Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch 1.42 Glitches!

I have all EP's and SP's installed and 80% of The Sims 3 Store content *hangs head in shame*

So, I reset my games to factory settings and updated to patch 1.42. The only files that I copied over from my backup of The Sims 3 folder were: UserPresets; and from the downloads folder, the file with my email, nav.bin and 2 folders with long numbers as titles. Nothing else was copied over because I wanted a complete fresh start.

Then I went through the trouble of re-downloading all store content. I added each individually and checked the game before installing more.

My game is fantastic. However, I noticed 5 glitches so far.

1.When playing the game with walls down, Sim does a 360 spin when walking through doors.

2. When Sim goes to "Watch Deer" when the deer is galloping away, Sim will follow the run-stop galloping gait of the deer.

3. When Sim goes to "Send Gift to Friend" and another Sim or Pet that is not involved in the mailbox action is selected, the Lifetime Reward points and items will end up going to the selected Sim or Pet instead.

4.Sim got a phone call to go out on a date from an NPC but "something came up" and the NPC vanished from the game.
I am not sure if this is a glitch or not.

5. When non household pets change their direction of motion, they stretch upwards like a spaghetti monster and return to normal once they go back in motion.

Anyone else have these problems?

Comments