Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Does Generations add to the game?

hey simmers,
i'm gathering information jsut in case i want it and i know what's in the new expansion rather than getting it and finding out for myself.

So my question is what does Generations add to the game?
Favorite EP/SP
Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
Sims 3 Showtime
Sims 3 Generations
My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227

Comments

• AustaciaAustacia Posts: 190
    edited November 2012
    I am so glad you asked that! :lol: I just got generations and was asking myself the same question. You can have more interactions with other sims such as give them gifts and stuff. Teens can prank and party, kids and teens can go to clubs or boarding schools and have imagionary freinds. You can have other jobs and proffesions such as daycare and there is a walking stick for elders (I find it very funny experimenting with the styles :wink:) also you can yhave more furniture. Loads of stuff! The main idea is that every age is more fun to play and there are lots of different ways to throw parties, interact and generally play sims.
    sorry I went on a bit! i found Carl's the sims very helpful so look at that web site
  • grapestargrapestar Posts: 288 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Generations and Late night are my fav Eps.its mainly for simmers that enjoy making big familys and children and teens which i loveeee <3
    With Generations it gives alot more interactions for teenagers and Children mainly allowing them to go to ater school clubs, boarding school, prom and Graduate. which makes the game more realistic :)
    Toddlers and Babys get an imaginary friend toy and if they get a really good relationship with the toy you can age it up when its a child and bring it to life and even make it a real sim :D
    Elders now have walking sticks which i love
    New Residentual Lots are included which are perfect for big families
    lots of new clothes they are my favourite from all the eps just to list a few hoodies or YA & Teens, jeans,new pregnancy clothes( that are nice)and plenty of new clothes for Adults mainly :)
    Also included is new furnicture mainly for children and teens eg.dress up box, bunkbeds, themed bookshelfs and dressers for girls and boys princess and Boat themed if i remember rightly :D

i love this ep and i hope you do to if you should decide to buy it :)
    hope i answered your question for you
  • ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    edited November 2012
    The other two Simmers did a great job describing Generations but I wanted to mention a few of my favorite interactions from this EP:
    Child Sims can play peek-a-boo, give a bottle, and hug toddlers! (it's so cute!)
    Teens and up can read kids/toddlers a story for bedtime.
    Also, kids and teens can have dreams while they sleep. The kids also get a costume chest so if they dream of being a dinosaur, royalty, or an astronaut, you can use the toy chest to dress them up in it and they can play pretend.
    You can also teach teens to drive! ^.^ This EP is my favorite. The little things really bring it to life.
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    edited November 2012
    sounds amazing! thank you! i'm getting this for Christmas!
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • TheFairyBugTheFairyBug Posts: 2,925 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Generations had me at 'spiral staircases'. And 'imaginary friends', but I digress. Hope to get it soon!
  • wayusawayusa Posts: 300
    edited November 2012
    What TheFairyBug said, those 2 things are really really great parts of the expansion. Spiral staircases save up a lot of room and imaginary friends are SO MUCH FUN! I basically spent all that money for the imaginary friends part and I'm not disappointed. It's so much fun having your kids develop a friendship with someone that looks cooler than the usual townies :3
  • TheFairyBugTheFairyBug Posts: 2,925 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Besides, the 'Timebomb' trailer for it was so unbelievably sweet, and showed so many other amazing features, too -- I want positively everything I saw in it!