Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Does Late Night Add to the game?

hey simmers,

for all of those whom have Late Night, please tell me your initial opnion of it and what it adds to the game.
Favorite EP/SP
Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
Sims 3 Showtime
Sims 3 Generations
My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited November 2012
    I really liked it even from the beginning. The only thing I could not stand, EA has finally fixed that issue with a patch, and that was I don't like the celebrity part of the game one bit. Before the patch it was very very hard to keep from becomming a celebrity. Now that I can stop it, it has become one of my favorites, next to Supernatural.

With Late Night you can play the celebrity scene, and it is fun if you want to play that way, it has the Film Career. Being a celebrity does have it's perks, your sim will get lots of expensive things for free, and they can get some pretty good discounts with others.

Late Night added three new musical instruments, and the Mixology Skill. I love adding the profession bar to all my towns. Depending on what your sim wants, each of the bars and lounges serve different drinks.

Bridgeport is the city that comes with Late Night, and the sims are some of my favorite, although the sim from Lunar Lakes is giving them some compition.

Even though Supernatural also has vampires, it does not have the Plasma Fruit. It is a plant your sim can grow, once they get to level 7 in their gardening skill. When a vampire eats a perfect Plasma Fruit, they get the same moodlet as if they drank from a sim. This moodlet will last for several sim hours, and their thirst need will not drop while this special moodlet is in place.

By having access to Plasma Fruit, the vampire can serve a several different dishes that will also help with their thirst need. Those are Pancakes, Peanut Butter and Jelly, Cobbler, and if you have World Adventures, Crepes.

That are a few things that are right at the top of my head at the moment. But there is a whole lot more stuff than what I mentioned.
  • Options
    Ilove_thesims_1dIlove_thesims_1d Posts: 8
    edited November 2012
    I thought this was really fun and interesting. You can be a vampire and celebrity and the clothes are so cool! It makes the game even better!
  • Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited November 2012
    Professional bars - I love using them instead of the 'hangout' ones where Sims get their own free juice. Also, the professional bars have 'bar food' and the different lounges, bars and clubs all have different food and drinks.

Vegetarian vampires. And a vampire gnome that 'turns' teddy bears so that they become more vampire gnomes.
    (Vampire gnomes pop up when you have harvested an X number of high quality plasma fruits.)

Film careers (actor and director and part-time movie career).

Apartments. Not like the Sims 2 ones, only one family can live in a high rise, but their neighbors will be the town's service NPCs, so they can make friends with the policeman next door, or the mail carrier they meet in the lobby.

Instruments. Piano, drums and bass. There's also the option to form a 'band' but that's a bit glitched, IMHO. I never get decent gigs with a band for some reason. I do love it that they can have spontaneous jam sessions in the park.

Subways. I love subways, and I'm going to put one in Lunar Lakes to get from the crater to the town a bit faster.

Darts, and shuffleboard. A 'bubble bar'. Electric gates for celebrity Sims.

New lifetime rewards and lifetime wishes.

It also has paparazzi, who are just as annoying in-game as they are in real life. :)
  • Options
    grapestargrapestar Posts: 288 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I love late night it's great for making rebellious sims and party animals s it's mainly about the night life . the new world Bridgeport is filled with sky-scrappers, clubs, bars and high end houses fit for celebrity's :).
    You can play as a vampire and celebrity. Live in apartments (which i love)
    The new clothes are amazing mainly party outfits in formal.

I love this EP would suggest buying it if your thinking about it :D