Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons Bug Thread

Comments

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,671 Member
    edited October 2012
    This is not a crashing issue, but a couple issues I think should be mentioned.

1. My sim was visiting an island that can only be accessed through the subway. When clicking the "home arrow ->" next to his icon, instead of using the subway, he ran down to the sea, and swam all the way into the city. This is a cc world still under construction, but the subway stations work, it seems that a sim will just not count them as routing higher ranked than swimming. Weird.

2. Reflection on seawater seems to display scenery that exists in the world, but should not bee seen because a ie hilltop above the shoreline would block the view. Say you sit on a beach, facing a city that is all hidden behind a little mountain, it seems freaky that the city reflects in the water...
    reflections-patch.jpg
    (Adding pic showing builds reflected that are located behind that hilltop. Sorry if this is an old glitch, I might just not have been this far down to the water before)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    mewsistermewsister Posts: 137 Member
    edited October 2012
    Twallan's just updated Overwatch which apparently contains a fix for the telescope problem.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Overwatch+Phase+Eight
    what-doth-love-be.gif
  • Options
    Simplyfunny3Simplyfunny3 Posts: 41 Member
    edited October 2012
    Thank you Ea for fixing the horse gallop issue at level 10. Been waiting so long for that fix thank you again.
  • Options
    Lupus777Lupus777 Posts: 10
    edited October 2012
    I have yet to update to the latest patch (waiting on AM and NRaas updates) and this may have already been asked, if so I apologize, but has there been any news on whether the Ghost Hunter profession has been fixed in patch 1.42?
  • Options
    SharMarLovellSharMarLovell Posts: 14 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Hi,

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? Only store content
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods No mods
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) Never used them
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? N/A
    5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ? Both
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.42
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? I've tested my problem with both a new and an existing game
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Existing sim from the sim bin
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Sunset Valley
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Windows 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game. DVD

I've searched the forums and I haven't seen anyone else mention this so maybe it's just me. Since I installed the patch I've noticed when I send my sims collecting rocks that picking up space rocks will erase the queued actions also they can no longer analyse the new space rocks only gift them to someone, space rocks picked up pre-patch could still be analysed.

Picking up gems and metals didn't reset the queue and collecting bugs still seems ok as well. The obvious work around is to not bother collecting space rocks, it's just a shame as they are a nice boost to the finances to your sims when they are first starting out.

Anyway just thought it was worth mentioning it just in case no one else had noticed.

• Options
    siennaSTARsiennaSTAR Posts: 739 Member
    edited October 2012
    Forgot to post this earlier.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? Yes, both, but I know mods well, I'm an avid user of them, and I know mods aren't what's causing these problems.
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? Like I said, I'm aware. But no, I'm not using any big ones.
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) N/A
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version? Yes.
    5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ? Both.
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones? I started a new game.
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? New sim and a premade sim who married and moved in with him.
    9. What town are you currently playing ?EA or Custom ? Sunset Valley.
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Windows 7.
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game. Both, but for Supernatural it's a download version from Origin.

Anyway, I noticed yet another possible bug. While on leave, like maternity leave or in my case the vacation my sim received when she was married, the message for her carpool to arrive came up, but of course she couldn't work because it wasn't her work hours for another two or so days.
  • Options
    tcarnestcarnes Posts: 2
    edited October 2012
    This is my issue and I tried all the fixes except the super patch for now.

Applying DFC Update for 'GameData\Shared\DeltaPackages\p03\code_version.txt'

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? No
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? Yes Twallan's master controller
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)? Took them out
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? Not yet as no updates out yet.
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.39 unless 1.42 works lol
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? both
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Both
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA Supernatural world
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Windows 7
  • Options
    Lovelyblue05Lovelyblue05 Posts: 8
    edited October 2012
    I have problem with my telescope my sims reset when trying to use it and when my sims get Married there Last name does not change. I am really upset :evil: usually i do not have problems with sims 3 patches, so this is my first time going though this. How can i Solve this problem?
  • Options
    KarrterrKarrterr Posts: 1,329 Member
    edited October 2012
    Crin I wanted to let you know a few problems I have encountered in my game since the patch came out. Not sure if these have already been reported or not. I have no CC or mods in my games.

1. My Supernatural Sim is a firefighter and when he goes to work the alarm will go off for a fire but then it stops and goes away before he can even leave the station. This happened in Sunlit Tides.

2. My Supernatural(Fairy and Witch) Sim couple had a baby. It did not give me options for the traits when it was born. Then it received the imaginary friend doll from a relative. The doll disappeared and I could not find it anywhere.

3. My Supernatural Sims had their make up and hairs change out. I had to go to the mirror to change the hair back.

I tried playing 2 different families and had issues so this is a little fustrating with all these glitches. If you know of anything I can do please let me know.
  • Options
    jamiebeck2011jamiebeck2011 Posts: 25 New Member
    edited October 2012
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? no
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? no
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)? never used a mod
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? dont use mods
    5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ? have all eps and stuff packs.
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? existing ones.
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? it was already in a house.
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? sunlit tides
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7? Windows 7
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game? Downloaded from origin.

I noticed when i was in build mode after downloading the patch, counters and over hanging cabnints would not connect to make corner pieces like they used to do. i have to wonder if this is true for the chairs that have this same function as well but i did not try those out. i have never had this happen before the patch. im just reporting that i am having the telescope issue as well and that the diving board seems laggy and sort of frezzes at random points during th animation. But has anyone else experinced the counter issue?
  • Options
    janvel831janvel831 Posts: 140 Member
    edited October 2012
    Hi Crin,
    The problems I am having with the new patch are that my Sims are badly distored when they swim in the ocean and whenever they try to interact with a wild horse they jump out of the action and it cancels. This never happened before the patch.
    I just wanted to add that I reported to you in the SN thread, that I was having a terrible lag since installing SN. I found that it was the collection helper that was causing the lag in my game. Whenever it is turned on the game lags so badly I can not play, but once it is turned off the lag is gone. I thought I would mention this incase anyone else is having an issue with lagging, maybe this will help them.
    Thanks for doing this again, you are always such a great help.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? No mods, only content from The EA Store.

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods N/A

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) Never use them

5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ? Have Supernatural

7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? Playing existing game created with Supernatural.

8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    Playing the same game since the Supernatural EP. I had to start over after installing the EP.

9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA Moonlight Falls

10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Win 7

• Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited October 2012
    1. My female Sim for whatever is now randomly changing into formal clothes for now reason. I change her out of them and she puts them back on. male is not not doing this.
    Sims with the Proper trait tend to 'Formalize' /change into formal clothes randomly. :-)
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited October 2012
    @siennaSTAR: I'll add your report to that. Seems one is related to the other.

@boysenberry: Have not seen any reports on the truck. We have to see

@peoinee: ServiceNPCs have traits. So I think their obsession depends very much on their traits.

I can't sticky. It was the guru shortly after I pestered them about it on their MyPages :P

@Simmerville:

1. I'll add that. Do you have any mods in ?
    2. Is this something new ? I would think it would be very difficult to take all that into account.

@mewsister: Twallan also just pulled that mod, so please remove it :)

@Simplyfunny3: Did you try it out yet ? I had a report in the German forum that it even worse now and looks very funny

@Lupus777: Don't know yet. Didn't have any reports on it.

@SharMarLovell: Yes, according to twallan that is the same bug as the telescope one (has to do with Aliens). I'll add it

@siennaSTAR: I'll add that too and thanks for adding your info

@tcarnes: Try the superpatch. Does it stall with this message ?

@Lovelyblue05: Both already reported.

@Karrterr: Is this a new or existing game ? Did you never have mods or took them out ?

3. All of them ?

@jamiebeck2011: I'll add the counter issue. Did you never use CC as well ?

@janvel831: Could you post your computer specs as well and maybe a picture ? I'll add for now. Thanks for the collection helper info. I shall add that to my lag post.

---

To all: If you downloaded any of twallan's mods after the patch, please remove them. He has pulled them because of crashing issues.

News on the telescope bug: It should go away once we install Seasons (which of course is no consolation for the people that don't want seasons)

Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    mewsistermewsister Posts: 137 Member
    edited October 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    @mewsister: Twallan also just pulled that mod, so please remove it :)

Thanks Crin, I've been watching Nraas for Mod progress and was still waiting on a few, so luckily I haven't patched yet. But I made sure I updated another thread I started so simmers know the Mods have been pulled :).
    what-doth-love-be.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Updated to here.

Don't have much time today but will see to adding some articles to my blog tonight.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited October 2012
    Hi crinrict, here are some problems I've experienced after installing the 1.42 patch:

1. I also have the marriage issue. I used 'private wedding'. After exchanging rings and the following hug, they would 'jump' apart and the screen for moving in would not appear. Hovering over each other's picture in the relationship panel does show them as married, but they've both kept their own names. I used the 'move in together' social interaction under friendly to fix it.

2. Don't know whether this is related to this patch, or whether it was in the game already. It's the first time I'm playing a sim with the 'neat' trait. When you click on the floor on your lot, you get a 'clean house' option, but selecting it will immediately cancel itself out, even though there's a dirty sink and shower and an unmade bed on the lot. Tried it when standing inside the rooms with dirty objects and outside of them, same result.

3. I'm also experiencing routing issues with the greeting cards. A greeting card was against the wall above a desk with a computer on. When I clicked on the computer and selected one of the options, my sim would walk to the computer, but be unable to sit down (triggering the stamping on the floor animation for bad routing). After moving the greeting card back to her inventory, the sim was able to do all interactions with the computer again. Picture of this:

screenshot2146.jpg

4. I didn't see it in the list of Bug fixes EA posted on here, so it might only come with the EP itself, but the ice cream van still showed up in front of my sims' house for a few hours each day.

My game:
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? No cc, no mods
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods No, never used those
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) Only had the one to skip the intro movie, but removed the way tou should days before I installed the patch
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? No mods installed at the moment.
    5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ? Yes, I have Supernatural (have all the EPs and SP except the Katy Perry one installed, and the latest (1.42) patch
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? started a new game after installing patch
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? I used two sims I created in CAS ages ago, but took them freshly from the bin (had not played them in another game and then moved to the bin), so yes, new sims in that respect
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA, Sunset Valley
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game. DVD version
  • Options
    princess0384princess0384 Posts: 417 Member
    edited October 2012
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? Store Content
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? No
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) removed them was using MC and other Twallan's mods
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? New game
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? New
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Moonlight Falls
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Win7
    ISSUE:
    In CAS making a fairy everything works the wings show but when I go into play mode human again. I have tired Vampire, and Witch also its the same thing change to human after CAS. :?:
    IcsaBkL.png
  • Options
    SnapdragonSnapdragon Posts: 955 Member
    edited October 2012
    I think the issue with horses and Sims is worse than just jumping when interacting with a wild horse. I play an existing save with a unicorn as a household member. Whenever a Sim comes near it they spin in circles before they can continue whatever they intended to do. This happens with both active and inactive Sims and one situation I watched suggests that this is not limited to attempts at interacting with said unicorn, as that inactive Sim was merely trying to pass by in order to leave the lot.

And yes, the fix for the racing animation is really "funny" :roll: It looks like an old silent movie on fast forward...
  • Options
    jamiebeck2011jamiebeck2011 Posts: 25 New Member
    edited October 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    @jamiebeck2011: I'll add the counter issue. Did you never use CC as well ?

I only use EA content. So no cc or mods at all. I do use store content along with stuff packs and expansion packs and exchange stuff.
  • Options
    Faith_AndhopeFaith_Andhope Posts: 4,468 Member
    edited October 2012
    Hey crin.

I have not updated to 1.42 yet as I am waiting to see if they will address some of the bugs being reported before I do.

However, I recently got my sister playing and she got the notice for an available game update (1.42) and naively allowed the game to update, not knowing it could cause problems. I have since educated her heavily, and I am sure she will never update again without being prepared.

However, I did want to report on her behalf the following bug.

#1 Whenever she sent a Sim to the dresser to change outfit, it would changer THE SIM! The chosen outfit would be on the Sim, but it would no longer be her Sim; it would be a random Sim. I have NO idea what could cause this, but it happened more than once.

#2 On one occasion she told her Sim to change her outfit and the Sim remained but her facial features had changed.

Could this have to do with new or changed sliders in CAS?

When she updated, she did have Twallan's MC mod in her mods folder. She was running Base Game, Generations and Supernatural. She was previously patched up to 1.39.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? Yes, she had some Twallan Mods (MC, SP, Careers, Relativity) and some CC Hair installed at the time (Like I said, she didn't know "how" to update correctly)
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? Yes, Master Controller
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? After she called me about her problem, I told her to close her game and remove her Mods folder and delete her cache files, then start it up again. Her problem changed from #1: "the entire Sim changing" to #2: "facial features of the Sim were distorted making the Sim look different." (She was NOT using any facial slider mods - only Twallan mods)
    5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ? She had Supernatural already installed and then updated to the 1.42 patch
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? 1.42 when it happened, but after several attempts to play her game, including previous saves of this game with the same result, I had her uninstall and go back to 1.39
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? She was playing an existing game.
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? It was a Sim already in her existing game, a Sim she had created in CAS.
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Moonlight Falls
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game. Digital Download

I hadn't seen this problem reported, so I thought I would share it, since removing the mods folder and deleting the cache files didn't fix it; just changed the behavior.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    PenroyalteaPenroyaltea Posts: 11 New Member
    edited October 2012
    I'm just wondering about the marriage bug, I have it too. Is anything going to be done about it or do we just sit tight until there is another patch and HOPE it will be fixed?

It freezes intermittently now too.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
    CC only no mods in game right now

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods?
    No but I had "no memories" "wohooer" and "no automated computer games" and "careers"

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)All mods removed and CC disabled before install
    No, didn't know I had to. I took them out afterwards.

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
    No I just ook them out.

5. Do you have Supernatural or just the Patch ? both

6. Which Patch Level are you at ?

7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    Existing

8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? CAS in BIN (My own)

9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    EA Sunlit Tides

10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) VISTA
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game? DVD
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    @Corwim:

1. I'll add you report to the issue
    2. Don't know it that's new either. I'll add for now with a question mark
    3. I'll add you report to the issue

@princess0384: That is an issue many people were encountering before. Should be in the SN bug thread. Did you take them to CAS via testingcheats or starting from scratch ?

@Snapdragon: Can you try on a new game ?

@jamiebeck2011: Ok. Thanks. I've added your issue

@Faith_Andhope: Did she remove MC before she tried it ? If so, it might be a problem with MC and I suggest trying without and also removing any custom Slider she might be using. I'm not sure from your report what the status was when she encountered the issues.

@Penroyaltea: You can manually move them in with each other and also the name change. I'm unsure what happens but my guess is that one of the interactions that needs to be done fails and stops the whole process.

For the freezing try to reset all Sims in your town with resetsim *

I'll add your report.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    princess0384princess0384 Posts: 417 Member
    edited October 2012
    Response to the questions asked: I was starting from scratch I also tried the CAS cheat with one of my premade sims to see if it worked.
    IcsaBkL.png
  • Options
    siennaSTARsiennaSTAR Posts: 739 Member
    edited October 2012
    I've noticed two other rather minor things.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but my sim gets presents in the mail on a nearly daily basis. There is no message saying why, but every day he takes a little white and red package out of the mailbox and it rapidly disappears. I checked my family inventory and there's usually one to three random items there. I'm positive that these aren't wedding gifts because after my wedding I received a separate wedding gift message as well as the gifts. I continue to get gifts randomly! Both of my sims are party animals and have parties quite often, so I was thinking that maybe it has to do with parties (being the new parties being added this wouldn't really surprise me). I haven't exactly tested a correlation to see if my sims receive presents right after parties, but it's often enough to bother me. Not that it's a problem, because I usually just sell most of the things (many of them are paintings or wall decorations) for money. But I hate making my sim get his mail all the time.

A second thing I noticed was this, and it happened on two separate occasions: when a visiting sim decides to leave, he or she exits the house and stands on the porch. If I click them, it comes up as if they are waiting to get in, where all of the options are things like "invite inside" and none of them are greyed out as per usual. I usually just ask them to leave and then get on with my day, but I believe this is another bug.

EDIT:

Not sure if it's a Seasons bug, because this is the first time this has happened to me. My sim came home with twins and when she was going to put one into a crib, the routing went crazy, she started walking under the house so that the ground level was about to her shoulders. The fix was easy--all I did was reset her and she and the baby booted right back to the house, but I've never experienced something this strange, I have no idea where she was even going (and I couldn't cancel the action.)
  • Options
    tea_and_bluestea_and_blues Posts: 889 Member
    edited October 2012
    Quite a few people are reporting severe problems with the recent version of Create-A-World, which has actually skipped back a number. It's gone: 1.18.3 -> 1.19.3 -> 1.18.4

Anyone who finds their world files are not loading, or that their worlds do not save, or that Edit In Game is deleting all their lots can report in to this thread with some basic details. There's a general theme to these issues: Lots, EIG, and saving trouble.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/604830.page

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top