Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons Patch Picture Thread!

Comments

• Options
    rooroomay1509rooroomay1509 Posts: 2,693 Member
    edited October 2012
    I was super happy about this patch but a little bummed...the horse gallop glitch is way better, but i still get a little choppiness and the horse seems to run fatser than usual too. I don't know if they were able to run fast when they mastered racing but the gallop glitch is still there a little. :? OTHER WISE, I LOVE THE PATCH! :D
  • Options
    MykalaplyMykalaply Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited October 2012
    Mykalaply wrote:
    16jr7gg.jpg

H
    i Mykalaply, interesting screenshot. :shock:

Would you mind sharing what world this took place in, and if you happen to remember, where your Sim was swimming in the ocean before they transitioned to swimming on land? Thanks![/quote
    That's sunlit tides, he was swimming in the fountain, btw he is just a random sim,
  • Options
    MykalaplyMykalaply Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited October 2012
    Mykalaply wrote:
    Mykalaply wrote:
    16jr7gg.jpg

H
    i Mykalaply, interesting screenshot. :shock:

Would you mind sharing what world this took place in, and if you happen to remember, where your Sim was swimming in the ocean before they transitioned to swimming on land? Thanks![/quote
    That's sunlit tides, he was swimming in the fountain, btw he is just a random sim,

Edit to fix quote
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited October 2012
    mandya wrote:
    tink200122 wrote:
    mandya wrote:
    tink200122 wrote:
    My Launcher says Im up to Date, and I didnt even install the update? Help?

Mine said that at first too but you just have to keep refreshing until it comes up :)

I didmit about 10 times now and nothing happened

Um. Did you try doing it Manually?

sometimes it does update automatic.
    did you put your arrow on the firs icon of the games you have at the bottom of the page and it will show you if it is updated.
    Hope this helps.
  • Options
    raacheel14raacheel14 Posts: 875 Member
    edited October 2012
    All the pictures look amazing! :)
  • Options
    Ozzie1985Ozzie1985 Posts: 418 Member
    edited October 2012
    I'm guessing since this is just the patch, we will not be getting water toys, ie: rafts,etc, until the actual game comes out.
  • Options
    CassandraHCassandraH Posts: 63 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Although, this picture does not involve with swimming, but I feel this is still an exception.

I present you all the new CAS ghost death - FROZE TO DEATH! :D
    (this is a random sims)

2ngr0iw.png
  • Options
    Seer144Seer144 Posts: 816 Member
    edited October 2012
    CassandraH wrote:
    Although, this picture does not involve with swimming, but I feel this is still an exception.

I present you all the new CAS ghost death - FROZE TO DEATH! :D
    (this is a random sims)

2ngr0iw.png

I like this ghost. Makes me cold just looking at it. Did you take it in game to see if it had any other snazzy effects? Like snowflakes rolling off of it, for instance?
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited October 2012
    PREPARE FOR PIC OVERLOAD!!!
    Screenshot-38-9.jpg

Screenshot-39-9.jpg

Screenshot-40-9.jpg

Screenshot-41-9.jpg

Screenshot-42-8.jpg

Screenshot-43-8.jpg

Screenshot-44-9.jpg

Screenshot-45-8.jpg

Screenshot-48-9.jpg

Screenshot-53-6.jpg

Screenshot-54-6.jpg

I love this patch so much! I think it made my PEPS worse though, lol
  • Options
    wzw1177wzw1177 Posts: 1,140 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Bridgeport in fog is same as before. It's not because of this patch.
  • Options
    Strawberrystar1Strawberrystar1 Posts: 1,147 New Member
    edited October 2012
    ok i'm installing the patch! can't wait! but it's only at 8%.... 8)
  • Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited October 2012
    Screenshot-87-1.jpg

I love Moonlight Falls. :D
  • Options
    Strawberrystar1Strawberrystar1 Posts: 1,147 New Member
    edited October 2012
    can anyone tell me what this patch adds? just wondering i didn't look into it much.
    :?:
  • Options
    MishaMisha Posts: 73 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Wahhhhh. :shock: I think the patch has cured my PEPS... for now. Just what I needed after a long day at work :mrgreen:
  • Options
    C_LeilaniC_Leilani Posts: 258 Member
    edited October 2012
    I've only taken this one for now.

Screenshot-7.png
  • Options
    Rinoa666AngelRinoa666Angel Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited October 2012
    can anyone tell me what this patch adds? just wondering i didn't look into it much.
    :?:

Base Game Updates
    •Greeting Cards feature has been added. Sims can take a picture using the Greeting Card feature and share it on Sims3.com, Facebook, or Twitter.
    •Attraction System has been added. This is a new initial romantic system that provides bonuses to socialization and romance when the Sim is attracted by certain attributes.
    •Sims can now swim in the ocean.
    •Diving Board object has been added to Build Mode.
    •Blueprint tool has been added to Buy/Build Mode. User’s may quickly place down furnished rooms with this tool.
    •Resolved Player Profile and Wall issue where clicking on a user’s name brought up a blank profile.
    •Badges earned by completing achievements will now appear on your MyPage on thesims3.com.
    •The moon’s glow on the UI will no longer appear when starting a new game without The Sims 3 Supernatural installed.

World Adventures Updates
    •Fixed an issue where fish placed in the Sims inventory will no longer disappear when Sims travel back from a vacation world.
    •Fixed an issue where sound was getting dropped out when Sims are learning a song.

Pets Updates
    •Fixed a galloping animation issue with Horses that has level 10 Racing skill.

Showtime Updates
    •Sims must now have some positive relationship before asking other Sims to take photos in the “Gigi Photo Booth”.

Supernatural Updates
    •Saving and loading during a full moon cycle before 6pm will no longer cause the moon cycle to skip forward.
    •Feral Change buff will now expire for werewolf on various lunar cycle settings.
    •Addressed an animation issue in the Smustle dance.
    •Toadified Sims will route fail less often when trying to eat flies on counters or large tables.
    •Writing fiction book will display proper text.
    •Fairy children will no longer stretch into adult size when using the “Talk to Plant” interaction.
    •Fixed an issue where Woohoo in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Caravan wish is not fulfilled when Sims Woohoo in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Caravan.
    •Improved routing issues with the Fairy House.
    •Sending an elixir from the household inventory to a friend now fulfills the “Send an Elixir to a Friend” wish.
    •The “Gift of Giving” buff and Lifetime Happiness Points are now given when gifting an elixir from the household inventory.
    •When gifting an elixir from the household inventory only one elixir is sent instead of two.
    •Wall post will be created when a user opens a mystery gift containing Simoleons.
    •Create-A-Sim UI flow fixed so that the use can no longer access other Create-A-Sim menus while eye color picker is still open.
    •Fairy Bloom interaction will now work with the Omni Plant from The Sims 3 base game.
    •Sims that were turned into SimBots via an elixir will no longer revert back to human form after WooHoo in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Caravan.
    •Fixed issues with Supernatural children genetics.
    •“Sweeten Up” interaction can now be completed on Birthday Inferno Cake.
    •Fixed an issue when selecting werewolf to transform while being struck by a witch’s fire blast.
    •Fixed flickering issue on objects after performing the “Midas Touch” interaction.
    •“Midas Touch” interaction will now be able to turn a zombie into a statue.
    •Fixed an issue with conversion spells turning inexpensive items into expensive items.
    •Fixed an issue when trying to buy a SimBot with Lifetime Happiness Points.
    •Turning off the “Spectrum Mood Lamp” will now properly return Sims to their original color.

Store Updates
    •Fixed a potential crash with the launcher that could occur after uninstalling Lucky Palms.
    •Fixed an issue where Store Set icons would appear incorrectly in the Organize Collections pop-up window.
    •Worlds can now be purchased on the Main Menu.

• Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited October 2012
    tink200122 wrote:
    I'll try that, thanks for the idea.

Edit: Ugh, I uninstalled Sims 3 Generations, and now when I try to install it, it says its corrupted and unable to read :evil: OMG :cry: Nothing is working out for me

Edit AGAIN: its working now but not updating. I guess I cant get the patch

Here's a trick that should work. Restart your computer. Rename your Sims 3 folder in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 to The Sims 3 Old. This will force the game to make a new Sims 3 folder. Now, you should not have trouble getting the update to work. HTH

Mylita

Edit to add: Once it has patched, go back, delete the new TS3 folder and rename your TS3 Old folder to just TS3. Now you still have access to your saved games. HTH
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    MDBTSMDBTS Posts: 53 New Member
    edited October 2012
    These pics are great! I'm trying to download the patch but it's 12% yet. :| I think it'll be finished by the next year. :(
  • Options
    fallenangel19910fallenangel19910 Posts: 4,432 New Member
    edited October 2012
    here are some of mine :)

Screenshot-835.jpg

Screenshot-837.jpg

Screenshot-840.jpg

Screenshot-841.jpg

Screenshot-843.jpg

Screenshot-845.jpg

Screenshot-846.jpg

:D
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited October 2012
    Wow :-)Cool patch EA - Thanks! Here are some pictures of my sim on the new dive board.

screenshot_original.jpg"width=640"
    screenshot_original.jpg"width=640"
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited October 2012
    I want my sims to swim in the lake and ocean too :mrgreen::mrgreen: but I can't stand the attraction system. That is my nightmare :x

Can someone who already installed the patch tell me how to avoid this attraction system ?

(...grumble..)
    Probably locked my sims in the their houses or give loner and unflirty trait helps ?
    (..grumble.. sigh....)
  • Options
    SimsTiasSimsTias Posts: 1,622 Member
    edited October 2012
    wzw1177 wrote:
    Bridgeport in fog is same as before. It's not because of this patch.
    Not that much fog. All towns have got an upgraded Skybox. So now players without Seasons will see changing skies.

Look this is how Appaloisa Plains can look like now.

A6aCjRGCQAAbg_g.jpg:large

Even Riverview got fog now.
    Save the Sims Franchise!
    Owner of Simstias.blogspot.se
  • Options
    maxverra1997maxverra1997 Posts: 1,506
    edited October 2012
    too bad the blueprint is for base game stuff only. I would love to see a high end loft, supernatural,m master suite and fast lane stuff blueprints.
    slao what new death type is the one with the bad on the tombstone. you can see it by placing a tombstone out of buydebug than ctrl/shift and click on the tombstone. than you can change it, but there are 3 blank types. one of them has a bat on it the others nothing? what is that?
  • Options
    SimsTiasSimsTias Posts: 1,622 Member
    edited October 2012
    too bad the blueprint is for base game stuff only. I would love to see a high end loft, supernatural,m master suite and fast lane stuff blueprints.
    slao what new death type is the one with the bad on the tombstone. you can see it by placing a tombstone out of buydebug than ctrl/shift and click on the tombstone. than you can change it, but there are 3 blank types. one of them has a bat on it the others nothing? what is that?
    I guess (and hope) The 3 death types is future EP's :D hopefully University!
    Save the Sims Franchise!
    Owner of Simstias.blogspot.se
  • Options
    maxverra1997maxverra1997 Posts: 1,506
    edited October 2012
    already found it it's the death by thirst. the other two are for pets.