Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Name the DNA Mascot Contest! Prize is 350 Simpoints!![CLOSED] Winner Posted

Comments

• sanarithsanarith Posts: 10,812 Member
    edited November 2012
    Wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=sanarith#
    Entry Form:

Name: sanarith
    Mascot Name: Fjárhundur (Pronounced f-yarr-huun-durr)
    Caption: Fjárhundur is Icelandic for Sheepdog, so, seeing as she's an Icelandic Sheepdog, why not call her the Icelandic name for it?
  • craziebirdcraziebird Posts: 405 Member
    edited November 2012
    Name: Craziebird
    Mascot Name: Covers
    Caption: When I think of DNA, I think of building. When I think of building, I think of carpeting. Since I am a teacher who teaches area and perimeter with the Connect Math series, when I think of carpeting, I think of area, which I relate to covering something for my students. Also, a fluffy dog like this one would probably shed and cover her area with doggy hair love :)
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,816 Member
    edited November 2012
    Entry Form:

Name: illusie
    Mascot Name: Ms Fluff
    Caption: Because she looks adorable and fluffy ;)
  • simssims174simssims174 Posts: 291
    edited November 2012
    OK here is my idea for a name! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Name:simssims174

Mascot Name: Bellasheep
    Caption: i think that this would be a very fitting name for the dog because the name "Bella" means beautiful in Italian! and i think that that mascot is VERY pretty for a dog and very fluffy! and that's where sheep comes in! she has lots and lots of fluffy fur and that looks cool on her i think and she has some white on her and occasionally, sheep have white wool! and those two names, Bella and Sheep fit well together and definitely fit this mascots look and seems like an interesting name on her! :lol:

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    edited November 2012
    Name: Springfairy556
    Mascot Name: Fluffy
    Caption: Because she's so fluffy and warm.:P
  • AshleykaymayAshleykaymay Posts: 1,524 Member
    edited November 2012
    Entry Form:

Name: Ashleykaymay
    Mascot Name: Jean
    Caption: I tried to use DNA as my base for finding the name. I thought of Gene which then turned into Jean.
  • mcveighjessmcveighjess Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2012
    Sims3DNAPartyEntriesBanner.png

TO ENTER:
    Entry Form:

Name:
    mcveighjess
    Mascot Name: Phyllo
    Caption: Because Phyllo is puffy (like the dog in question) and used to help make wonderful sweet things for many different places throughout the world. Therefore, a mascot for the DNA team should be something sweet, helpful and used to create wonderful things that wouldn't be possible without it!

*Steals cookie on her way back to the party thread!*
  • LissykinLissykin Posts: 2,789 Member
    edited November 2012
    Thank you so much for all the entries! It's going to be a tough choice!! :D
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    edited November 2012
    The name I really wanted to use was blocked. :lol: I don't understand why; it wasn't a bad word.XD
  • Jillyson_Twozaks_1Jillyson_Twozaks_1 Posts: 3,334 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Entry Form:

Name: Jillyson_Twozaks_1 (Just Jilly)
    Mascot Name: Helix
    Caption: Helix (plural Helices) are the twisted DNA strands on your banner. Choose the DNA Build team, and put a little Helix in your game!"

I may be shooting myself in the foot here, but I have to say, I really like the name Hestia suggested earlier by JediAriel!

• TRachetTRachet Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited November 2012
    Name: TRatchet
    Mascot Name: ACE
    Caption: ACE isn't just that one card we want so badly to appear in our hands in most card games. It's more than that, something with a meaning behind every letter- an acronym! ACE strictly stands as a symbol of the DNA team.
    A- Advance
    C- Creativity
    &
    E- Exquisiteness

With DNA ACE stands prouydly, representing a whole, new meaning to their team.
  • Pandamuffin100Pandamuffin100 Posts: 659 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Pandamuffin100
    Name: Pandamuffin100
    Mascot name: Pluffy
    Caption: I see a combination of both fluffy and puffiness. Plus I've always wanted to name a creature who is both fluffy and puffy...pluffy :mrgreen:
  • SprinterFlashSprinterFlash Posts: 387 Member
    edited November 2012
    Name: SprinterFlash
    Mascot Name: Frisca
    Caption: I would name her Frisca because she seems like the Diva type of a dog. She seems like she wants to be pampered all the time, but when it comes down to it she is the best friend [dog] in the world. I also think Frisca would be a good name because her fluffy fur adds to her fierceness factor. :mrgreen:
  • SeascapeSeascape Posts: 2,359 Member
    edited November 2012
    Name: Seascape

Mascot Name: Tíbrá (pronounced Teebra)

Caption: An Icelandic name, it means mirage, optical illusion. I think it suits creating/building homes and Sims from inspiration pics and descriptions that allow us to live in those homes or be those people vicariously and virtually.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    edited November 2012
    Name: rosemow
    Mascot Name: Creativegaze
    Caption: The dog has such a look on his face as he gazes at all the wonderful creative builds that all the D.N.A. Builders create!
  • brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    edited November 2012
    name genne

mascot name: the genetic dog

i think its the best name because well your team is called DNA and what better name then having a dog you created be called the genetic dog as your mascot because you are named DNA and DNA is what creates things and you guys create things.
    edited November 2012
    Yay for awesome names!! We still have two hours until the contest ends, so if you can think of any others, feel free to submit. You can post as many times as you want! :) 8)
    edited November 2012
    i am honestly excited to see who wins i cant wait :)
  • sharonxyzsharonxyz Posts: 811 Member
    edited November 2012
    Sharonxyz

Mascot's name:

Simfany

Caption that explains:

The dog is beautifully orchestrated in every way as a symphony :) And "Sim" and "fan" are present, two very pertinent words. Finally, the name reminds me of "Tiffany" and thus of a girl's name (I believe Lissykin said she was a "she" :)).
  • sharonxyzsharonxyz Posts: 811 Member
    edited November 2012
    @Seascape: lovely name, I've never come across it before, but very lovely and meaningful :D
  • snowdove58snowdove58 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited November 2012
    Snowdove58
    Mascot name- Viking
    Caption- The Icelandic sheep dog was brought to Iceland by the Vikings.
    edited November 2012
    i am wondering but how long will it take to announce the winners.
    edited November 2012
    I'll announce the winner for this contest either later tonight, or tomorrow. :D
  • JackyelineJackyeline Posts: 320 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Name: Jackeline
    Mascot Name: Iris
    Description: I think Iris would be a great name in my opinion. Iris is a feminine given name derived from the Greek meaning rainbow. :mrgreen:
    edited November 2012
    Only a half an hour left! If you have another name in mind, please post it now! :mrgreen: