Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sister Love - A Small Victorian by Kimwriter75

Sister Love

SisterLove.png

This small Victorian is named after the woman who owned it first. With 2 bedrooms, 2 full baths, cozy living area, study, quaint kitchen, breakfast nook, and a mysterious shed out back to discover the secrets that lie within. Nice place to live...if you dare. No third party custom content.

Screenshot-95.jpg

Screenshot-97.jpg

Screenshot-99.jpg

Screenshot-129.jpg

Download here.

This one was way out of my comfort zone. It was made for a challenge at TSS, October Fantasy Challenge. The goal was to make a Supernatural Home. I have a story that I will put in the second post that explains the home a lot better.

:D Thanks for viewing!
Imagination > Knowledge

Comments

• kimwriter75kimwriter75 Posts: 1,837 Member
    edited November 2012
    Bee.jpg

The picture in the paper was in black and white. I did not expect a man to reside alone in a pink Victorian. Mr. Hemming was waiting for me on the front porch as I arrived. I've heard the house is quite old and has been a fixture in Moonlight Falls, of course, that is about all I've heard, being new to town. Well, that's not true either. Some people are skeptical of Mr. Hemming. They state he is a nice man who keeps to himself. Isn't that the prerequisite for serial killers?

Screenshot-91.jpg

As I stand here taking it all in, I feel eyes upon me and look over to catch the gaze of Mr. Hemming. Quickly, I don a smile and approach.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Hemming. My name is Lucy, Lucy Zachery."

"Hello Lucy. Please, call me Albert. So, you're interested in moving in?"

His smile did not brighten his eyes, instead, his gaze was hollow and monotone. Should I consider that a red flag?

Screenshot-90.jpg

"Of course!" I say and laugh, trying not to sound nervous. Usually I do not indulge in the heresay of others, but I cannot deny the weird vibes. Still, I need a place to live and the rent is cheap. I was also promised a room besides my bedroom to set up my alchemy set in. Not to mention, he said he is fine with my cat. No one else in Moonlight Falls is offering that.

"Great! Welcome to Sister Love! How about a tour?" He gestures for me to follow.
    Quickly I ask him why the house is called Sister Love. Again, he motions for me to follow.

Screenshot-92.jpg

"This is Sister Love, my beloved sister who owned the house first. She was a respected teacher in Moonlight Falls, many, many years ago. The principle of the school took a liking to her, and named the home after her. Upon completion of the build, he suffered a heart attack. He left her everything he owned, including the house. His wife was not as pleased. Rumors said they must have had an affair, but Sister Love was a saint among women. She was a giver. She let me come live with her when I was just starting out as a bee keeper. Her generosity has always been misinterpreted in the community. Enough about her for now. Let me show you the rest."

"What's that?" I ask and point to a small building.

"That is my shed. I keep my beekeeping supplies there. No need to enter it...ever." He said very sternly.

Screenshot-93.jpg

This just keeps getting weirder, I said to myself. We arrive at the front door and he beckons me inside. The interior of the house is quite charming and cozy. Very eclectic. He tells me that everything is as Sister Love left it.

Screenshot-94.jpg

The entry way has a place for my broomstick.

Screenshot-96.jpg

No television in the living area, but it does have a Victrola.

Screenshot-95.jpg

And a nice fireplace.

Screenshot-97.jpg

No computer in the study where Mr. Hemming, Albert, takes care of his Bee profits.

Screenshot-98.jpg

Cozy dining for four.

Screenshot-99.jpg

What a kitchen!

Screenshot-100.jpg

Just the right mix of past and present.

Screenshot-101.jpg

The breakfast nook is light and airy.

Screenshot-102.jpg

Quaint little powder room.

Screenshot-103.jpg

Outside is a cute patio where Sister Love kept some plants.

Screenshot-104.jpg

Upstairs hallway which houses live - in maid.

Screenshot-105.jpg

First full bathroom with a shower.

Screenshot-106.jpg

Second full bath with a tub.

Screenshot-107.jpg

Mr. Hemming's curious bedroom.

Screenshot-108.jpg

What is in that jar?

Screenshot-109.jpg

More hallway.

Screenshot-110.jpg

Sister Love's bedroom.

Screenshot-111.jpg

Ready for me and my cat.

Screenshot-112.jpg

The alchemy room.

"What do you think, " he asks.

"It's quite lovely. Yes, I'd love to move in."

"Great. Rent is due the first of the month. Let me go over a few ground rules. The shed is off limits. When I am in my office with clients, I am not to be disturbed. And lastly, on full moons I am not to be bothered."

His face went even more hollow with the last statement. We shook hands and I turned to leave. Melba was at the motel as were my things. I was ready to get settled in and have a nice hot bath.

Screenshot-113.jpg

The following weeks went smooth. I joined the alchemist career, and Melba, well being a cat, she did her cat things. She was surprisingly fond of Albert's dog, Dexter.

Screenshot-114.jpg

One evening, I spied a client to arrive.

Screenshot-115.jpg

My curiosity got the best of me and I watched through the window to the office. Later, I watched as they went to Albert's shed. It grew later and later, so I went to bed.

A few days later, I was reading in the paper when the picture of the man I saw with Albert was in there and 'missing' was the headline. That red flag feeling crept up once again. I looked on and noticed the paper had three other people listed as missing. Was Albert up to something?

Not knowing what to do next, I took a walk around the yards. I stumbled upon Sister Love's grave and sat for hours, talking to her headstone. If anyone, it seemed to me that she'd know the answers to the mysteries of this house and the shed. After much brooding, I felt something cold...like a breeze. I awoke from my daze to discover it was night. Even more outrageous, Sister Love was standing above me. At first, I was startled. Then she offered a comforting hand and I stood up to speak with her.

Screenshot-116.jpg

"Albert isn't what he seems, " she said. "Or maybe he is, but much more than you can imagine. Have you seen him on a full moon?"

"No, I have not. Part of our roommate agreement, I am to leave him be."

"Where is Albert now?"

"I am not sure, but his truck is gone."

"Follow me. There is something you must see."

Screenshot-117.jpg

She took me into the shed, pointed to a bookcase and instructed me to pull out War and Peace. As I did that, the bookcase slid to the side revealing stairs. My stomach was in knots as we descended down. I found a light switch and........

Screenshot-118.jpg

Screenshot-119.jpg

I was in disbelieve! Panic struck me with what I saw. Next thing I know, Sister Love tells me to run. Albert is home.

Sister Love came with me to my room. We were both in shock and trying to control our breathing. Not being able to control my shaking, I start to cry. Those poor people. What is Albert doing? What can I do to save them. I tried to collect myself. Sister Love motioned for me to sit next to her.

Screenshot-120.jpg

"Lucy, Albert is not the monster you are imagining right now. He was, is, a sweet boy. Always has been, but very misunderstood. You have to understand, he was bullied his entire childhood."

"Not a monster, " I interrupted. "Tell that to the people in the shed!" What is he doing? How can I help them? I should call the police!"

"Lucy, NO!" The police in Moonlight Falls is not what you expect either. You are a witch, no?"

"Um, well, sorta. " I have been practicing only for a short while. But what does Sister Love think my abilities can do in this situation?

"Listen to me now and keep an open mind. Albert is a werewolf. He has wanted to prove himself for a very long time. I think he has bitten those people and intends on making them his pact. There is a full moon in 4 days. Do you think you can come up with an elixir by then for each person? One that will erase this tragedy? "

Screenshot-122.jpg

Immediately, I got to work researching. By daylight, my eyes were beginning to bleed. "I must keep going," I told myself. After much research, I learned the recipe. Now to gather ingredients.

I hit the Elixir store first. They didn't have everything I needed. Where was I going to find the ingredients needed? I searched everywhere. The hours were passing and soon the days would too. I found ingredients, but not enough for all. Then I learned they had to become werewolves before I could give the elixir. With no sleep and all this weight upon me, I began to feel I was failing. I wanted to cry and to give up.

Screenshot-124.jpg

The night of the full moon was upon us. With one elixir short, I felt shot down. I have failed, I told myself. That afternoon, I slept. For the first time in days.

Screenshot-123.jpg

I awoke to howling. The sun went down and the full moon was up. Quickly I headed to the source.

Screenshot-125.jpg

Too late. The transformations were complete. Albert had his pact. I raced forward, hoping to...hoping to...

Screenshot-126.jpg

Albert has me now. He was too quick.

Screenshot-127.jpg

Burning sensation. Is this the end?

Screenshot-128.jpg

Or just the beginning?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Imagination > Knowledge
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited November 2012
    Dear Kim, What a gorgeous build! :D I love your pink Victorian! It is pretty as a doll's house. Love how you have added the background story. Adds mystery to the house which I love! :D Love that beekeeping area with the shed. The interiors are so beautiful! I love your choice of colours and patterns. I see lots of clever CAS-ing! Love the living room, bedrooms, kitchen and dining room. Already recommended and added to my favourites. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    edited November 2012
    Gorgeous house. I love the colour. And a story to go with it! Good stuff. Rec'd.
  • itguyinscitguyinsc Posts: 5,765 Member
    edited November 2012
    What a charming build and a bonus feature of a great story too. :)

Great work :wink:
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited November 2012
    Kim! Great story! I saw one little error that you might want to change for your contest.! The record player...is a Victrola, not a viola( which is a violin)

The home is just gorgeous ( rec'd)
    The story is captivating!

Good luck!

T
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,578 Member
    edited November 2012
    Great building and great story! :) I just wanted to keep reading and reading to see what would happen in the end! :) Very clever that through the story we were able to see all that your Victorian house contained. It is such a pretty pink shade on the xterior, and the furnishings inside are done really well and all fit so well together to fit the whole theme of the build. Really great story telling and very well designed and built Victoruan house :)
  • PaubloPowersPaubloPowers Posts: 900 Member
    edited November 2012
    i love the house!
  • YOTEAMOYOTEAMO Posts: 1,374 Member
    edited November 2012
    Hey Kim! *glomp*

Great house, love the cosy and inviting interior - it kind of coaxes you in and then gets a little creepy! :mrgreen:
    Awesome background story too!

recd xx
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited November 2012
    Your house is SO beautiful! Off to rec' and have a nose around your studio :mrgreen:
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Brighten11Brighten11 Posts: 423 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Very nice! Rec'd
    edited November 2012
    yanti68 wrote:
    Dear Kim, What a gorgeous build! :D I love your pink Victorian! It is pretty as a doll's house. Love how you have added the background story. Adds mystery to the house which I love! :D Love that beekeeping area with the shed. The interiors are so beautiful! I love your choice of colours and patterns. I see lots of clever CAS-ing! Love the living room, bedrooms, kitchen and dining room. Already recommended and added to my favourites. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thank you, Yanti! You are alwasy so kind and sweet! *hugs*
    Gorgeous house. I love the colour. And a story to go with it! Good stuff. Rec'd.

Thanks Walkingstick! :D
    itguyinsc wrote:
    What a charming build and a bonus feature of a great story too. :)

Great work :wink:

Aww shucks! Thank you! :)
    Kim! Great story! I saw one little error that you might want to change for your contest.! The record player...is a Victrola, not a viola( which is a violin)

The home is just gorgeous ( rec'd)
    The story is captivating!

Good luck!

T

:oops: Thanks for catching that! And Ty ty! :mrgreen:
    rosemow wrote:
    Great building and great story! :) I just wanted to keep reading and reading to see what would happen in the end! :) Very clever that through the story we were able to see all that your Victorian house contained. It is such a pretty pink shade on the xterior, and the furnishings inside are done really well and all fit so well together to fit the whole theme of the build. Really great story telling and very well designed and built Victoruan house :)

Hi Rose. Thanks so much, I enjoyed your comment immensely. :wink:
    i love the house!

Ty!
    YOTEAMO wrote:
    Hey Kim! *glomp*

Great house, love the cosy and inviting interior - it kind of coaxes you in and then gets a little creepy! :mrgreen:
    Awesome background story too!

recd xx

Hey Yote!

Thanks babe! It does get creepy, lol! *hugs*
    GreenCats wrote:
    Your house is SO beautiful! Off to rec' and have a nose around your studio :mrgreen:

Hey! Thanks! :D
    Brighten11 wrote:
    Very nice! Rec'd

Thanks! :)

Imagination > Knowledge
  • orisisroseorisisrose Posts: 1,212 Member
    edited November 2012
    A very stunning and gorgeous Victorian, also liked the story that went with it. rfd for sure. :mrgreen:

Rose
    edited November 2012
    Hey Rose! Good to see you! Thank you so much! :D
    Imagination > Knowledge