Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Does Ambitions add to the game?

hey all,

so as a christmas present or something, i want to know what Ambitions adds to the game. please tell me.
Favorite EP/SP
Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
Sims 3 Showtime
Sims 3 Generations
My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited November 2012
    1. Self-employment options, either in a job (writer, sculptor, gardener, etc.) or in a profession (ghost hunter, investigator, firefighter, etc.) -- you can set your own work hours so your Sim has more flexibility for doing other things or going out to meet people. (Self-employment is great if you get Late Night; you can go clubbing at night, come home and work on your latest masterpiece, then go to sleep till the clubs open again.)

2. New skills: Sculpting and Inventing -- both are ways you can make extra money for your Sims outside of their usual job.

3. Consignment Store: You can sell your productions (inventions, sculptures, paintings, etc.) at the Consignment Shop and often get more money than if you just sold them off through Buy Mode.

4. New town: Twinbrook -- haven't played it in a while but it's a good town, and a good source for buildings you can place in other worlds. (There's a hangout called the Red Rendezvous that I copied to my library and have used in several towns; it has two empty floors above the bottom floor that are perfect for upgrading with entertainment items from other packs.

It's actually my favorite pack, because of the new skills and the ability to be self-employed; I usually play family Sims so I can have one Sim as a stay at home parent and still earn money (and get opportunities) while the other goes out to a standard rabbithole job.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)