Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Strange song attached to my sim? ***FIX!***

Hi guys,

Just a quick question to see if this has happened to anyone else. This never happened before Supernatural either so. I was playing my game as normal then this techno/alienish weird song started playing. I've noticed that it is attached to my female sim because when she leaves the song goes with her. It's really annoying. Has anyone else had this happen and is there a way to fix it?

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited November 2012
    She does not by chance have a portable music player in her personal inventory? I forget when this came into the game, it has not been that long now.

• Options
    Rhian2005Rhian2005 Posts: 611 Member
    edited November 2012
    LaBlue0314 wrote:
    She does not by chance have a portable music player in her personal inventory? I forget when this came into the game, it has not been that long now.

No she doesn't have an MP3 player. It's so weird. I thought maybe something was happening now it's just non stop music that is attached to her and it's really annoying. :(
  • Options
    RenanPisiRenanPisi Posts: 21 Member
    edited November 2012
    I'm having the same problem! Can anybody help us, please? It's really annoying. The Sims 3 is full og bugs... so sad!
  • Options
    loileeloilee Posts: 614 Member
    edited November 2012
    Stupid question, but have you tried resetsim? Does it do anything to the music or does it carry on whatever?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    loilee wrote:
    Stupid question, but have you tried resetsim? Does it do anything to the music or does it carry on whatever?

Yeah I tried resetsim. I also tried to move her out and move her back in the music just followed her right back. My temp fix at the moment is to disable sound effects but that means I don't get to hear eg; practicing guitar, fires, etc. I only get to hear them talking.
  • Options
    FhauxFhaux Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    Have you tried exiting to the main menu and then reloading the town?

I had this problem before. I thiiiiink that was how I got it to go away, but it was a while ago and I can't remember for sure.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited November 2012
    Is there any way you can put a short video up on youtube? Someone hearing it, might know exactly what is going on, when they can see and hear it.
  • Options
    HappyHaunt1000HappyHaunt1000 Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited November 2012
    I get the showtime tunes for the professions attached to my sim. Usually backing out to main menu and reentering takes care of the problem.
    My origin name is AStrangePuppy
  • Options
    Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    edited November 2012
    Sometimes while my sims are asleep at night, the tune that plays from World Adventures (when they find treasure or the like) will randomly play. Its sort of weird.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    LaBlue0314 wrote:
    Is there any way you can put a short video up on youtube? Someone hearing it, might know exactly what is going on, when they can see and hear it.

I'm on the train home from work but I did record I last night. When I get home ill upload it to YouTube and link it. I'll also try the main menu thing and let everyone know how I go. Thanks for the help so far everyone. :)
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Ok so here is the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNZ05Y6i4g4
    And thanks for those of you who told me to exit to the main menu and re-enter the game as this seemed to have fixed it! :D

Thanks all!
  • Options
    CatzieCatzie Posts: 59
    edited November 2012
    I've had similiar problems, but not proper music persay rather notification music... it's rather odd.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    It was the first time it's happened to me. I don't even recognize the music that was playing so it might be tied in with the update we just had leading up to Seasons.