Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should I buy seasons from origin?

I don't know if I should.. I love those costumes! But I heard bad things about how Origin has terrible costumer service... I would get the disk version of course, has anyone had a GOOD experience with Origin and bought the disk version from them?

Comments

• Options
    fleshjennfleshjenn Posts: 4,919 Member
    edited October 2012
    nope. game got lost in the mail. showed up 2 weeks late. I sent it back since I had already went and got it from the store, and had too wait another 2 weeks for my refund. which they shorted me a little over 2 dollars, apparently they dont refund sales taxes.
  • Options
    fallenangel19910fallenangel19910 Posts: 4,432 New Member
    edited October 2012
    iv heard very mixed things about Origin with the DVD copies, it's either really good, or really bad...
    i think its gamble. as there is a 50/50 you will have a bad experience.
    i am going Origin, but doing Digital Download, and i haven't had an issue with that.
  • Options
    Linnyxx17Linnyxx17 Posts: 2,016 Member
    edited October 2012
    i used to buy from EA with the sims 2, thinking that since im buying from them i'll get the game on release date. nope never happened always got the game the friday after release date and it would always come at 6pm, and not to mention it was overnight shipping ><, so i made a promise to myself that i would not buy from EA again (since that was the only problem i had was being impatient) so i pre order from gamestop now and pick my games up at 10am when gamestop opens never had a compliant. i want the costumes aswell but i dont think its worth me waiting 72hours for my game to come. plus im sure they'll have cuter ones in the store :D
    tumblr_mamn3vZ7sj1rgw3q8o1_500.gif

* <3 Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming Simming Simming, What do you do? YOU SIM SIM SIM!! <3*
  • Options
    butterfly61butterfly61 Posts: 1,921 Member
    edited October 2012
    I agree with everyone else, I ordered Supernatural from Origin because I wanted the peashooter. After four days of waiting I finally went to Walmart and bought it and it came with the peashooter! Never again.
  • Options
    sue2312987sue2312987 Posts: 92 Member
    edited October 2012
    Its fine if u do the digital download which is what I prefer too do. I at one time had all the Sims2 game and expansions and something happened and I lost all of them so now I just do digital copies. But yea Origin is great if you are doing it that way too.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited October 2012
    Well when i pre ordered the disc version of Pets from Origin, everything went fine and it arrived on time.

I decided i wanted to pre order my next purchase from Game Stop (Seasons) this time so i could do midnight release but since i had such bad luck with my Supernatural purchase from Walmart, EA gave me a coupon for the screw up. Now i have to order from Origins because it would be silly not to get a discount. :roll:
    Again, last time i had no problems but its still possible things could go wrong for anyone.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    lovcatlovcat Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited October 2012
    I don't like the downloads and hate how they limit your installs.. Seems fishy since you bought it.

I order from amazon and get it the release date.
  • Options
    TiralyonTiralyon Posts: 28 New Member
    edited October 2012
    After the blunder with SN I would not buy from origin, at least the disc. Mine showed up a week late and I paid for overnight shipping.

And they gave me that crazy tracking number that did not work to boot.
  • Options
    SummerskydreamerSummerskydreamer Posts: 1,681 Member
    edited October 2012
    I pre ordered Seasons from Origin so i will be able to down load it as soon as it comes out.I do not have adisk i never saw it.I thought it was not coming out till Nov though?
  • Options
    damong63damong63 Posts: 540 Member
    edited October 2012
    I always do the digital download. Easiest way to install or re-install without worrying about lost or damaged disks.