Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happens to Washing When it Rains?

Basically, what it says on the tin :)

Has anyone tried to see if anything special or realistic happens? I'll be a little annoyed if it didn't get wet again
Origin Username: LizzieMay +++ New friends are always welcome :)

Comments

• Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited November 2012
    Nothing happens to it , as daft as it is washing still dries out when hung outside on the line in rainstorms
  • Options
    conundrum_dragonconundrum_dragon Posts: 794 Member
    edited November 2012
    lol I was going to try this to see what happens, funny your sim gets soaked but clothing on the line gets dry. :?:
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited November 2012
    yup it dries... I rememebred that the sim had clothes out... and it had rain for half a day... it was dry... :lol: wonderful unrealistic.... but the horses don't get soaked either... though the cats and dogs do I have heard... strange world the sims... gota love it
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited November 2012
    I know it might sound like nitpicking but really they should think more about these little details. That is why we play the game.

When they take shortcuts or try and save work for themselves it just hurts the game in the long run.

But then again there is a lot going on in the game now so I suppse they can't implement everything that they could put in.

I guess to make the laundry correspond with the weather they'd have to rework whatever the programming is already in place. Laundry previously dried out at a set amount of time but now they'd have to have it take into account whether it's raining or dry and if the clothes were almost dry and it started raining then there'd have to be some mechnaism in the animation to reset the wet stage I guess and then take into account how long the rain lasts before restarting the drying cycle?

Probably more trouble then it is worth from their persepective.