The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you make extra community lots for your towns?

What I mean by make extra community lots is do you make things like churches or retirement homes? Can you share pics of them? I need inspiration because I am planning on making some extra community lots for my town.

Comments

• MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited November 2012
    I don't, because I don't want any lots that aren't functional clogging up my town. I know people who blog make them for screenshots, but I never saw the point outside of that
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited November 2012
    I found this site today when another poster showed me the link
    (I'm sorry I can't remember their name)

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/gallery/displayimage.php?album=52&pid=66014#top_display_media

There are several lots that were made specially for the Sunset Valley world.

Here is another link that talks about that world.

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,3159.0.html

I too am wanting to do some thing different with my buildings as well.
  • MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited November 2012
    I knew someone who made a really good hospital a few years ago, I can't remember her handle, but there's great CC out there to make a retirement home.
  • envira_xenvira_x Posts: 4,295 Member
    edited November 2012
    I make a bunch of different hangout-style venues -- arcade, hacker den, different types of clubs, spa, etc. I don't really do churches or retirement homes or the like.

ehaught58 has made some stunning community-style lots -- they're expertly built. He made a a gorgeous church that is PERFECT for weddings. I love to download his worlds. I always copy many of his lots and plop them down into my other EA worlds. There are so many gifted builders on this site. I just copy what they uploaded (for my own personal use; I don't re-upload, of course) and alter it to my own preferences.

But I never play one file for very long, so excess lots don't affect me much. I might do things differently once I commit for longer periods of time.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited November 2012
    I like making parks

Appaloosa Plains covered bridge
    67430694.jpg
    56464825.jpg
    93223359.jpg
  • envira_xenvira_x Posts: 4,295 Member
    edited November 2012
    Springfairy, your parks look pretty and natural. A really nice balance of activities and nature.

I suffer from want-to-do-it-all syndrome, especially in my parks. I start with the intention of having a relaxing natural sanctuary, then my obsessiveness kicks in. I start dropping in every possibly activity I think I might want to do, so I can stay in that spot for as long as I like. Then all my community lots look like activity-confetti exploded all over them. They lose focus (and parks lose a lot of their natural beauty) because I'm trying to do too much in one space.

I really admire your restraint.
  • abbyshireabbyshire Posts: 601 Member
    edited November 2012
    That is a gorgeous park! I'm working on a build right now that's kind of like a rec center where Sims can focus on building their skills. I hate having to make space in my Sims' homes for the drafting table, the clunky sculpting thing, etc. So my build has bars and a dance area, a small library, and various rooms devoted to certain skills. I just have to play-test it and then I'll upload it. :)
    ETA: Darn you, autocorrect!
  • krimsonnoxkrimsonnox Posts: 6,143 Member
    edited November 2012
    i love making community lots more than homes i think. I have just posted two resturaunts, one with a showtime stage. And i have made a wedding and reception building, an amusement park, a dance club, a concert venue some parks a salon. and some otherstuff mabe im not sure
    . Some of it's in my studio. I also made a circus but that won't be complete till i get the food vendors from Seasons.
  • hollynoelhollynoel Posts: 2,242 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Thank you for all the suggestions! They are all quite beautiful!

@envira_x: I will try to check out his creations soon.
    @Springfairy556: That is a gorgeous park! I bet it will look great in Seasons.
    @abbyshire: I had never thought of a rec center before. Great idea!
    @krimsonox: I will check it out.
  • AbbyMcTabbyAbbyMcTabby Posts: 794 Member
    edited November 2012
    I always add at least one wedding venue, usually a church/chapel kind of building designed to fit the look of whatever town I am placing it in.

I also like to build game arcades. I have most of the game machines from the store including the pinball table and the climbing wall. Since I got showtime I have started to add a karaoke box as well, usually upstairs in the game arcade..
  • AlessarAlessar Posts: 276 New Member
    edited November 2012
    There are some really great ideas in this thread. Normally I keep stuff pretty simple myself and focus on functional spaces (I've made a laundromat, a martial arts park, and a small nightclub). I love the wedding venue idea.
  • peteypoppeteypop Posts: 266 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I made a beautiful outdoor wedding venue. Fronted by a large stone building, a river flowed through the middle, and over the river was a wedding arch and seating, set in a beautiful rose garden.

I lost it when I reinstalled. :(