Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Save Issues with Supernatural and Seasons CAW: Discussion and research thread.

Comments

• Options
    GlamSugarGlamSugar Posts: 103
    edited November 2012
    Well, I've gotten mine to work finally, but I'm using every trick in the book. I keep running into problems and fixing them. I'm even causing EIG to crash on purpose after unsuccessful saves so that it actually does save.

I WILL HAVE MY CUSTOM WORLD! I CANNOT BE STOPPED! :evil:
  • Options
    martys15martys15 Posts: 7,790 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Write to https://twitter.com/SimGuruGraham only one person who can tell us what's going on ... If you do not ignore you post...
  • Options
    SimRealtorSimRealtor Posts: 1,132 Member
    edited November 2012
    Just wanted to add what I have going on - I am able to get EIG to load if I have it minimized. And I can get a world to save and export and pretend to install - only, it won't actually install. That is the current hurdle I am trying to overcome... trying a fresh download now to see if that is fixed yet.
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited November 2012
    anetherron wrote:
    tea_and_blues, can you explain to little further on how to get the world in game?, maybe a step by step. I don't think I am doing it right as it does not show up. Also, I am very confused as to how to do this. Thanks

This is what I did, ditermination, and it worked for me:

First, follow these steps to delete all 'dead' files: (just, instead of 'Desert Quest', delete all your world's relevant files lol)... http://calinselene.wordpress.com/how-to-fully-delete-desert-quest-world-in-preparation-for-installing-eldrichtfalls/

Then do this:

1) Reinstall the world
    2) Go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3/DC Backup. In it you will find a whole bunch of .package files with number/letter combo names.
    3)At the top of the screen click View - Arrange Icons by - Modified.
    4) The last file in the folder (most recently installed) should now be for your world.
    5) Rename it to a .world file. As in: 0x2db853d0721f456a8d90ba8e6b9b8fa7.package to My World .world.
    6) Take the renamed file and place it in My Computer/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game Data/Shared/Non Packaged/Worlds.

When you next open your game you should have your world available for use.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Anetherron,

Thanks but this sounds kind of complicated. I might wait awhile for EA to fix this problem. I'm going to feel kind of nervous doing this.
  • Options
    DigstarDigstar Posts: 308 Member
    edited November 2012
    Damienf519 wrote:
    anetherron wrote:
    tea_and_blues, can you explain to little further on how to get the world in game?, maybe a step by step. I don't think I am doing it right as it does not show up. Also, I am very confused as to how to do this. Thanks

This is what I did, ditermination, and it worked for me:

First, follow these steps to delete all 'dead' files: (just, instead of 'Desert Quest', delete all your world's relevant files lol)... http://calinselene.wordpress.com/how-to-fully-delete-desert-quest-world-in-preparation-for-installing-eldrichtfalls/

Then do this:

1) Reinstall the world
    2) Go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3/DC Backup. In it you will find a whole bunch of .package files with number/letter combo names.
    3)At the top of the screen click View - Arrange Icons by - Modified.
    4) The last file in the folder (most recently installed) should now be for your world.
    5) Rename it to a .world file. As in: 0x2db853d0721f456a8d90ba8e6b9b8fa7.package to My World .world.
    6) Take the renamed file and place it in My Computer/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game Data/Shared/Non Packaged/Worlds.

When you next open your game you should have your world available for use.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Anetherron,

Thanks but this sounds kind of complicated. I might wait awhile for EA to fix this problem. I'm going to feel kind of nervous doing this.

I guess a simpler way of explaining would be to just find the largest file in DCBackup (must also be the same time & date when you "installed" the world), change it's extension to .world and change the file name to whatever you want (ie MyTown.world and drop it in the folder as above. This is all I did, nothing more nothing less and it worked a treat :D
  • Options
    deion81deion81 Posts: 2
    edited November 2012
    This may be a stupid question but how do you change the .package file to a .world file?
  • Options
    ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited November 2012
    I'm having the problem where when I save, the lots delete. Is there a solution to that yet?
  • Options
    Ferah1Ferah1 Posts: 35 New Member
    edited November 2012
    deion81 wrote:
    This may be a stupid question but how do you change the .package file to a .world file?

Erase the word "package" and type in "world".
  • Options
    deion81deion81 Posts: 2
    edited November 2012
    Ferah1 wrote:
    deion81 wrote:

Erase the word "package" and type in "world".

im still kinda lost...do i have to have a program that changes it from .package to .world cause if i just rename it to whatever, its still a .package file
  • Options
    NavazzahNavazzah Posts: 156 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I downloaded and re-installed CAW again today but still got Read-Only Lots -warnings. So I can safely assume that EA hasn't still done nothing to fix the issues with CAW. I do like the Seasons EP quite a lot but I would really like to get back to work already. :?
  • Options
    SheenaFinSheenaFin Posts: 134 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Today EIG started crashing every time I try to go to EIG. I don't like this at all :(
  • Options
    ANNIEOVERANNIEOVER Posts: 2,014 Member
    edited November 2012
    Finally was able to install my recently exported CAW world with the help of non EA personel. However it does not save my progess in edit world mode in game. Any thoughts?
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited November 2012
    Digstar wrote:

I guess a simpler way of explaining would be to just find the largest file in DCBackup (must also be the same time & date when you "installed" the world), change it's extension to .world and change the file name to whatever you want (ie MyTown.world and drop it in the folder as above. This is all I did, nothing more nothing less and it worked a treat :D

Thanks. I guess that simplifies. I'm still a bit nervous through.
  • Options
    withthecrimelabwiththecrimelab Posts: 691 Member
    edited November 2012
    deion81 wrote:
    im still kinda lost...do i have to have a program that changes it from .package to .world cause if i just rename it to whatever, its still a .package file
    1. Right click on the package and go to properties. Then simply rename .package to .world.
    Some people have their computer set up to hide known file extensions, so if you can't change the .package portion; you'll need to go into
    2. Control Panel>Appearance&Personalisation>Folder Options, then View, scroll down the boxes until you see one that says hide extensions for known file types, and untick it. Press Apply & OK, then you'll be able to follow step 1.
    (The above is for Windows 7)

EDIT: When you change your file extension, it might bring up a warning saying something along the lines of 'If you change a file extension, the file might become unusable. Are you sure you want to change this?' just click yes.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited November 2012
    Hi :)

Thought I'd put this back on the front page so others can see. . . :)
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Why don't they fix CAW? This situation is really starting to test my patience and it's getting quite short already. I know there are some fixes for world exporters but there's nothing for us who cannot save in CAW due to Read-Only Lots -warnings and also for us whose EIG is crashing every single time without exception. My God, EA, what are you guys waiting for??? :x
  • Options
    auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited November 2012
    I'm still waiting to patch on my main caw computer, but it frustrates me that I've paid for the seasons expansion pack, yet I'm unable to play it. I did install it on my laptop, but the it just doesn't have enough juice in it's engine to run the game, and all the EP's without lag and very slow loading times.

Do I have to choose at this point? Caw has been the only thing that has kept me interested in the game all this time, I would have moved on long ago without it.
  • Options
    TrystianeTrystiane Posts: 70 Member
    edited November 2012
    Yea, I know what you mean, I am frustrated with CAW too...
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited November 2012
    Friendly bump. :D
  • Options
    Hippytree13Hippytree13 Posts: 55 Member
    edited November 2012
    ya i'm having a big problem trying to play...... it's getting really bad.....
    anyone have any ideas as to what i can do>?
  • Options
    AsterbelleAsterbelle Posts: 12 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I tried the renaming procedure but my world wont load. It says "sims 3 has stopped working" and all i can do is exit.. help pls :(
  • Options
    SheenaFinSheenaFin Posts: 134 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Just tested this new version (1.18.5): CAW works now, also EIG works. But when trying to install new world, world doesn't show up. :cry:

Edit: EIG still not working neither ><
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    SheenaFin wrote:
    Just tested this new version (1.18.5): CAW works now, also EIG works. But when trying to install new world, world doesn't show up. :cry:

Edit: EIG still not working neither ><

1.18.5.019037 is not a new. It's the one that has been broken from the start.
  • Options
    LtCycLtCyc Posts: 2
    edited November 2012
    I would like to point out that version 1.18.5 exports and installs the world as long as there are no lots in it. Funny.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    True but saving in CAW still gives the Read-Only Lots -warnings and crashes EIG.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top