Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims keeps getting phonecalls asking to go on dates? D:

Has anyone else had this problem? I play a couple that are "Eternally Faithful" to each other but at least twice a day, they will get a phonecall from various Sims asking if either the husband or the wife would like to go on a date. I'd also like to note that quite a few of these sims are MARRIED. D:

My Sims haven't tried out the online dating thing either, so it's creepy that they keep getting phonecalls and love letters from these sims. I don't mind the letters because I sell the stuff they send, but the phonecalls interrupt my gameplay. :evil:

Comments

• 30349800673034980067 Posts: 52
    edited November 2012
    Ya i am getting the samething... The phone calls the love letters and i would like to stop this but not sure how
  • LishaFTWLishaFTW Posts: 49 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I do, thank you for that!
  • FiveLeafClover7FiveLeafClover7 Posts: 309 Member
    edited November 2012
    Are they famous? My level 9 Singer got calls at least 50 times a day. I finally just stopped picking up the phone.
  • Mashimar0Mashimar0 Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2012
    this game teaches a valuable lesson, never give out your phone number/address to strangers online or you'll be stalked via phone or mail just like your sim! :lol:
    vyogg9rodtfcebiur2om.gif
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    edited November 2012
    My Sims have received a few of these just in today's game session. What disturbs me about them is when said letter comes from my Sims' sister-in-law. The wife of his wife's brother! :shock:

My singer Sim made the mistake of putting his profile online for some dating. Silly fool, LOL. He's since taken it down again, but is getting offers to date, nonetheless. Too bad for all these females, he's just gotten into a serious relationship with another female Sim. But, so far, it's fun. I just hit the x to cancel it.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • BerBearCBerBearC Posts: 20
    edited December 2012
    Is online dating added in Seasons? I don't have it yet, but my married sims are getting calls everyday for dates and it is very annoying. It was part of the last patch. Anyone figure out how to make it stop?
  • KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    edited December 2012
    It's annoying I got to say my Sim he works in the science career anyhow he just got Twins and his boss who is a female keeps calling him asking him to hang out >_> even if there was no message saying attraction was going on between them but no love letters yet
  • SimmySimianSimmySimian Posts: 357 Member
    edited December 2012
    might have more to do with the new Attraction system thingy, and not Seasons, because similar things are happening in my game and I don't have Seasons.
  • AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited December 2012
    my female sim "Tabbie" she's married and very happy I might add... men are always calling her day and night for a date and they are getting so bad now that they will let the phone ring until u decide to answer :( ...so I thought that was bad enough :roll: ....my male sim hubby ~vincent~ also get many calls from the ladies in the town..one day while looking at the stars his phone ring..rings..rings and then stop ..then my phone rings rings rings rings :( ~never stop~ :?: so I ANSWERED it and it was one of the ladies :shock: and she wanted to know if Vincent wanted to go on a date..... :shock: what?????? please please let this be a bug or glitch because I hope that sims are NOT that bold...calling the wife to ask the husband out on a date?? really :?: ...ONLY on the sims NEVER in real life!!!! :twisted: :evil:
  • xtinaxtina Posts: 413 Member
    edited December 2012
    I made two families and made the 2 brothers from one, and 2 sisters from the other marry each other, and they always get asked out on dates by their own brother/sister-in laws - it's gross! Haha :D
  • rachrn83rachrn83 Posts: 23 New Member
    edited January 2013
    You just have to be good friends with a sim to get the letters and phone calls. I get probably 20 times a sim day, every call on my cell is a date request it's the most annoying thing. I like the addition of it in the Seasons exp pack, but it's out of control. Once I turn down a sim that should end all calls from that sim but it doesn't it's never ending.
  • WolfauraWolfaura Posts: 615 Member
    edited January 2013
    My sim is a 4 star celeb actress. And she gets these asking for dates calls and letters all the time. I just ignore calls now.

But what is worse is married men asking her on dates and sending love letters. The same thing happens to her husband.

EA should fix this, so that they don't get asked by married sims and once your sim is married or in a relationship they should not recieve it anymore. Or at least an option to turn of dates and letters.
  • CorycatstarCorycatstar Posts: 10 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I have this problem, I have a married sims with 4 kids, and 2 grandparents living in my household, The 4 adults get calls and letters constantly. For example the elder grandmother will get calls from young adults and married sims. This is totally annoying. Anyone know how to stop it?
  • EndOfMyBootEndOfMyBoot Posts: 657 Member
    edited January 2013
    I have to agree the dating calls are very annoying. My current family ranges from 3-5 star celebrities and the calls come in round the clock. average calls per day between them all is roughly 20. being a family of 5 sims its rather difficult to prevent them from answering the phone, and the with the number of calls per day its supper irritating to have to say no to the same caller regularly. one would think they would get the point after being refused 40 times in a week
  • dimp10dimp10 Posts: 148 Member
    edited January 2013
    adventfear wrote:

Thank you so much for that! My sims don't even own a computer and they are getting calls all the time!
    Nox.
    tumblr_m7q3sarQX11rxf32jo2_500.gif
    Nox.
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    edited January 2013
    Gah! I know. This is super annoying!
    giphy.gif

• Hotty5009Hotty5009 Posts: 3,895 Member
    edited January 2013
    LishaFTW wrote:
    Has anyone else had this problem? I play a couple that are "Eternally Faithful" to each other but at least twice a day, they will get a phonecall from various Sims asking if either the husband or the wife would like to go on a date. I'd also like to note that quite a few of these sims are MARRIED. D:

My Sims haven't tried out the online dating thing either, so it's creepy that they keep getting phonecalls and love letters from these sims. I don't mind the letters because I sell the stuff they send, but the phonecalls interrupt my gameplay. :evil:

Yeah, I know what you mean..hopefully EA will add a patch so that we can make a disable the attraction feature or whatever is causing Sims to constantly call for dates off.
  • krparanormalkrparanormal Posts: 29
    edited January 2013
    My sim is a social butterfly, what can I say? xD
  • KurokuLeeKurokuLee Posts: 155 Member
    edited January 2013
    My sims are inundated with calls for dates all the time. They just have to interact with a sim they are attracted to then after that it's love letters and date requests, no dating profile needed!

So now Alexander, my sim, is being called a few times a day by a top level celebrity asking for dates!

I feel the attract system should be more selective. It's like every sim they talk to gives the attractive moodlet once they introduce themselves... :S Alexander has women and men chasing him lol. Maybe he is just that attractive! :lol:
  • powerhousepowerhouse Posts: 931 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Yeah its really annoying they should only gets asked on dates if they are romantically involved . my GF never asked me to go on dates but her sister does who im not even friends with . surely somethings are off limitless . and my maid asked me out for a date after i sacked her lol
  • KurokuLeeKurokuLee Posts: 155 Member
    edited January 2013
    The last burgler that came to my Sims house was attracted to one of my sims and is asking for dates... :lol:
  • KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited January 2013
    I agree this needs quite a bit of tweaking. I know some think that every married person out there cheats, but that's not true. Every person in the online dating profile has been married or in a relationship so far. And they constantly call. Even those my Sims meet out and about call and want to go out without any effort on my Sim's part.

Also, why can't our Sims send love letters to their spouse? I think that would be so sweet for some of my couples.
  • JulesStPierreJulesStPierre Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    I've had this problem before expansion packs. Married sims calling my married sims for dates. I find it a bit offensive. I mean, you can't murder sims (without mods) and a whole bunch of other things are dumbed down like crazy for rating levels, but you can be a big'o'cheating ***** all the game wants.

It makes me concerned that when I switch households that my former family with "eternal love" will start cheating around town as soon as I'm gone. Because I have received phone calls (and now with the EP love letters) from sims who I know I left with that state. Those sims shouldn't be looking for love.

It does sort of offend my ethics. I am an extremely open minded person and my point of view on life often falls in a giant grey area. But maritial fidelity is something I'm pretty firm on, and the game feels like it's completely in the opposite direction.

You know, I wouldn't even be as annoyed if it were only single sims asking my marry sim on a date. I think because the married sim is the passive one in the interaction. I think what really bugs me is when it is a married sim who calls. It's trouble enough to find the single sims in the game when you're trying to 'find love' for them. I just want to weed out the non-available.
  • RamsbeeRamsbee Posts: 115
    edited January 2013
    To bad you cant block other sims numbers who just wana call and ask you out lol, or disable love leters, oh sims answering machines would be funny XD! -you have 250 missed called.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top