Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to make pumpkin pie?

Hello everyone :)
I hope everyone is enjoying the new expansion pack, it is pretty awesome. I do have one problem though. I can't seem to make pumpkin pie. It is the fall season and I had my adult sim go to the fall festival to harvest some pumpkins. When she got home there was no option to make pumpkin pie. She has a level 7 Cooking skill btw. I went to the concession stands to see if I can buy the recipe book there, no recipe, went to the bookstore, no recipe, clicked on the fridge and selected serve breakfast/lunch/dinner/dessert and there is still no option to make it. If someone has figured out how, will you please share with me.
Thank you

Comments

• Options
    ShellbyFayShellbyFay Posts: 288 New Member
    edited November 2012
    ooh a Pumpkin Pie mystery..
  • Options
    NezImaniNezImani Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited November 2012
    Oh noes, I hope it's not a bug. I'm hoping by fall my cook simmie can make pumpkin pies :-/
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited November 2012
    Now I really want to eat some pumpkin pie...
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    Allct222Allct222 Posts: 610 Member
    edited November 2012
    On the Sims Vip, she says you can make Pumpkin pie when you have pumpkins in your inventory, so i assume the recipe unlocks once if you have a higher than 5 cooking skill and pumpkins in your inventory. If you do already have the pumpkins then maybe it is a bug? :?
  • Options
    Ozzie1985Ozzie1985 Posts: 418 Member
    edited November 2012
    Well I have 2 pumpkins in my inventory, maxed out cooking level and I went to see if I could buy the receipe and you cannot. I clicked on the pumpkin and the only option is to give gift and I click on the fridge under desserts and there is no option for pumpkin pie. I am wondering if this is a glitch?
  • Options
    Sbenja52Sbenja52 Posts: 139
    edited November 2012
    I'm having the same issue; no pumpkin pie recipe. In fact there are hardly any dessert recipes at all.
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited November 2012
    I think it's a bug. I also have the same problem.

I have reported this in crinrict's bug thread.
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    edited November 2012
    I think somebody said if they had level 5 cooking or higher before installing Seasons, they can't make it. But if they get to level 5 after installing Seasons, they can :)
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    heidi11576heidi11576 Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited November 2012
    Ozzie1985 wrote:
    Well I have 2 pumpkins in my inventory, maxed out cooking level and I went to see if I could buy the receipe and you cannot. I clicked on the pumpkin and the only option is to give gift and I click on the fridge under desserts and there is no option for pumpkin pie. I am wondering if this is a glitch?

where did you get the pumpkins from?
  • Options
    sugar_cookiessugar_cookies Posts: 1,308 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Try putting the pumpkins in the fridge. That's what I did and then noticed my sim can fix them. She only had level 3 or 5 cooking too.
  • Options
    Ashlee19852010Ashlee19852010 Posts: 10
    edited November 2012
    I had the same problem with my existing sim. She was maxed out of her cooking skill and could not cook the pumpkin pie. However, when I made another sim, and she's at cooking skill level 5 now, the option came up.
  • Options
    pandora4copandora4co Posts: 729 Member
    edited November 2012
    Sounds like a bug to me... I really hope this doesn't affect the LTW of my "learn every recipe" sim who's level 7 cooking right now....
  • Options
    heidi11576heidi11576 Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited November 2012
    ashlee? sugar? where did you get the pumpkins from?
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    edited November 2012
    heidi11576 wrote:

I think you can buy them at the supermarket, or look at the Fall Festival, I believe there's a pumpkin patch there :)
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    xVeexVee Posts: 2,061 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I cheated and had my genie summon it. :oops: Lol.
  • Options
    GabbryroseGabbryrose Posts: 839 Member
    edited November 2012
    MissyHissy wrote:
    heidi11576 wrote:

I think you can buy them at the supermarket, or look at the Fall Festival, I believe there's a pumpkin patch there :)

Yes, you can get them in both of these places. Incidentally, if you get one and carve it, each time you carve the pumpkin you will get 4 pumpkin seeds in your inventory to plant as well!
  • Options
    babbylegs1970babbylegs1970 Posts: 73 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Hello everyone :)
    I hope everyone is enjoying the new expansion pack, it is pretty awesome. I do have one problem though. I can't seem to make pumpkin pie. It is the fall season and I had my adult sim go to the fall festival to harvest some pumpkins. When she got home there was no option to make pumpkin pie. She has a level 7 Cooking skill btw. I went to the concession stands to see if I can buy the recipe book there, no recipe, went to the bookstore, no recipe, clicked on the fridge and selected serve breakfast/lunch/dinner/dessert and there is still no option to make it. If someone has figured out how, will you please share with me.
    Thank you

I am having Same Issue as well I'm thinking its the same bug that came with Pets with existing Sims who couldn't make Pet Treats I'm going to try and make a new Sim and see what happens. I'll let you all know what happens Getting into game now.
  • Options
    MATHIEUXMATHIEUX Posts: 30
    edited November 2012
    Yes, it get unlocked when you reach level five of cooking. I'm not sure if you need the pumpkin in your inventory, but I had one.
  • Options
    ndgirl2000ndgirl2000 Posts: 9
    edited January 2013
    i can't make pumpkin pie either and i got the sims3 plus seasons. i hope its not a bug.
  • Options
    KRae236KRae236 Posts: 58 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Mine learned watching TV and harvested the pumpkins at the festival.
  • Options
    zlatko804zlatko804 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I had the same problem. Your sim has to watch TV until he/she will learn pumpkin pie.
    P.S. : My English is not very well.
  • Options
    ndgirl2000ndgirl2000 Posts: 9
    edited January 2013
    I couldnt figure it out at first, but then i clicked on their fridge and there was an option it said desserts and in it was the option to make pumpkin pie. hope this helped.
  • Options
    LucyLuLu666SimLucyLuLu666Sim Posts: 35
    edited April 2013
    You can't buy the recipe.
    I had recently learned the recipe for cookies, I was level 5 cooking skill, and BOOM, there you go, I had the option to make pumpkin pie. I did have some pumpkins in my inventory, though...
  • Options
    Lemonshi97Lemonshi97 Posts: 1 New Member
    Its not a glitch. What i did; i maxed out my sims homestyle cooking AND gourmet cooking, i have an over sized pumkin in my sims inventory and i clicked on the fridge, clicked COOK and i scrolled all the way down till i saw pumpkin pie. You also need othter ingredients for it too

•flour or sugar
    •egg
    •any pumpkin

Get one of each of these and your able to make a pumpkin pie
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2021
    @Lemonshi97 - None of those actions or extra ingredients exist in Sims 3 (except mods can allow for the ingredients). This is not the Sims 4 section of the forum and this thread is from 2012 when pumpkins just got introduced to TS3 with its Seasons EP and players were having difficulties working the recipe into their already ongoing games at the time. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top