Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gifting-Contest Question

I want to have a contest and gift Sim Points to the winner because I have the Sims Points sitting and doing nothing. However when I try to gift them to someone it wants me to buy them all over again and tells me I can only gift to people in my country. Why does it matter if I have the points now to gift or if I buy them to gift? Can't I just gift the Sim Points I have already as I'm not going to use them? Also I live in Canada so if I can only gift to people in Canada then that defeats the purpose of the contest I want to run. I'm really annoyed at this as most of my friends are in the USA.

Comments

• Rawr2019Rawr2019 Posts: 14,407 Member
    edited November 2012
    Hun you can't gift points you have already purchased. You will have to buy them stuff from the store with the points you have. If you are gifted someone new points, they need to be in the same country as you.
  • Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    edited November 2012
    Ok, so I can still run my contest and gift the points but the winners can decide how they want to spend those points in the store. Then I can order for them what they want and gift them the items. May be a stupid question but I can gift store stuff to anyone, anywhere right? Sorry I've never done this before but I think I understand as I've done something similar before.
  • Rawr2019Rawr2019 Posts: 14,407 Member
    edited November 2012
    Ok, so I can still run my contest and gift the points but the winners can decide how they want to spend those points in the store. Then I can order for them what they want and gift them the items. May be a stupid question but I can gift store stuff to anyone, anywhere right? Sorry I've never done this before but I think I understand as I've done something similar before.

Yes you can gift anyone from anywhere. They can give you a link to there wishlist and you click gift and gift them their items :]

what are you doing for your contest? I've hosted a lot so don't mind helping should you need it.
  • Illyianna2005Illyianna2005 Posts: 895 Member
    edited November 2012
    Thankyou so much for your help I was so confused, I'm going to post the contest in a few moments now that I know how it all works so you can see.

Also I'd like to add you to friends if that be ok and thankyou, as I might need some help later on.
  • envira_xenvira_x Posts: 4,295 Member
    edited November 2012
    Rawr2019 wrote:
    what are you doing for your contest? I've hosted a lot so don't mind helping should you need it.

Awwww, Nik -- you're such a lovely little sweet-pea. :-)
  • TheKrazy_KimSimTheKrazy_KimSim Posts: 4,397 Member
    edited November 2012
    Hi lilyianna, welcome to the forums. LOL, Nik beat me to helping you (she is such a nice person :)), but I wanted to pop in and welcome you to the site. Can't wait to see your contest and gl with it.

* The Krazy_Kim Sim *