Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rhinoceros beetle in Sunlit Tides

I'm not really sure where to start this thread so I'm sorry if I put it in the wrong one. My child sim has to look for a Rhinoceros beetle for his after school activity (Scouting) and I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find it in Sunlit Tides? I've been looking for a while and nothing ever pops up on my map except for water beetles, light beetles and ladybugs.

Comments

• CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited November 2012
    I don't know if there is one in ST or not, but what I'd do in your situation is:

* edit a community lot where one is likely to spawn

* open the cheat window (hold shift and ctrl while pressing c)

* enter 'testingcheatsenabled true'

* open the cheat window again and type in 'buydebug'

* look in buy mode for the tab with a question mark (i think it's under categories, where things are sorted by function)

* There you should find all the plant spawners (and lot of other cool things), find the appropriate spawner and place it.

* Go back to playing the game, it might take a little while for it to spawn but it will. :D
  • MissLaraeMissLarae Posts: 215 Member
    edited November 2012
    Thank you for this trick! I will definitely use it next time. It finally showed on my map after about 5 sim days but unfortunately it's winter and the ground was completely covered with snow! I had to randomly click around on the ground till I got the option "catch" LOL
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited November 2012
    Ha ha! :lol: They must be very brave beetles.

I'm glad it worked. :D
  • LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited November 2012
    With those opportunities, you should be able to see locations of where the collectables can be found from Map view.
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin