Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wordpress Guru Needed - Plz Help

Are there any Wordpress users out there that know how to format a blog - I tell ya... I'm kinda clueless and I'm reading and reading but the terms don't really mean anything to me so I'm going cross-eyed for nothing. They have really good forums there, but a certain level of competency is required/expected and unfortunately, I don't fit the bill. Referring me to pages I've read endlessly doesn't really help!

Can someone give a hand? I'd be very appreciative and name one of my founder's kids after you. Yes, I'll even use your screen name. Want a simmie in my legacy? No problem. I'll marry you in. Anything!!!

Comments

• kethrydrakekethrydrake Posts: 2,389 Member
    edited November 2012
    Is there anything in particular that's giving you problems? Personally, I've found it very easy to use, even though it's the first time for me.
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited November 2012
    In particular? I wanted to learn about using pages and making it look more like a website - but as that goal is a bit farfetched with me at the controls, I'd settle for... How do I make only one post show at a time on the home page, and how do I hide a link behind a word. As in, click here, with here being the link. Yes, I am that backward.

I have numerous other questions but for the time being, that would help alot. :)
  • mojot89mojot89 Posts: 10,040 Member
    edited November 2012
    One post on front page: go to the Reading section under settings. Change the "Blog pages at most show" to 1. That should fix that.

Links: when writing a post where you want to use a link, you need to switch from visual view to text view. then click "link". paste your link where is says URL in the little pop-up. then click add link. it should show up like this in your post:

<*a href="http://www.somewebsite.com"&gt; <*/a>
    Just remove the *

right before the </a> and right after the .com"> type to word you want to appear. so it should look like this:

<*a href="http://www.somewebsite.com"&gt; Click here <*/a>
    Just remove the *

If you have anymore questions or dont understand, let me know!!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited November 2012
    I tried that for the showing blog posts, but it doesn't seem to be working - I'll contact their support people.

Thank you so much for the link thingie - that will help.

@ Mojot89 - So I went back and did as you directed and presto! everything is now working properly, my featured image is even working. I believe I know what happened. Wordpress' computers have obviously teamed up with my computer to make me look stupid. Not exactly difficult to do... but that's what happened. I'm sure of it. :mrgreen:

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • mojot89mojot89 Posts: 10,040 Member
    edited November 2012
    hahaha! Well i'm glad it's now working for you! If you have any other questions, just let me know and i'll do my best to help!