Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

(Seasons) Guide to Seasonal Lot Markers

Comments

• Options
    candyeyedsimmycandyeyedsimmy Posts: 655 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Hi can anyone tell me where I could find the tall speakers used on ea created festival lots? the ones on stands? I cant find them anywhere :( thanks in advance!
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited December 2012
    Can this be used at the sims house? Because I try to use it but the seasonal lot marker keeps disappearing and I can't find it when going back into buy/build mode. What happens now? Are my sims doomed to not be able to decorate their home?

I've used it on a house with no problems. Make sure you're in buydebug mode when you're working with the lot (type in buydebug in the cheat box), especially if you're going back to a lot you've previously saved (you can also use that to see the various spawners).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited December 2012
    I found it a bit strange that columns are in common mode, but not construction mode; I discovered that when trying to build a pavilion in a park (shaded area to hold a juice bar). Had to make sure I had my columns lined up straight in common mode because the roof from construction mode was still there. Also wish the fire pits weren't a common item, because I'd like to be able to switch those in and out with the season.

Other than that and remembering what goes in what mode, it seemed to go well. I have a Sports Park that I just uploaded to the Exchange that changes with the season (soccer in spring and summer, etc.); I haven't tested it with my game yet but I followed all the rules. I'll test it in game soon, and if it's broken I'll pull it down and fix it.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Cat0EyeCat0Eye Posts: 4,629 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Cat0Eye wrote:
    Not sure if this has been asked...I love the seasonal lot marker and used it on my home lot, its working great except that when I go into build/buy mode its not there and I can only build/buy in that season not switch back to common mode....is there something I am missing?

I tried going back in to buydebug and still cant see it, is it possible it moved?

Are you going into build/buy and then entering the buydebug cheat? You need to enter the cheat prior to entering b/b or the seasonal lot marker won't appear initially.

That is probably my problem. Thank you!
  • Options
    catalina_45catalina_45 Posts: 359 Member
    edited December 2012
    I tried to make a seasonal residential lot in edit town, I moved a family in and when I started to play the game crashed allways on the first night... To have a seasonal lot, I had to edit in live mode.

Saved game crash on loading: I set up a community as the festival lot in edit town mode. I followed all the steps in the tutorial ... Finally I am back in live mode, I saved the game and I got out. When I wanted to upload the saved game, it crashed before loading. I didn’t do anything else.
    It was the same thing like the residential lot created on edit town mod... I do not understand what is happening and why is happening...
    I didn't forgot to set the season the same like the season on my residential lot (the family that I play)... Game saved continue to crash on loading... If I don't exit from the game, I can continue to play and use the community festival lot created ...
    Saving game and exit, the next time of loading, the game crash... :shock:
    Words are soul's image
  • Options
    MistermoomanMistermooman Posts: 265 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Hi can anyone tell me where I could find the tall speakers used on ea created festival lots? the ones on stands? I cant find them anywhere :( thanks in advance!

It's not an actual item, but made with two 'Mod Col' columns, and the public wall speakers which can be found under Community Objects/Misc. Objects you can find the speaker there, but you must be on a community lot. Though you could also use the wall speaker from Showtime, if you have it. This wall speaker is base game though. You need the cheat 'moveobjects on' though.

You can hold the 'alt' key on your keyboard to align the column to the speaker more precisely.
  • Options
    SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,189 SimGuru
    edited December 2012
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    Is it possible to create a Festival Lot that only has one Festival?

For example, say I want to create a festival that comes to a park in the Spring and only in the Spring time for that specific lot. Can I do that and have the Common objects show up during the rest of the year without triggering a Festival?

Sorry but no, this isn't possible. Festivals will always rotate between the four seasonal modes - the only one that can be skipped is construction mode.

Looks like Mistermooman had the same question; I'll add it to the FAQ.

ZeekSlider wrote:
    To put it simply, Firepits can only be placed in Common mode.
    Then how were you able to place Firepits in the Starlight Shores festival lot for Winter if they can only be placed in Common mode?

Like I mentioned in my first reply about fire pits/places, the firepits were placed on some of the festivals prior to fireplaces being forced into common mode. Firepits actually work fine on them, but because they share code with the fireplaces, they're both forced to common mode now.

A couple of big questions, please answer.

Okay, so first can there be two festivals running in one world at the same time? (i.e. A summer festival at the beach and another summer festival at the park.)

Yes, it's perfectly fine to have multiple festivals in a world. The more festivals you have the more it will impact performance though.
  • Options
    exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited December 2012
    I think I need to go through the walkthrough again from scratch. My residential lot didn't seem to like this process. The only way I could get my seasons to switch over on a residential lot is if I play tested through it and set up the seasons as they came around. It's almost like my game wouldn't save my seasonal decor (which consisted mostly of the holiday store items) was if it switched over to a new season and at that point saved the previous set up. I really think I'm missing something here. :(

ETA: And trust me I save like crazy when I play. (That way I can just pop out to the main menu if anything horrible happens in live mode, and so I don't have to repeat any steps in build mode.) Now it's possible that my initial attempt through the walkthrough, I may not have clicked that darn "Lock objects in common mode" thing each time I popped out to edit town to save. Could that be the reason it was proving more difficult for me? :?
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
  • Options
    ElderGamer1ElderGamer1 Posts: 132 Member
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for your Help with Seasons. I have a question regarding placing the Lot Marker. I placed it on my Sims New Lot and almost everything get invisible...This happened with regular Base Game windows and doors. If I click on them they will appear again for that second but fade again. I had thought it worked like the Fog marker but obviously I am so wrong, Lol. Please Help...
  • Options
    SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited December 2012
    My residential lot won't change seasons either. I was hoping this would be easy to do but I guess it isn't. I can do the community lots with no problem but the residential lots seem to pose quite a problem for me. It seems that there's a few of us here with this problem. Could you post a tutorial maybe on how to do this with a residential? And btw: I built the house so do I have rebuild the whole thing as a result of this problem. I sure could use some help. I'm needing this for a story I'm doing. Thanks.
  • Options
    Cat0EyeCat0Eye Posts: 4,629 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for your Help with Seasons. I have a question regarding placing the Lot Marker. I placed it on my Sims New Lot and almost everything get invisible...This happened with regular Base Game windows and doors. If I click on them they will appear again for that second but fade again. I had thought it worked like the Fog marker but obviously I am so wrong, Lol. Please Help...

The Seasonal Marker doesnt work like the fog marker, everything that goes in common mode (so will show in all seasons) gets greyed out/see through. The Marker will auto set to what ever the current season in your game is (at least thats what it does for me) so to change an item not special to say Fall, you need to Crtl+Shift+Click the seasonal lot marker and change the season. This is not changing the Season of the lot but the buy items shown in that season.
    Sorry if that didnt make sense.
  • Options
    Cyberqueen13Cyberqueen13 Posts: 2,835 Member
    edited December 2012
    Simguru I wanna make an art museum that changes with the seasons. This means each season there would be new artwork/paintings on display to encourage simmers to visit the museum more often. The question is: Can my sim put up paintings that she makes on display AND each season they changed to different paintings that she made?
  • Options
    DlparsonDlparson Posts: 38
    edited December 2012
    I'm so confused.......the season changed and everything like skate rink and other object's are gone does this mean i have to place everything again after each season change?????

why don't they just appear on there own?? that would be nice since i'm not very creative
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    It would be nice if someone would help us with this. I've posted 3 times and got no response except one person but he was able to get it to work on his residential lots. I'd like to know how to get this to work on a residential lot. Now it's 3pm on the 2nd day of Spring and the Christmas decorations are still sitting out. I do know how to use this, I can get it to work on a community lot. And please don't tell me something stupid like I"m told on facebook like change the lot type because my sims live in this house.

Please, why can't someone help with this?
  • Options
    sillysarah2000sillysarah2000 Posts: 8
    edited December 2012
    If you place seasonal festival grounds that came WITH the game into another town, Does the festival still change between seasons?
  • Options
    mangoesandlimesmangoesandlimes Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited December 2012
    I've noticed an issue when the fog emitters, tomb processor, and seasonal lot marker are used together. I'm building a festival lot and I have fog emitters set up to emit spirits throughout the park in the fall. I'm using the tomb processor to make 5 emitters cycle through on a timer. This works wonderfully in the fall, but when I switch to a different season, the sound bleeds through. I can't see the spirits, but I can hear them so my snowboard half pipe seems vaguely haunted. Is there any way to mute the fog emitters or get the processor to shut off for non-fall seasons?
  • Options
    mangoesandlimesmangoesandlimes Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited December 2012
    If you place seasonal festival grounds that came WITH the game into another town, Does the festival still change between seasons?

Yep! I was using the Showtime town's park in Hidden Springs so I had a stage and it worked just fine.
  • Options
    Kryst51Kryst51 Posts: 2,073 Member
    edited December 2012
    It would be nice if someone would help us with this. I've posted 3 times and got no response except one person but he was able to get it to work on his residential lots. I'd like to know how to get this to work on a residential lot. Now it's 3pm on the 2nd day of Spring and the Christmas decorations are still sitting out. I do know how to use this, I can get it to work on a community lot. And please don't tell me something stupid like I"m told on facebook like change the lot type because my sims live in this house.

Please, why can't someone help with this?

Are your decorations in common mode? They should only be in winter. Check and make sure they aren't in both or only common.

You should be able to shift click the Seasonal lot marker, click seasons and change the mode you are using to decorate. If it shows up in the common one delete them, click over to winter and add them there. If this is indeed the problem, you could just click over to winter, the decorations that are in common mode that you want solely for winter should be grayed out, you can click on them and grab them which should bring them into the winter mode only.

What exactly are you seeing when in the design mode?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    How do I get construction mode not to show? the guide seems to say that not having anything appearing in construction mode is how that works. I don't think I have anything in it, except that plants and stuff seem to show up in it, and I don't know how to get them out.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    When I shift click on the seasonal lot marker I have the decorations for each season separtely and correct. The common are correct as well. It's just that I can't get the seasonal lot marker to change on my lot unless I first enter build mode. Once I do that then the proper season on that lot is set. I don't know if I'm explaining this correctly, I know what I mean but I"m confusing myself lol
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    When I shift click on the seasonal lot marker I have the decorations for each season separtely and correct. The common are correct as well. It's just that I can't get the seasonal lot marker to change on my lot unless I first enter build mode. Once I do that then the proper season on that lot is set. I don't know if I'm explaining this correctly, I know what I mean but I"m confusing myself lol

Construction mode causes the first day of every season to have only what is in common and construction mode. Is that what is happening? In my game it is doing the same. If that's not it, I'm afraid I won't be able to help, that's my only suggestion.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I don't use construction mode on a residential lot.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I don't use construction mode on a residential lot.

I didn't think I did either, but I kept getting that day of nothingness, I found a light had ended up in that mode, I just had to move it to common mode, and voila that fixed that problem.

Good Luck! I wish I could help more.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I know I didn't use the construction mode. I only use common and the ones for the different seasons. And why is the Sim Guru helping us more with this? I see that another person at least is having the same issues. I'm about ready to tosss this out the window. It may not be a big deal to him but I spent a lot of time building this house to accomodate the alien babies that my Kenji kept having even though there were more thna 10 in the household.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I know I didn't use the construction mode. I only use common and the ones for the different seasons. And why is the Sim Guru helping us more with this? I see that another person at least is having the same issues. I'm about ready to tosss this out the window. It may not be a big deal to him but I spent a lot of time building this house to accomodate the alien babies that my Kenji kept having even though there were more thna 10 in the household.

I heard somewhere that they might be off for Christmas break, so that could be why none of the SimGurus have responded. You must be using mods to have 10 in a household. They could be causing you problems.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top