Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mod question - Resource.ctg file (Fixed)

I'm new to PC gaming. I've been using a Macbook but it's just not handling my games anymore so I broke down and got a PC. With a Mac, I was able to just drag and drop the mods into the folder and bam, good to go.

I don't really understand the Resource.ctg file. I've got it saved per the instructions, but it's still not working. I've google searched and forum searched and I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. I went through Nraas 'how to install' step by step.

Do I need to open the Resource file in notepad and make any changes? I saw one source that said yay. Something about including game version, but was a little vague regarding what exactly needed to be included, and where in the file.

With the saved ctg file as is, my game will load the town and immediately freeze before crashing to desktop. I'm definitely missing something.

I've been seeing posts about Overwatch cleaning out hundreds of cars. I'd like to get it installed.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

EDIT: Found someone who could help :)
"This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin

Comments

• HsinclairHsinclair Posts: 1 New Member
    What file does the resource ctg goes in
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2019
    Hsinclair wrote: »
    What file does the resource ctg goes in
    Hi there. It's Resource.cfg (not ctg).

In order to work with package based content in TS3, which includes mods and some forms of CC, the Framework is required to be setup or downloaded and placed into your TS3 user game folder in Documents. Here is the easiest way to do that, the Resource.cfg and two sample mods for testing the setup are included in the download.
    https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Considering Igazor answered your question pretty promptly and the fact this thread has been inactive since 2012 I'm going to go ahead and close it off. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top