Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims keeps getting phonecalls asking to go on dates? D:

2...Next

Comments

• AldermanTomAldermanTom Posts: 499 Member
    edited January 2013
    My two sims got married and invited several friends. Within 5 minutes of returning from the wedding ceremony, both of the newlyweds received date requests from their friends that had just attended the ceremony.

Wow.
  • KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited January 2013
    rachrn83 wrote:
    You just have to be good friends with a sim to get the letters and phone calls. I get probably 20 times a sim day, every call on my cell is a date request it's the most annoying thing. I like the addition of it in the Seasons exp pack, but it's out of control. Once I turn down a sim that should end all calls from that sim but it doesn't it's never ending.

My Sims get calls from people they've barely met. They aren't good friends at all. I agree it's way out of control.
  • Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hotty5009 wrote:
    LishaFTW wrote:
    Has anyone else had this problem? I play a couple that are "Eternally Faithful" to each other but at least twice a day, they will get a phonecall from various Sims asking if either the husband or the wife would like to go on a date. I'd also like to note that quite a few of these sims are MARRIED. D:

My Sims haven't tried out the online dating thing either, so it's creepy that they keep getting phonecalls and love letters from these sims. I don't mind the letters because I sell the stuff they send, but the phonecalls interrupt my gameplay. :evil:

Yeah, I know what you mean..hopefully EA will add a patch so that we can make a disable the attraction feature or whatever is causing Sims to constantly call for dates off.

I for my part wouldn´t want to completely switch the attraction system off.
    But I definitely would want a third option as answer to the question
    "Do you want to gon on a date with me"
    Aside from "Yes" and "No", I would want the option "No ... and don´t ask again"

Either this, or a mechanism that someone attracted to my sim stops asking (and sending loveletters) after I have answered his/her date requests three times with "No".

Shouldn´t be too much work to program in, I think

(aside from the annoying calls I have to admit that it also has its advantages ... my sim family always gets so many decorations via mail, that I don´t have to spend a single simopleon on it :D )
  • Jacek83218Jacek83218 Posts: 603 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Anybody has phonecalls from the same gender sims when their sims have opposite gender love interests? The game doesn't seem to notice that.

EDIT I've tried online dating now. Most of the messages for my sim came from married or at least having love interest men and women.

EA fix this!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • WaxingCrescent05WaxingCrescent05 Posts: 577 Member
    edited January 2013
    Well then maybe you need to have them become hermits and stop socializing. Are you flirty with other Sims? Do they have the Flirty trait? If a Sim has the flirty trait there's a strong chance they'll flirt autonomously.
    Follow my Simblr at FauntleroySims, or my Twitter @fauntleroysims! I'm kind of a noob to social media rn XD
    Origin ID: Eve0053
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit - Intel Core i7-6700K 4GHz (8 CPUs) - 16GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Dedicated VRAM - Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited January 2013
    Thank goodness for mods. This out-of-control attraction system would have been a game breaker for me, if it hadn't been for this mod at MTS:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=492102

There are several variations offered, so you are not limited to only one kind of fix. This mod really tones down the attraction system, without shutting it off completely. Nice. It is also compatible with the current patch.
    edited January 2013
    Seems like you don´t need a mod if you just want to stop the annoying date calls ...
    seems like an online dating profile is automatically created for all of your sims ...
    remove it and you don´t get pestered by calls anymore.
    I tried it in my game and it works ... the Sims I took from this online dating site don´t get pestered with dating calls anymore (although they still receive love letters and presents via mail)
  • VenusaraVenusara Posts: 132 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Well then maybe you need to have them become hermits and stop socializing. Are you flirty with other Sims? Do they have the Flirty trait? If a Sim has the flirty trait there's a strong chance they'll flirt autonomously.

My 2 engaged Sims have not flirted at all with anybody else since I have controlled them at all times since creation :lol: but they still get many phone calls and love letters each per day. Augh!! It's annoying because sometimes it will be at night and I like the opportunities so I will wake my Sim to get the phone and it will be some other Sim calling for a date at 2am, one that I have already turned down 10 times before :x
    I've never used mods, but I think now may be the time to start! Hope it's easy.
  • VenusaraVenusara Posts: 132 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Proteus42 wrote:
    Seems like you don´t need a mod if you just want to stop the annoying date calls ...
    seems like an online dating profile is automatically created for all of your sims ...
    I tried it in my game and it works ... the Sims I took from this online dating site don´t get pestered with dating calls anymore (although they still receive love letters and presents via mail)

I did this a week ago (a Sim week :) ) and they are both still getting calls!
    edited January 2013
    Proteus42 wrote:

There have been reports from several players that just removing your profile does NOT stop the calls or letters/presents. I understand that EA programmed the game to stop calls from coming after 3 refusals to the same Sim. However, I have never experienced the problems with this attraction system since I use a mod to control it. :)
  • LynarielaLynariela Posts: 3,297 Member
    edited January 2013
    Pamhamlet wrote:
    Thank goodness for mods. This out-of-control attraction system would have been a game breaker for me, if it hadn't been for this mod at MTS:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=492102

There are several variations offered, so you are not limited to only one kind of fix. This mod really tones down the attraction system, without shutting it off completely. Nice. It is also compatible with the current patch.

I actually have this mod in my game now (the variety version), and even tweaked it a teensy bit more to my preferences. It's great because, once you refuse an invite for a date from a sim on the phone, they stop asking! I still get love letters often enough, but it changes the required relationship that must exist in order to send the letter. If I made them not be friends anymore, they would theoretically stop altogether.

I love the concept of the attraction system, it was just a little too easy to have a whole town crush on your sim. I had a doctor do a free clinic, EVERY female who came by ended up attracted to him. It was obnoxious, all because he was in a good mood and had like one trait in common with them, lol.
    Twitter, Twitch, and Gallery ID - Lynariela
    edited January 2013
    I actually have this mod in my game now (the variety version), and even tweaked it a teensy bit more to my preferences. It's great because, once you refuse an invite for a date from a sim on the phone, they stop asking! I still get love letters often enough, but it changes the required relationship that must exist in order to send the letter. If I made them not be friends anymore, they would theoretically stop altogether.

I love the concept of the attraction system, it was just a little too easy to have a whole town crush on your sim. I had a doctor do a free clinic, EVERY female who came by ended up attracted to him. It was obnoxious, all because he was in a good mood and had like one trait in common with them, lol.

Silly, isn't it. Do you know I didn't even install the Seasons patch or EP until a mod came out that fixed this? I wasn't willing to live with a borked attraction system in my game for even ONE day until a fix was found. That's how seriously I took this problem. ;)
  • theninthhokagetheninthhokage Posts: 20
    edited January 2013
    I used to have the date calls and love letter problem too. Married sims calling for dates, and even married ELDERS asking my YOUNG adult sim for dates. Really EA? :evil: and the only way to solve it at this time is mods. I normally would never use mods but this poorly made attraction system made me do it.
    edited January 2013
    I have to agree bnow ...
    somehow removing the online dating profile doesn´t seem to work correctly ...
    they have reappeasred and my sims get pestered with dating calls again.

Seems like I will try the mod in the near future (hope it works with Twallans mods (like story progressions and the debug/overwatch mods)
  • LoofasaurusLoofasaurus Posts: 18
    edited January 2013
    I have the problem, too! :D The really creepy part is that it's the same guy, and my sim doesn't even know him! :shock:
  • venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited January 2013
    Going to try this mod out, thanks for posting the link :)

Sick of my Sims' IN LAWS asking them for dates. :roll: Ewww this is not Jerry Springer.
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    edited February 2013
    All in my sim family are in relationships, and they get phonecalls every minute asking for dates. My selfsim's husband gets calls from his stepson's wife...

We also get calls from people already visiting us in our house! And of course, they aren't on the phone when "they" call. The new attraction system is awful, and I hope it's just broken and that EA will fix it. Will you, EA?

Mods are great! But we shouldn't need to use third party mods to make our games enjoyable or for that matterplayable. :evil:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • AmyKatNyaAmyKatNya Posts: 116
    edited February 2013
    It's because my sim is fabulous :wink:

Haha, in all seriousness, yep, I have this problem! Usually my sim will be a young adult, married with kids and it'll be an old man asking her on a date :shock:

I wouldn't really mind if he was young and attractive :lol:

I hate how when you reject them they call again and again. Once, I'm not too bothered by, but goodness, know when people don't want to date you! And I wish they could make it so that married sims/ sims in relationships couldn't be asked out.
  • MeganshawMeganshaw Posts: 3 New Member
    I had this one family that had A LOT of Sims, I mean the main family had 10 kids, and there were a few aunts, uncles and cousins living in different houses. Once my oldest kid was a young adult, my uncle's wife kept asking him out. I wish they would all stop. I get date phonecalls every 5 minutes I play and it's so annoying and soooo many love letters.
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks this thread has actually been inactive for quite a while so I'm going to close it off. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top