Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Building help needed!

Hello everyone!

I'm making a modern, large strip mall that is two stories (be sure to look for it soon!)

and I was wondering if there is a possibility on making a ceiling window? I'm fine with using cheats, but if downloading mods is a must..I'll do it.

and my last issue, is there a way to add the "Half-wall parts" of a modern roof?
I did a horrible job at explaining it but here is a photo from The Sims 2

forks01.jpg

Is there also a way to do this in The Sims 3?

thanks so much! :mrgreen::)

Comments

• Options
    steph_444444steph_444444 Posts: 1,875 Member
    edited November 2012
    By ceiling window, I assume you mean skylight? If so, the only way to do that is to delete a few roof tiles and use some of the flat fences to act like a frame for the window. As for that half walls, you could use the actual half walls, or you could use the cheat "placefriezes on" to add a foundation on top (make sure you're not in the foundation menu while typing in the cheat.)
  • Options
    NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
    edited November 2012
    By ceiling window, I assume you mean skylight? If so, the only way to do that is to delete a few roof tiles and use some of the flat fences to act like a frame for the window. As for that half walls, you could use the actual half walls, or you could use the cheat "placefriezes on" to add a foundation on top (make sure you're not in the foundation menu while typing in the cheat.)

Thanks so much Steph! :mrgreen: I feel so silly, but thank you so so so much for giving me a solution. I've been trying to figure this out for awhile. this will help me with my mall a ton, and I'm sure to add some credit ;)x
  • Options
    Aleisha18Aleisha18 Posts: 596 Member
    edited November 2012
    Noogster wrote:

forks01.jpg

Is there also a way to do this in The Sims 3?

thanks so much! :mrgreen::)

It is definately possible but does need tweaking to make it work. I was actually requested to make this house about 2 months or so ago, here is the final product if you are interested.

Hoke House

Screenshot-306a.png
  • Options
    SELIMS123SELIMS123 Posts: 69 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Utilizing framed hollow squares is a great idea as a substitute for skylight but what cha gonna do when you install your seasons pack? I heard seasons EP had that item.
  • Options
    NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
    edited November 2012
    I'll be sure to check that out Aleisha! :)

And SELIM, I suppose I may have to post-pone it, due to this and also from a great big portion of an error I've been having on updating my game.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/604164.page