This site will go into read-only mode on July 18th as the new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Sims get stuck in greeting card booth

I've sent my Sims in twice now to get a greeting card and both times my Sims are in there for hours and I end up having to reset them. Any ideas on how I can fix this? Thank you!!

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving to all of my fellow American simmers!! :D

Comments

• Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited November 2012
    Hmm, no idea, I haven't had that happen yet. I would teleport them out of the booth I think. Hope someone else can shed some light. Have you checked the stickied bug thread by Crinrict at the top of the forum?

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    rowanenrowanen Posts: 440
    edited November 2012
    I have only used the booth once and waited a hole day, till my sim walked out with her greeting card. hopefully this will get fixed
  • Options
    TebowTebow Posts: 93 Member
    edited November 2012
    My photo booth is ok, but my face painting cubicle hangs. I had to reset my Sim to get him out, now it seems his face is perma painted o.0

And thanks, Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.
  • Options
    MychuckyboyMychuckyboy Posts: 605 Member
    edited November 2012
    My face painting booth and my greeting card booth are both the same thing. I hope they get it fixed eventually, greeting cards are such a neat idea and it sucks that it takes all day just to get one picture, or your face painted.
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,179 Member
    edited November 2012
    i have found my sims get stuck in the booths if i send them to do face painting or have a photo outside the hours that the food stalls are open .

There is a time the food stalls are open if you hover your mouse over them and outside of those hours my sims always get stuck in the booths .

I also found after building a festival lot myself with toilet cubicles on it that i cannot direct my sims to use them outside the food booth hours the walls and roof stay in place and i cannot click inside the cubicles to make sims use the toilets .

Maybe it is Ea's way of saying the lot is closed
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,103 Member
    edited December 2012
    Samething is happening to me as well.I know this is a month old thread.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    edited December 2012
    It happens to me too. I think I've found a "cure" for it though. First send your sim to the face painting tent. They will be in there for like 2 sim hours. When the sim is getting their face painted I look at it like with the Sims 2 when you load up the change appearance, the game has to shuffle through all the stuff in the catalog. This is what's happening in the tent, and since the game is an open world all those NPC sims are doing their own thing which the game has to process. It also has to process the request for the face paint. It takes a while.

After the two to two and a half hours your sim will come out. Then send them to the photo tent. That should happen really quick. My sim went in and came out in under 10 sim minutes. Hope this helps someone!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,103 Member
    edited February 2013
    It happens to me too. I think I've found a "cure" for it though. First send your sim to the face painting tent. They will be in there for like 2 sim hours. When the sim is getting their face painted I look at it like with the Sims 2 when you load up the change appearance, the game has to shuffle through all the stuff in the catalog. This is what's happening in the tent, and since the game is an open world all those NPC sims are doing their own thing which the game has to process. It also has to process the request for the face paint. It takes a while.

After the two to two and a half hours your sim will come out. Then send them to the photo tent. That should happen really quick. My sim went in and came out in under 10 sim minutes. Hope this helps someone!

No luck.My sim has been in there 12 hours.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,447 Member
    edited February 2013
    This problem you are seeing started up with the last patch. The reason I know is this, I was playing before and they could use it just fine. I quit playing to take care of a few things. A few hours later I started up my game only to find a new patch to be down loaded. I did it, and then went straight into my game. I then tried to used the greeting card booth and my sims were stuck in it. I too had to use the resetSim cheat to get them out.
  • Options
    xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    edited May 2013
    :( There's still no fix for this right? I feel bad whenever my Sims have this want cause fulfilling it wouldn't accomplish much.
  • Options
    beckyh101beckyh101 Posts: 147 Member
    edited May 2013
    As soon as my sims walk in I pause the game for a couple of mins (normally start messing about on my phone to pass time) then un pause the game and they normally come straight out. I think it does have something to do with loading all the CAS things for the face painting. Usually if they still haven't popped back out i'll pause it again for a bit. This usually works for me on both face painting and the photo booth.
  • Options
    Lauravalerie1902Lauravalerie1902 Posts: 260 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I dont know whether this would work I haven't tried, but maybe build and buy mode the park and delete the tent and get a new one?
  • Options
    btwest1966btwest1966 Posts: 17 New Member
    edited December 2013
    I think I've got it now. The photo booth is really, REALLY comfortable. It's hot outside, or maybe snowing, and the photo booth is just awesome to our sims. It is so awesome that it's worth staying in there all day. Your sim is just relaxing for hours and hours. Don't get upset. They're just chilling out in a fantastic, super awesome, royally comfortable photo booth.