Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

There is a more recent 1.42 Patch available for the game via Super Patcher.

Comments

• MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    edited November 2012
    mcruthie wrote:
    I would say the patch has included some fixes. Before, I would get alot of errors (from Errortrap mod). After the patch the errors were gone.

My game crashed at CAS though while I was selecting an everyday attire. I played for about 30 mins. It's not the fix that everyone is waiting for but it does help a little.
    Really? I started getting a lot of errors from ErrorTrap mod after I installed the patch. :P Every time I open the game I have at least one script error, and its always with some random imaginary friend(s). :?
    44444.gif
  • mcruthiemcruthie Posts: 83 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I was testing in Moonlight falls and the errors were all about the Moondial :-)

Also, during winter I noticed the stoves and refrigerators that used to be gray or dark brown would turn into black.. now this problem is gone too.

I do not use the launcher anymore when starting up the game.

Also, I tweaked some settings in the config file according to what was discussed in this forum -

http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=60107 .

I can read XML files but not this so please proceed with caution if you feel like trying this method out.

P.S. I am running on 16GB RAM, Early 2011 mbpro.
  • willowsomethingwillowsomething Posts: 27
    edited November 2012
    Well, nothing changed, as excepted.
    I mean, I WAS able to get into CAS and make at least two sims and save them, but in the middle of choosing formalwear for the second sim, the clothes glitched out and the sim's body turned black and then it crashed.

This is legitimately infuriating me. Everything was completely fine before and after update 1.42 and then I install Seasons, and now I can barely play. I emailed Customer Support over and over again with no answer and I waited two hours to live chat with a customer support rep and didn't even get through.

EA, get your crap together. Seriously.
  • rosidbonrosidbon Posts: 184 New Member
    edited November 2012
    mcruthie wrote:
    Hello there,

Can I please ask for those who have installed the patch what version you have now? Is it 1.42.130.019.0001? This info can be found in the info.plist file.

Macintosh HD > Applications > The Sims 3 > The Sims 3 > Contents > Info.plist

Hi, I just had a look at my version and it is ; 1.42.130.019.0002
    So I thought that there was an updated patch.
    Went to download it again and realised that the 01/02/03/04/etc.
    at the end of the string only refers to which part of the world you live in.
    USA gets 01
    Europe gets 02
    Asia gets 03
    And so on.
  • mcruthiemcruthie Posts: 83 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Thanks for the info!
  • BeckyyBeckyy Posts: 339 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Thank you for this!
  • RachelPeddersRachelPedders Posts: 42
    edited November 2012
    I updated my game via Super Patch and I have the updated version of XQuartz installed. I moved my save family to a fresh neighbourhood (Riverview) and my game still crashes after around 5 minutes of gameplay. This is disgusting. I can't believe how much money I've spent on these games. :x
  • extremeasaurextremeasaur Posts: 2,701 Member
    edited November 2012
    IS THIS PATCH WORKING FOR ANYBODY?!?!?!

I am about to waste and entire morning loading and testing and I need to know if anyone has actually had any REAL success with it?

Thanks.

PS : Not yelling at you, yelling up to the heavens - hoping someone up there hears us and strikes EA's offices here in Redwood City with a bolt of lightning to inspire them to fix this TODAY!!!!
    edited November 2012
    IS THIS PATCH WORKING FOR ANYBODY?!?!?!

I am about to waste and entire morning loading and testing and I need to know if anyone has actually had any REAL success with it?

Thanks.
    I can now play for an hour instead of 10-15 minutes at a time, so it's not a definite fix, but a noticeable improvement!
    edited November 2012
    Well, I've downloaded it and patched it. And now "I'm going in"

I will report back with a verdict.
  • firecrestgamblerfirecrestgambler Posts: 74
    edited November 2012
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/611221.page#9782319

Mac discussion on the main tech board. Lets make some noise and get our voices heard. We should not have to solve our tech problems ourselves.
    edited November 2012
    Well, I am back to report.

For the first time since I installed seasons I have been able to go into CAS with out crashing, and play for more than 5 minutes without crashing.

BUT...I have no non-EA CC or Mods installed. I am going to do this step by step.

I am installing the Green House now from the store and then I will run the game.

Then I will add Mods a few a time and test. Then I will start with the Non-EA CC - and again, only a few choice items at a time.

So far, the super-patch is showing improvement.
  • SS77SS77 Posts: 18 Member
    edited November 2012
    It's a slight improvement in that I was able to create a sim in CAS, but I didn't even chance putting her in new clothes. I moved her to an empty lot and got a decent outline of her house done in Build mode before the game wigged out (graphically), and I had to save and quit before it crashed. So, not a fix, but it's a start.
  • anejmanejm Posts: 17 Member
    edited November 2012
    I downloaded the super-patcher and updated my game, before I renamed my The Sims 3 folder to "The Sims 3 old" (so that my game would start as if it were installed for the first time) and then I installed Seasons. I'v just spent an hour in CAS, and my game is better than ever :) I haven't got any mods or CC installed at the moment, but I notice my game is a lot faster, although this might be because I renamed my folder, and started a new save. But so far this is working! I'm going to play some now, to see if there is any problems with the weather.
    edited November 2012
    Oh well, I played for an hour and then all the polygons started to turn florescent colors. When I tried to save, I got the Error Code 12.

You know what that means...pull the plug.

• ny_citygrl7ny_citygrl7 Posts: 4
    edited November 2012
    The Superpatch is an improvement and I was able to move my family into another town, and redecorate my home and save. As soon as I went to plan an outfit it crashed, but at least I was able to save before hand. I hope EA fixes this, I have spent so much money and time on the sims games since they came out.
    edited November 2012
    I can now report that the SUPER-PATCH does not help at all. The game is now frozen solid after 15 minutes of play.

NOT SATISFIED WITH EA and Sims.
  • NajionNajion Posts: 16 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Installed the superpatcher and my game is actually worse. it lags more. I tried it save and its been saving for the last 5mins. This sucks.
    edited November 2012
    Najion wrote:
    Installed the superpatcher and my game is actually worse. it lags more. I tried it save and its been saving for the last 5mins. This sucks.

Your game isn't saving...it's frozen.
    edited November 2012
    I got a spectacular graphical error in CAS - my Sim went black and white and crystallised. Wish I'd screen-grabbed that one.

Bah, I miss my game.
  • l8nytsimmerl8nytsimmer Posts: 1,528 New Member
    edited November 2012
    :( Wow, what a mess this is! I can understand about how competative the game business is, and having to release game on time, but there is just no excuse for sending a glitchy game to the stores, or making it available for download. I was incredibly excited about Seasons and have had it preordered, but still, my Origin launcher is saying the game hasn't been released. Maybe EA is holding some of them back to work on the bugs. I'm hoping that's the case. Sitting here reading about all the trouble everyone is having, is heartwrenching. I feel so sorry for all of you and really wish I could help, but I'm totally computer illiterate. When Seasons does become available on my Origin launcher, I may not even bother to download it. The way things are right now, with all the crashing, I don't see any point to having the expansion if it's just going to crash my game. I may just ask for my money back, and wait a while, to see if EA works out all the bugs. I've spent a ton of money on the base game and the various expansions, and also on store merchandise and for what? I've bought pretty close to a hundred, less complicated Casual Games for $6.99 a peiece, and those games are 100% playable! You would think the expensive game would be the more reliable, but that isn't the case. Personally, I think EA could beneffit from chatting with these smaller game companies, because the smaller companies have definitely got the better product! I'm really getting fed up with EA. Today I bought an item from the store, and I can't even download THAT! SimGuruNicodemus said I should try to download and install the item via the in-game shopping mode, but to do that I'dd have to install that 1.42 patch, that's been sitting on my launcher for some time now. I'm really afraid to do that because so many people are having problems with it, and I just started a new legacy family. I think I'm going to sit it out, and wait for some of these problems to get solved. Can I ask, is it only the Mac people who're having the crashing problems or are the PC users having trouble as well? I use a PC.
  • omgsanger101omgsanger101 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I downloaded the super patch and my game still doesn't work....im so mad.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited November 2012
    The way I see it the way Sims 3 is coded just like Sims 2 there will always be problems looking at all the complaints from the past and now. Sims 3 has more than one program within itself and EA must comb through it. EA went too fast on moving Sims 3 forward and not taking care of the bugs in the beginning. Mac users I feel you all got the short end of the stick. Hopefully you all will get your game running w/o crashing at all. I am a Windows user and I do not experience what you all are going through to get the game running with the exception of Sims 3 not quitting properly.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • trinijamaicanatrinijamaicana Posts: 15
    edited November 2012
    I'm sooo mad. Im a nurse and I need Sims for a stress reliever! I now have no stress reliver even if i unistall seasons now. I just wanna scream and go to sleep early.. AHHHH! I wish we can have a riot online against EA/Gamemakers. lol Nothing violent or bad but just a plea to PLEASE test the games on various Macs as well as PC before they are released!!! and also they should test the games with various combos of expansion packs installed. It called QA(Quality ASSURANCE)!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • JameshockettJameshockett Posts: 96 Member
    edited November 2012
    Beckyy wrote:
    I got a spectacular graphical error in CAS - my Sim went black and white and crystallised. Wish I'd screen-grabbed that one.

Bah, I miss my game.

GIRL, MINE DID THIS TOO!!!!!- I was like, what Kind of X-Men first Class Emma Frost Realness is the Sims serving me right now!? I'm not here for it to be completely honest. UGH.