Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

sims should have elections too and instead of a stuff pack, how about adding more to my careers?

After I voted i started thinking how funny it would be if you could run sim campaigns for various local and higher offices. I would love if Agnes Crumplebottom or an npc from past sims was my opponent. They could use the celeb system and start rumors, of course still hold campaign parties, maybe feature vocal, magic or acrobat sims to sway voters at their speech.

The investigative career could take photos of the sims to aid the smear campaign. plant "evidence" for a small fee..

I also would love a revamp of the police and criminal careers. I have always liked that my sim could go to jail but i wish that i could make them do more things like sabotage and stuff. That i could go after the burglars robbing people's houses. Break up a crime syndicate. My sim wouldn't get out of jail after just a few hours if he/she did something truly bad or had many offenses. The super spy could get opportunities based off going to foreign places and spying. Spying on criminal masterminds like the head of the crime family.

I know its probably silly but i miss the modeling aspect from the sims 1! I don't know if I would buy a new open for business like expansion but they could allow me to own a restaurant or bakery again. I loved being able to do that.

Comments

• EissaCatEissaCat Posts: 7
    edited November 2012
    That all sounds like it could lead to a law career. Maybe sims could go to town hall for court on occasion and get happy moodlet when they win case and a bad one when they don't. Celebrities could have their own attorney's to defend against false rumors, if they win all negative effects should be reversed instead of winning, getting money and then all your friends still hate you!

I love the idea of being able to chase burglars as a police or actually being the burglar would be cool too. I don't think klepto is the same thing.

They could make first national sims bank and have accountants. Ok I'm getting carried away now!
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited November 2012
    You might be interested in this:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/606434.page

it's an official survey about a [potential?] upcoming e.p for sims 3 about spys. It doesn't seem to be getting a good response so it wold be great if you shared some of your ideas about how to improve it. :D
  • murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited November 2012
    I would love to see Lawyer and Politician sims :lol:
  • TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited November 2012
    If these elections are like real-life U.S. elections, then no. In fact, having a replica of real-life elections in the game would make me want to physically harm the person who came up with the idea using the game discs in varying and increasingly sadistic ways.

I'm also one of the calmer people I know about this; a few I know in real life you try to hurt you for even suggesting it right now.

The election idea is better suggested in a non-election year for the U.S., since our political parties have decided to take the worst traits of telemarketers up to 11 and combine it with spammers and a few other things. Especially not on election day, when a lot of normal people are at the point they might literally kill just to have the advertisements end.
  • EissaCatEissaCat Posts: 7
    edited November 2012
    That would be funny if they came up with tv ads during election periods. i wonder what the sims varying reactions would be.

Personally i think the political ads are hilarious, i mean who really puts much weight in them when they are voting? They aren't much worse or any less accurate than FOX news. And just think that is not going away after the election.

:P
  • PepperbuttPepperbutt Posts: 3,201 New Member
    edited November 2012

it's an official survey about a [potential?] upcoming e.p for sims 3 about spys. It doesn't seem to be getting a good response so it wold be great if you shared some of your ideas about how to improve it. :D

You realize it's rude to constantly promote your own threads, right?

As for this, dear god no. I've had enough of politics. What we already have is perfect.
    edited November 2012
    Pepperbutt wrote:

pageybear said 'The super spy could get opportunities based off going to foreign places and spying. Spying on criminal masterminds like the head of the crime family.'

She said she was interested in spys. I was trying to be helpful by pointing her to information about a potential e.p that we may get for the sims 3. It just so happened that it was on one of my threads. I also direct people to many other threads if I think they might be interested in them. It's called being helpful. Not rude.
  • PepperbuttPepperbutt Posts: 3,201 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Pepperbutt wrote:

pageybear said 'The super spy could get opportunities based off going to foreign places and spying. Spying on criminal masterminds like the head of the crime family.'

She said she was interested in spys. I was trying to be helpful by pointing her to information about a potential e.p that we may get for the sims 3. It just so happened that it was on one of my threads. I also direct people to many other threads if I think they might be interested in them. It's called being helpful. Not rude.

I've seen you spam your links around so often. Taking over someone's thread with ideas that are barely similar? Not helpful. If you want to be helpful, you can actually discuss the idea that's being presented. Not directing someone to a thread without really saying anything else. "It doesn't seem to be getting a good response so it wold be great if you shared some of your ideas about how to improve it." Helpful would be encouraging details, not linking.
  • Urosh1994Urosh1994 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited November 2012
    I actually imagined Sims being able to choose who is Mayor of their town. Sims who are on top of politics career can run for mayor position and if there are two or three of them, they have to hold funding parties, influence people, make promises and then we as a player vote ourselves.

Outcome would depend on number of friends and connections that Sim has, not just our vote, but it greatly helps.

I'm open to these career-expanding ideas :D
    edited November 2012
    Pepperbutt... ok.
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    I actually imagined Sims being able to choose who is Mayor of their town. Sims who are on top of politics career can run for mayor position and if there are two or three of them, they have to hold funding parties, influence people, make promises and then we as a player vote ourselves.

Outcome would depend on number of friends and connections that Sim has, not just our vote, but it greatly helps.

I'm open to these career-expanding ideas :D

I like this idea ^^^

I do like the idea of having different candidates who are interested in different things and perhaps whoever is voted in will affect the neighbourhood somehow. So an eco-friendly sim might have a different affect to a sim who is interested in computers.
  • bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited November 2012
    :O elections! thats a great idea! but idk about getting too in depth, since im not too big on politics. but we def need more careers, were really lacking.. i wanna be a dentist!!!! and go to dental school!
  • pageybearpageybear Posts: 180 Member
    edited November 2012
    Thanks. I love the dentist idea and the law one is really good too. LOL that mention of FOX news made we think we need to see our sims on new flash on news station when they publicly disgraced lmao.

Thanks I will check out that survey later. :0)
    edited November 2012
    pageybear wrote:
    Thanks. I love the dentist idea and the law one is really good too. LOL that mention of FOX news made we think we need to see our sims on new flash on news station when they publicly disgraced lmao.

Thanks I will check out that survey later. :0)

:D