Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Since patch 1.42 no produce from garden

I lost track of the thread listing all the errors since the latest patch. Didn't bookmark...

My sim WILL garden - sometimes under protest and I have to click repeatedly on the plants, but sometimes as normal. She doesn't seem to need to be pregnant or wearing particular clothes to get her to garden.

However she isn't getting any harvests now. So I can't do any badge challenges or grow better plants, or have better quality meals. All the watering and weeding happens, plants wither, etc, but they never produce any fruit or veg to harvest.

Comments

• Options
    MRSMLOGMRSMLOG Posts: 21,181 Member
    edited November 2012
    I'm also having a gardening problem since that patch. When I send my Sim out to "tend garden", instead of tending the whole garden like normal, she stops after one plant. Very annoying since my Sims always have BIG gardens and I have to click on EACH plant individually to get the whole garden tended.

I hope they fix it soon 'cause my Sims and I love gardening and very often I have my Sim join the gardening career.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited November 2012
    If you are trying to get the badge challenges try this. Create a brand new sim, and a brand new town. Create your sim anyway you want, give them any traits and other stuff. Then try to attempt to grow a garden, whatever you do, do not save the sim to the bin after you start playing it, or use a sim from the family bin in edit town.

I was told that trying to move your sim to a different town after you have started them is the trigger for this bug. I tried it, brand new sim in a brand new town, and she does not have any problems in gardening. She is now married, and has a son, including one cat (she is also a witch), and the last time I played her her garden was still growing like it is suppose to. All my other sims have been struck with the gardening bug, but then again, I have saved them in the bin to play later.
  • Options
    MRSMLOGMRSMLOG Posts: 21,181 Member
    edited November 2012
    Hmmmmm...I've been playing this particular Sim family for over 12 (Sim) weeks. About 2 weeks in RL. I've never tried to move them and haven't saved any of them to the bin. There were no gardening problems until yesterday, right after I installed this patch.

Guess I'll go check out some of my other towns, or start a new game to see if they're messed up too. :( I hope not.