Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

House Building Challenge-Winners Posted-See Page 1

Several people have replied back to tell me they will not make the deadline after all. An several others have not replied to me at all so I'm guessing they've forgot or are too busy to be any further part of the contest. Due to this I only had two entries one by yz2907 and the other by Dudsnz. I like both homes and have both in my game and I thank those two for entering.

1St Place Winner - yz2907 - 1000 Sim Points - yz2907 message me and let me know if you want anything in particular or if you'd like me to just send you stuff on your wish list.

2nd Place Winner - Dudsnz- 500 Sim Points - Dudsnz message me and let me know if you want anything in particular or if you'd like me to just send you stuff on your wish list.

Congratulations to both winners, your homes were lovely and very well built to suit my expectations. :-)

Comments

• Faith12368Faith12368 Posts: 2,997 Member
    edited November 2012
    Bookmarked and I will see if I can come with something to enter. :) Not too mention I am redoing Moonlight Falls and some of these I am sure would look great in there. :)
    Nice contest! :)
    Long live the new Doctor!
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited November 2012
    Looks interesting...

just so you know... you don't need to be friends to be able to gift...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    edited November 2012
    Faith12368 - Sounds good, but remember the Lot's have to be the sizes I've listed and I need to know what lot you may be interested in if you enter. :-)

anettesb - Thankyou for letting me know this as I was not aware. :-)
  • Faith12368Faith12368 Posts: 2,997 Member
    edited November 2012
    Faith12368 - Sounds good, but remember the Lot's have to be the sizes I've listed and I need to know what lot you may be interested in if you enter. :-)

anettesb - Thankyou for letting me know this as I was not aware. :-)

Got ya! :thumbup:

annette is a great helper, so if you need to know anything, I am sure she will let you know. She was awesome in the Flash Mob helping us out! :)
    Long live the new Doctor!
  • Rawr2019Rawr2019 Posts: 14,407 Member
    edited November 2012
    Hun do the homes need to be new?
  • agstahagstah Posts: 2,866 Member
    edited November 2012
    Just a small suggestion, but the way you have it set up now, only 10 people can enter. I think you should let multiple people enter for each lot and then you can pick the one you like best. Still have them choose which lot they want, but that doesn't mean that other people couldn't choose it too. Know what I mean? Or maybe you only want 10 entries to judge to make it easier?

I'm not a skilled builder at all, so I won't be entering, but I wish you luck with your contest. :)
    edited November 2012
    Rawr2019 - I answered your question on Rule 11 as I had not considered it before.

Rule 11. If you have a home that you have built already that reaches all the requirements that I listend then you can use that home.

- Just remember that sometimes homes not built for particular Lot's don't always sit right on all Lot's.

- Also remember to let me know which Lot you want to place your home on so I can list that Lot as taken so other Builders know.

agstah - I had not really thought of that, really I didn't think more then ten people would enter so I guess that's why I wrote it like so.

I mean I can change the wording so if more then ten people enter their Lot's will still be judged for first, second and third prize.
  • stormwenchstormwench Posts: 4,416 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I would really like to build one of these house especially since they are like ones we used to rent at the shore during the summers I was a child.

(EDITED: Thanks annettsb, I wanted to avoid bulldozing in SV, and was just goig to add a lot where it appeared the OP had )

I am still deciding on the lot given the size and unlevel ground that's causing cliffs when you level the lot, even though they previous had buildings on them. I will edit this when I decide which one to claim.

Edited: I will take 40X30 - 130 Redwood Drive if that is okay
  • agstahagstah Posts: 2,866 Member
    edited November 2012

agstah - I had not really thought of that, really I didn't think more then ten people would enter so I guess that's why I wrote it like so.

I mean I can change the wording so if more then ten people enter their Lot's will still be judged for first, second and third prize.

Hey, you never know. Some contests don't get many entries and some get a bunch. Might as well not limit it, was my thinking. Do whatever is best for you!
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited November 2012
    SW... right you can't make a new lot that are 30x40... but there ARE lots in the game that size... people can build on thoes.

Illyianna2005
    do you mind people using patterns they or other created in the program cap (or other program)? I'm not talking recolor, I'm talking new non EA made patterns
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    edited November 2012
    anettesb - Patterns are fine with me as long as you give credit if needed where credit is due.

- What do you mean you can't make new 30X40 Lot's? I have the option in my Lot's listing for 30X40, 40X30 Lot's.

SW - I'll put your name by that Lot, cant wait to see what you build. I also chose those locations feeling they would provide more of a challenge for people to build on. ;)
  • stormwenchstormwench Posts: 4,416 New Member
    edited November 2012
    agstah wrote:
    Just a small suggestion, but the way you have it set up now, only 10 people can enter. I think you should let multiple people enter for each lot and then you can pick the one you like best. Still have them choose which lot they want, but that doesn't mean that other people couldn't choose it too. Know what I mean? Or maybe you only want 10 entries to judge to make it easier?

I'm not a skilled builder at all, so I won't be entering, but I wish you luck with your contest. :)

The one problem I would see with this is that maybe both houses built for the same lot are ones she wants to use. I assume that even non winning lots maybe used to re-do SV. If more then one can select a lot - and some are better then others you could end up with half the entries on the same lot and none built for others.

I would think I better way to do it is if a lot of the lots get picked she could open up more lots, either by bulldozing existing houses or adding new lots. It might mean that if a person has picked a lot when there were only a couple left they may want to switch to a new one should they open up but that might be better then having a bunch of houses built for one lot while there are no houses built for other lots.
    edited November 2012
    I'll likely wait until there is at least one builder for each Lot before I take entries for more builders for the same Lot.I placed that in the rules in hopes what you mentioned can be avoided SW.
  • BUTTONSGINGERBUTTONSGINGER Posts: 5,702 Member
    edited November 2012
    A very nice idea for a challenge!

I will enjoy seeing all the wonderful builds :D
  • BujoGamer1971BujoGamer1971 Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited November 2012
    I really like your idea for this contest. I will try to build on 10.40X30 - 82 Ocean Vista. My real life sometimes goes haywire so no promises but will make every attempt to have it done by Christmas :)

Thank you for the link to the redone SV. I really like the way the creator added the city. I will use the actually world to build my home in. I like how the creator just added a landmass to expand the world instead of just moving things around. Wish someone would add more land to Sunlit Tides lol.

I have 9 page paper calling my name this weekend, its due tomorrow!, so will not get started on this till next week.
    edited November 2012
    Hey RheassiSim, thanks for the interest in my challenge and I'll go put your name next to that Lot. Most important thing is have fun with it. :-)
    edited November 2012
    Bump!
    edited November 2012
    Bump...
  • yz2907yz2907 Posts: 1,680 Member
    edited November 2012
    I'd love to enter. I'm going to build on #6 10 Sunset Point.
    edited November 2012
    Got you listed yz2907 and am excited to see the builds.
  • yz2907yz2907 Posts: 1,680 Member
    edited November 2012
    Username - yz2907
    Link - http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6666776
    Name - Cliffside Victorian
    Description - A beautiful four bedroom victorian with three full bathrooms, a pool, home theatre, alchemy room, small garden, wrap-around porch, and a widow's walk on the roof. It was built by a sailor for his is wife and five children. The mother would often look out at the sea from the roof top waiting for her husband to come home after long voyages.

screenshot_original12.jpg
    screenshot_original14.jpg
    screenshot_original8.jpg
    screenshot_original6.jpg
    screenshot_original13.jpg
  • DudsnzDudsnz Posts: 191 Member
    edited November 2012
    Great challenge Illyianna :)

Thanks for using my world.
    I noted just one thing with your lot numbering, your number 6 and number 10 are reversed - by which I mean the number 6 in the picture is the number 10 description and vice verca.
    Number 6 in the picuture is 82 Ocean Vista 40x30, and number 10 in the picture is 10 Sunset Point 40x40. Not a biggie really as they could both be swapped over since both have road access to the rear of the lot and views, (and thus the widows walk) out the other side.

If anyone would like the world it's now up on the exchange
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6664630

Good luck and happy simming!
    edited November 2012
    yz2907 - Your build looks beautiful, I'm currently getting it into my game now and then I'll place it. I'm excited that I'll get to play it for a bit, thanks for entering and making such a lovely build.

Dudsnz - Wow I would never have noticed that Dudsnz, so thankyou for letting me know, I've fixed it up. I've been playing your world steady the last, two days and am starting my 100 Baby Challenge in it. Want to be a baby daddy, lol. :-)
    edited November 2012
    Bump!
  • DudsnzDudsnz Posts: 191 Member
    edited November 2012
    Hi again,

I thought I might give it a go at creating a house,
    I will do the 30x25 at 100 Redwood Drive.
    Hopefully I can get the interior done as I normally spends weeks until I get it how I want it to look.