifer is sure to love. Italian olive trees frame the villa on both sides, and ash and oak trees form a backdrop.
    Screenshot-2.jpg

At the back of the vill, is a little patio, protected from the hot Italian sun by large trees. There is a swingset for Liam here and room for some seating or small toys if desired.
    Screenshot-4.jpg

This rustic, family-sized kitchen should keep Jennifer and Liam happy. The Japanese grill isn't very Italian of course, but its setting is, and all good cooks need a diverse repetoire. The overhead cabinets provide good storage space for all the local produce and for what Jennifer will be able to grow herself - and there is also ample shelving above the grill and behind the sink. The kitchen is also where the washer and dryer have been placed, to allow Jennifer to keep an eye on dinner (and on sous chef Liam) while she is doing the laundry.
    Screenshot-7.jpg

Screenshot-8.jpg

This reading/reception area opens onto the back porch. Be sure to have a look inside the bookcase!
    Screenshot-9.jpg

Screenshot-10.jpg

Liam's bedroom combines traditional Italian design with childish whimsy (in the form of a dog lamp). There is space for him to study, and a costume chest for playtime.
    Screenshot-11.jpg

The upstairs of the larger building has high wooden ceilings.
    Screenshot-12.jpg

Jennifer and Kurt's bedroom opens out onto a small balcony. Doors lead through to the nursery and an en suite bathroom.
    Screenshot-14.jpg

Screenshot-15.jpg

Jennifer and Kurt's bathroom, like the downstairs one, was built on a budget but has been fully upgraded to unbreakable.
    Screenshot-16.jpg

The nursery is small but pretty. There is one slot left open for a toy of Kurt and Jessica's choice.
    Screenshot-21.jpg

With its black leather sofas and dark, metallic feature wall, Kurt's man-cave definately feels masculine. For his atheltic and recreation needs, it features a workout machine, a stereo, and a darts board. There's plenty of space and facilities for him to bring over his new Italian friends, or even to spend an evening with Jennifer if he decides to allow her into his sacred space.
    Screenshot-19.jpg

Screenshot-20.jpg

(I hope that's not too many pictures or too much description!)

World lot was built in: Champs Les Sims

Budget/Price of House: 48,598

Post edited by Unknown User on
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    edited November 2012
    Oohhhhhhhhhhhhhh

mmmyyyyyyy

goooossshhhhh!!!

Wowie, these prizes are phenomenal!!! Bless Seascape's heart! And thank you to Blunote as well for contributing such a large prize.

Hmmmm.......Now I feel like the house I started will not be worthy and I feel like starting a whole new one, lol. Walkingstick, I feel your frustration as I don't have as much time during the week to build either.

Greencats, your house is awesome, already rec'd as I saw it posted on your Mypage. Are the Italian pictures what your sim painted? I find that the sim painted paintings are so expensive! Well done.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Sandraelle wrote:
    Greencats, your house is awesome, already rec'd as I saw it posted on your Mypage. Are the Italian pictures what your sim painted? I find that the sim painted paintings are so expensive! Well done.

Thank you very much. They're actually photographs. The sim I used is a level 10 photographer (thanks to Master Controller), but because the photos are of 'nothing' they only come in at like 20 simoleons each, which I guess is realistic if they're just framed posters/prints. There are enough other decor objects for sims still to get a really good 'nicely decorated' boost though.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    GreenCats wrote:
    Sandraelle wrote:

Thank you very much. They're actually photographs. The sim I used is a level 10 photographer (thanks to Master Controller), but because the photos are of 'nothing' they only come in at like 20 simoleons each, which I guess is realistic if they're just framed posters/prints. There are enough other decor objects for sims still to get a really good 'nicely decorated' boost though.

Oh ok, thanks so much Greencats. Since I mainly just build, I am clueless when it comes to Sims' careers and stuff. I didn't know anything about the Master Controller mod. I didn't even know what it was so I googled it and discovered it is a mod. So if I'm understanding it correctly, if you install this mod, you can enter a level # for you sim's career? Sorry, I'm just really unknowledgable when it comes to playing the Sims.
  • Options
    luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,783 Member
    edited November 2012

Wowzers the prizes are just huge, I would have to treat some friends if I win anything. I have started a second build and its price is on track this time thank goodness.
    Yours is brilliant GreenCats I saw it on the exchange and Rec'd it and was excited to see pics, I love the high ceilings, very clever and the man cave is great, much bigger than mine. I see we are in for another tough contest, all good so we do our best.
  • Options
    luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,783 Member
    edited November 2012

Since I mainly just build, I am clueless when it comes to Sims' careers and stuff. I didn't know anything about the Master Controller mod. I didn't even know what it was so I googled it and discovered it is a mod. So if I'm understanding it correctly, if you install this mod, you can enter a level # for you sim's career? Sorry, I'm just really unknowledgable when it comes to playing the Sims. [/quote]

Hi Sandraelle, you can also pick a job and level by using the Testingcheatsenabled on/off cheat, by (I think) shift click the mailbox via the sim you are using. It does work its I cant remember if its ctrl or shift key!
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited November 2012
    Wowee - lovely builds and Sims so far!

:shock: :shock: And those prizes - you guys are so darned generous! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    sandraelle wrote:
    Since I mainly just build, I am clueless when it comes to Sims' careers and stuff. I didn't know anything about the Master Controller mod. I didn't even know what it was so I googled it and discovered it is a mod. So if I'm understanding it correctly, if you install this mod, you can enter a level # for you sim's career? Sorry, I'm just really unknowledgable when it comes to playing the Sims.
    Hi Sandraelle, you can also pick a job and level by using the Testingcheatsenabled on/off cheat, by (I think) shift click the mailbox via the sim you are using. It does work its I cant remember if its ctrl or shift key!

Thanks Hilary! I learn something new everyday. That sounds a little eaiser than the mod, although I haven't tried the mod so how would I know? LOL But thank you Greencats and Luckyheather for the tips. I still have a lot to learn when it comes to sims playability.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Sandraelle wrote:
    sandraelle wrote:
    Since I mainly just build, I am clueless when it comes to Sims' careers and stuff. I didn't know anything about the Master Controller mod. I didn't even know what it was so I googled it and discovered it is a mod. So if I'm understanding it correctly, if you install this mod, you can enter a level # for you sim's career? Sorry, I'm just really unknowledgable when it comes to playing the Sims.

Thanks Hilary! I learn something new everyday. That sounds a little eaiser than the mod, although I haven't tried the mod so how would I know? LOL But thank you Greencats and Luckyheather for the tips. I still have a lot to learn when it comes to sims playability.

Yes, you can change your carreer level without any mods. Like you, I really just use the game for building, which is why the 'Cheats' module of Master Controller is so useful. You can do many, many things with it, but one of the options it provides is to level up your sims' skills grind-free. All my house tester sims are level 10 gardeners, painters, handy-(wo)men, writers, and photographers thanks to twallan.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    GreenCats wrote:
    Sandraelle wrote:
    sandraelle wrote:

Yes, you can change your carreer level without any mods. Like you, I really just use the game for building, which is why the 'Cheats' module of Master Controller is so useful. You can do many, many things with it, but one of the options it provides is to level up your sims' skills grind-free. All my house tester sims are level 10 gardeners, painters, handy-(wo)men, writers, and photographers thanks to twallan.

Great to know Greencats. I guess I will have to download that mod and try it out sometime. Thanks again!!
  • Options
    TheBuckeye5TheBuckeye5 Posts: 229
    edited November 2012
    Jenn,

The entry on the first page of the forum is not the one I'm using for the competition. Could you change it to the one that I have on my entry?
    (pg. 2)

Thanks,

Ethan
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Sandraelle wrote:

Great to know Greencats. I guess I will have to download that mod and try it out sometime. Thanks again!!

No problem :mrgreen:
  • Options
    FullHouseOf6FullHouseOf6 Posts: 22 Member
    edited November 2012
    I am very new to contests as this is my first to compete in. I was very excited about this one. I love building but have typically only built at the request of one of my children and have posted very few on the exchange. My biggest problem being a rather inexperienced contestant is the budget. Right now I am just under budget and not much in the way of decor or landscaping. I do not know how others do it. I am going to enter my house no matter what and probably the family since I am building them to try the house and for the pictures. Thank you so much for everything and for keeping this going. I just saw today the problems and am so sorry to hear of any difficulties anyone is facing. After so much work on the house I am extra thankful the show will go on! I am not sure how you are put in to compete so I guess this is my saying I am putting a house and probably the family in the contest. Thank you so much. I originally posted this on the old thread, oops...
  • Options
    corettabarajascorettabarajas Posts: 1,427 Member
    edited November 2012
    I am very new to contests as this is my first to compete in. I was very excited about this one. I love building but have typically only built at the request of one of my children and have posted very few on the exchange. My biggest problem being a rather inexperienced contestant is the budget. Right now I am just under budget and not much in the way of decor or landscaping. I do not know how others do it. I am going to enter my house no matter what and probably the family since I am building them to try the house and for the pictures. Thank you so much for everything and for keeping this going. I just saw today the problems and am so sorry to hear of any difficulties anyone is facing. After so much work on the house I am extra thankful the show will go on! I am not sure how you are put in to compete so I guess this is my saying I am putting a house and probably the family in the contest. Thank you so much. I originally posted this on the old thread, oops...

There are many money saving ways to make a house well rounded and beautiful! Recolor is you biggest friend in these cases, using less expensive flooring and wall coverings and then recoloring them to make them look more expensive is a huge money saver, which can then be used to buy more decor and landscaping :)
  • Options
    walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    edited November 2012

Hi there, welcome to the world of entering competitions. You might get addicted :D A good way to save money is to have a sim with maximum handiness skill build the house. Build buy items are cheaper that way. Also, if you live in a house for a week after it's built, the price reduces by quite a bit. Finally, if you have a foundation, only put it round the edge of the build, not in the middle. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    edited November 2012

Hi there, welcome to the world of entering competitions. You might get addicted :D A good way to save money is to have a sim with maximum handiness skill build the house. Build buy items are cheaper that way. Also, if you live in a house for a week after it's built, the price reduces by quite a bit. Finally, if you have a foundation, only put it round the edge of the build, not in the middle. Hope this helps.

Great tips Walkingstick!! I didn't know about the handy sim building the house. I build the house first, then I move a sim in to playtest it and then have them live there a little while to help reduce the price. And it never entered my mind to just use the foundation around the edge, great idea! Yay, learned something new again! Thanks so much!!

P.S. FullHouseOf6, I agree with Walkingstick, that you WILL get addicted to entering competitions. I can totally relate to that. :D
  • Options
    zappyozappyo Posts: 361 New Member
    edited November 2012
    This is my first build contest also and can I just say I think I'm addicted! :-o
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Finally, if you have a foundation, only put it round the edge of the build, not in the middle. Hope this helps.

I had never thought of this! :oops:
    Thank you - what a great tip :-)

FullHouseOf6 and zappyo, congratulations on deciding to enter your first contest! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    Ivanna420Ivanna420 Posts: 5,432 Member
    edited November 2012
    Sorry everyone for disappearring for a couple of days. I was busy judging Faith and Mine and Ashley's contest. I'm back on duty now. A big thanks to Nik and Jenn for keeping this up and going. Another thanks for Seascape gifting the points for Nik to continue the contest with and to Blunote for her amazing generosity of adding to the already generous prizes.

Romagi - I love your sneak peek and your family. I hope you don't start over.

GreenCats - Your villa is lovely. I can see already that judging these are going to be so much fun and a very tough job.

Thanks to all you more experienced builders for helping out the new builders. That's one of the things I love about this place. Some very good tips, too.

I'm all caught up with rec's and downloads. Very nice jobs, everyone.

I found another wonderful looking villa to post to inspire everyone. This one is a little more modern with a bit of old world as well.

Italian-villa-2.jpg
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif