The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why won't my sim get pregnant?

I have two sims that are family oriented and they both have fertility treatment and for some reason she won't get pregnant. I had them woohoo like 20 times and she just wouldn't get pregnant. Can sims be infertile?

Comments

• CryptonCrypton Posts: 224 New Member
    edited June 2009
    That is a good question - I can only assume that since there is fertility treatment that they can possibly be infertile, but it could be a bug??

Try waiting a few days and try again. I have not had that problem, actually quite the opposite, I was just messing around with a couple gals I was friends with and chose Try for Baby just for kicks, now I have a few kids running around that are not part of my household!
  • claymeganpruittclaymeganpruitt Posts: 1,788 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Do Try for Baby, not WooHoo
  • Vietgirl_xoxoVietgirl_xoxo Posts: 7,142 Member
    edited June 2009
    if you do the action alot, the sim will REFUSE to do it with you.
    Wait alittle while like a couple days then do it again.
  • mzpink98mzpink98 Posts: 555 Member
    edited June 2009
    I did have them try for baby like 20 times, I just called it the wrong thing on here sorry. Thanks I will wait a day or two and see if that helps.
  • SlyBootsSlyBoots Posts: 559 Member
    edited June 2009
    How do they get fertility treatment?
  • inkheart27inkheart27 Posts: 51 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Fertility treatment is a lifetime award-it's one of the tabs says how many points you have and what type of awards you can get.
  • CryptonCrypton Posts: 224 New Member
    edited June 2009
    SlyBoots wrote:
    How do they get fertility treatment?
    Lifetime REward points, it is in that section as you need to purchase with your points you aquitre ingame.
  • FamesimFamesim Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Its not going to work I had my couple try for a baby from adult to elder and my wife never got pregnant I just cheated on my wife(bad)and had twins:)
    edited June 2009
    Famesim wrote:
    Its not going to work I had my couple try for a baby from adult to elder and my wife never got pregnant I just cheated on my wife(bad)and had twins:)

Lol. The wife already cheated once and got caught. I don't want ot put the husband through that again...the funniest part is he got over it in 24 sim hours! Maybe they'll just adopt.
  • FamesimFamesim Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    lol yea thats what I did after my wife turned into an elder, I thought I was the only one who had this problem.
    edited June 2009
    Nevermind. It was just a glitch. For some reason I still had the option to try for baby and the music didn't play, but she ended up having triplets! Of course that was only after they divoriced and the husband knocked his boss up. They are back together now though.
  • LovelytoesLovelytoes Posts: 789 New Member
    edited June 2009
    This happened to me.
    The jingles just don't work.
    No jingles but she had twins, three times. xD
  • XXXDanxxxXXXDanxxx Posts: 14
    edited August 2010
    Ughhh do u fink sims 3 has messed up some games?? by the jingles not being heard?? but my sims have tried for a baby like 200 times by now and after every try it still says try for a baby usually when i try for a baby BOOM i have a baby lik that but now it dont???? help me plz
  • Hotty5009Hotty5009 Posts: 3,895 Member
    edited August 2010
    XXXDanxxx wrote:
    Ughhh do u fink sims 3 has messed up some games?? by the jingles not being heard?? but my sims have tried for a baby like 200 times by now and after every try it still says try for a baby usually when i try for a baby BOOM i have a baby lik that but now it dont???? help me plz

Hi & welcome to the forums.
  • aleneghan619aleneghan619 Posts: 4,947 Member
    edited August 2010
    Welcome to the forums
    tumblr_inline_movqnq54lT1qz4rgp.gif

• CouriervaughanCouriervaughan Posts: 20,570 Member
    edited August 2010
    This is old thread
  • Summerblossom826Summerblossom826 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I have two couples in my household. They both had first children and then I tried to make them both have children again. I put the first couple to "try for baby" and the music wouldn't go. so I tried like... 10 times. I even tried to do it in different places like the tree house but it wouldn't work. I then did the other couple and they got the music after the first try. *** >.<

this is ******* me off, I had plans for the 2 children and now one of the girls are pregnant and the other is not
  • auntmadi4438auntmadi4438 Posts: 251 Member
    edited August 2013
    I have the same prolem usually as soon as I try BOOm she's prego but I've tried about 20 times WITH fertility treatment it must be a bug cause she was pregnant before.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,466 Member
    edited August 2013
    How old are your Sims? Females getting too close to being elderly cannot conceive. Also, sometimes the bed/bath or other means to woo hoo can be bugged. Try switching these objects out and try again. Is your household full?

Try for Baby doesn't always result in a baby. I'm not entirely certain of the percentage of possibility, but it's not 100%.

Good luck, and I hope I've helped.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • mike_nevesmike_neves Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    Hey guys, turn on "enable aging and "enable story progression" it worked right after i tried it and now my sim is gonna have a baby!! Hope this helped! :wink: I had the same problem. The jingle comes back.
  • AbigailJolieeAbigailJoliee Posts: 1 New Member
    It is possible that one of your files for CC is corrupted or more! To fix this you must delete the following files,
    .PNG
    .JPG
    .JPEG
    .GIF
    .PSD
    README.TXT

If you have files in the mods file then you must move all of the files from the file and put it in mods then delete that whole section of files.
    Hope this solved it! <3
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    Cooldown period maybe?
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    Guys, check the date of the original post. This is super old and is necroposting. Just something to be mindful of. :smile:
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    @AbigailJoliee ... Welcome Aboard!
    Here's a link to the Welcome Thread ... https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/802194/new-members-club-come-on-in/p1

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I'm going to sneak in here hopefully before the thread gets locked up just to say that if there are any players out there who have been Trying for Baby since June 2009 and are still doing so with the same sims, they deserve all the babies they want by now. And perhaps a medal. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top