Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

another stupid question... come on people :O you can have my axe...

IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member
It's almost december!!
and i'm starting to feel it in my geek bones :D ^.^
you see the hobbit will soon be stomping its way all over the globe ;) (yeeey)
and i have to admid being a big fan of the tolkien books and the lotr movies (and the videogames/mmo ect.) for a long long time (ever since i was a kiddy) :D

i have found lots all over the web (even on this site :) )
and while i know regina was doing the shire as a world (but i have no clue if she ever finished it sadly).
i'm kinda hoping somebody could direct me to a lotr/hobbit kinda world :o ?

i searched and searched but i can't seem to find anything :(
so if anybody knows about a world like this i'd be happy to know ^.^

and i'd be happy enough to give my sword/bow/axe or runestone with you ^.^

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2012
    Nope I have not seen a LOTR world ever finished. Plenty of Harry Potter type worlds - but not LOTR. A while back I saw a few sims made for LOTR as someone had planned on building it - but never finished as far as I am aware. That was a real long time ago - back when CAW first came out - I think it is too Vast and had too many different little Burrow types towns to even make it anything proper - then most of the character at the time was impossible to make - I thought surely after we had horses in game - but to my knowledge even that has not made anyone try that world. Maybe you should ask over at modthesims as they might have heard of someone doing that kind of world in their CAW section.

Nope Regina has not finished the Shire - real life got in the way. She does work on it from time to time, but I guess she doesn't have much time to do any simming now a days.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited October 2012
    ah darnet that's really sad actually lol
    thank you though Writin i didn't really expect to even get a reaction to my question for this in the first place,

i didn't know regina had some irl issues, so hopefully she is doing ok i haven't seen her around this forum in ages but she always was a sweety ^.^

its that i don't know how to make heightmaps from like google maps stuff because the MMO actually has a handy little thing here

http://www.arda-online.com/map/

though i'm not even sure if you can actually grab the heightmaps from this either lol :lol: guess i should look into it, cause i kinda been thinking of like a lothlorien/tinnudir world, even if its based on the game maps it would be fun to run around in with some fairy's ;)
  • Motherlode199Motherlode199 Posts: 3
    edited October 2012
    I'm currently working on a Rivendell/Elven themed world. Unsure when it'll be complete, however :S
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2012
    If you ever want to catch up with Regina, you can find her at Custom Sims 3. She actually ran the site for a good long time, but again RL made it impossible for her to keep up with the site like she wanted to - so she handed the reins over to other members there.

But she does get on the site when she can and your best chance of getting a hold of her is there. I am a member there too, but I honestly haven't been there in a while as since the change - over I had problems with my sign in and just have not dealt with it all. But I will eventually - hehehe

But here's the link -

http://customsims3.com/forums/index.php

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....