Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How much do I have to play with the IF doll as a toddler?

My toddler got an imaginary friend doll, but she didn't play with it much. I mean, she got the first message, "Blah blah has taken a liking to her doll! If you play with it more, etc." but never reached the level where it's like, "They are really close, and will probably be close for the rest of their lives" or whatever the second message was. Then she grew up, and she keeps playing with the doll, and I see the pluses that indicate their relationship is improving.

Does that mean that the doll will eventually become an Imaginary Friend if she plays with it enough as a kid? Or did I mess up my chances by not letting her play with it as much as a toddler?

Comments

• Options
    IzabelliIzabelli Posts: 1,422 Member
    edited November 2012
    Have you tried placing the imaginary friend on the ground? Doesn't it come alive? I let my toddlers play with them as much as they want but I never make them play. My IFs always come alive when the kids grow up. I don't think you messed up your chances. If you place it on the ground and it doesn't start moving, try to interact with it more. :)
  • Options
    wayusawayusa Posts: 300
    edited November 2012
    Is it still in the kids inventory? Have you tried placing it in front of your kid? It should transform into an imaginary friend.
  • Options
    trollnexustrollnexus Posts: 508 Member
    edited November 2012
    Alright, thanks, you two! I'll try it and see what happens :)