Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Sims and Friends: Share Your Stories!!

Comments

• Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Oh, @CitizenErased14, I'm guessing today's chapter was the picture you were referring to in the conversation here from a few days ago about spoilers? If so, I don't think it was spoilerish at all seeing as how the previous chapter we knew Lucas had gotten all the ingredients. It was only natural to think what would be next. I think a spoiler would have been showing the new Evelyn.

If that wasn't the picture...forget everything I said lol.
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    edited November 2015
    Hahaha @Jes2G that wasn't the picture :tongue:

This spoiler is safe for anyone up to date with my story! (Including you, Jes :tongue:)
    The issue is my last 5 chapters. Should I just never show Evelyn for any of those chapter images? There will be times where it's borderline impossible to not show her haha so I'm struggling with that. But obviously people who haven't read yet will see it and know that she'll be brought back... Hmmm
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    @NewToTheSims Believe it or not, the answer to that question is a spoiler for my story :lol: So (you or anyone else looking at this comment) only click the spoiler button if either you do not plan on ever reading my story (I won't take it personally) or you might read it but you're not bothered by big spoilers :tongue:
    It's what Ambrosia looks like in TS4 :)

snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    @NewToTheSims XD I love winter, but not as much as I love Autumn. :3
    @winterbaby20 Lol I'm a bit of both. I like waking up early in the morning (4 am on the weekends sound about right?) and I LOVE staying up late as well (bedtime between 10 and midnight... Sometimes I'm up past midnight...) Sometimes, both at once... There are occasional times when I stay up until 4 am... then go to bed and wake up at like 6 or 7 am... I know, I'm weird.
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    CandyCadetCandyCadet Posts: 517 Member
    Thanks for all your welcome! So nice~

So you guys want a little about me? Ok I mainly tell stories for Sims 3. Only because I love the customization. I love the change in setting and theme the game lets me to do. Open World being the most important factor of all. It has limitless workarounds giving me freedom to tell stories in different ways. I love to write about drama but I also want it to make sense. So I planned them all carefully so they will have a plot and an ending. Each one lasted for around 25-35 chapters.

My stories also tend to be too realistic, scripted, and immersive. All of them are finished but I'm now working on making new ones. 6 of them, in fact, and I'm already showcasing the first of my new trilogy: Humanity Trilogy. Immerse Your Soul In Love is a story about tragedy and life's unfortunate events just a bit more romanticized. It is also inspired by many forms of media and recent events.

This link is my website: http://thesims3bard.weebly.com/
    You can find more information about my stories there. Though you won't see my previous work until I'm finished with this one.
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    @NewToTheSims I would definitely recommend spa day over the others :) it's a great pack and I love it's content and gameplay. Though I would say there is more gameplay (and a small new world) in Outdoor Retreat but I like the spa day objects a lot more! Spas are just gorgeous and the new skill is very cool. I don't send my sims on holiday all that often :P hope you have fun with whatever pack you buy in the end ^^
  • Options
    Quick question: For those of you who have sims 3, did the launch screen update for any of you? I use origin, if that makes a difference. But... It seems like it's updated somehow... I didn't think EA would still update sims 3...
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
  • Options
    edited November 2015
  • Options
    winterbaby20winterbaby20 Posts: 2,413 Member
    @SilentWolf101 you are not weird at all. A lot of people are like that.
  • Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    @SilentWolf101 Yup - I saw it was getting an update today. I'll have to see if my steam copy gets the same update or not. :)
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options

This spoiler is safe for anyone up to date with my story! (Including you, Jes :tongue:)
    The issue is my last 5 chapters. Should I just never show Evelyn for any of those chapter images? There will be times where it's borderline impossible to not show her haha so I'm struggling with that. But obviously people who haven't read yet will see it and know that she'll be brought back... Hmmm

Ah, I see what you mean. I think my response would be ok to say in mixed company, but just in case you think not, I'll hide it.
    So, I think it would actually be ok to show her! I mean, from the moment little Lucas makes a promise to bring her back, it's expected that at some point she will be brought back. That feeling grows throughout the story, so when the time comes, it's not a surprise but an expectation that was met. I could see why you may want to limit her exposure, but I don't think you should hide her completely. That wouldn't be a spoiler to me. What would be a spoiler is like if you show her and Lucas kissing or something lol. For the record, I neither want nor expect that to happen LOL. Just the first example that came to mind. :p
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Jes2G wrote: »

Ah, I see what you mean. I think my response would be ok to say in mixed company, but just in case you think not, I'll hide it.
    So, I think it would actually be ok to show her! I mean, from the moment little Lucas makes a promise to bring her back, it's expected that at some point she will be brought back. That feeling grows throughout the story, so when the time comes, it's not a surprise but an expectation that was met. I could see why you may want to limit her exposure, but I don't think you should hide her completely. That wouldn't be a spoiler to me. What would be a spoiler is like if you show her and Lucas kissing or something lol. For the record, I neither want nor expect that to happen LOL. Just the first example that came to mind. :p

Your example made me laugh! :lol: But I do see what you mean -- it's not really a surprise, huh? :lol: Okay, so I will probably not shy away from showing her then :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options

Your example made me laugh! :lol: But I do see what you mean -- it's not really a surprise, huh? :lol: Okay, so I will probably not shy away from showing her then :tongue:

Glad you agree :)
    forum_final.png

• Options
    MrsOogieBoogieMrsOogieBoogie Posts: 844 Member
    edited November 2015
    Wooooo Happy Page 800! XD

I've pretty much only been playing Fallout 4 lately since I got it. And just a reminder, you can vote once a day on my Generation 5 Heir Poll ;D

@CitizenErased14 It's all right, don't worry about it. Aww, don't let real life stuff damper your mood in here though! <3 Man, I keep staring at the picture of the food you posted.. Ts4 food always looks so goooood I always wanna eat it XD

@NewToTheSims Whooaa I've never gotten that in Ts4 yet, where they get an illness.. Weird. At least he's fine now! hahaha

@SilentWolf101 LOL Yeah, it does seem that way, that we just keep going back and forth with hello's XD But, uhm.. Hello again! LOL

@mastressalita How did we get into the Sims.. Hmm.. Well, my brother was (and still is) a huge gamer and when the first Sims 1 came out, he suggested it to me because he thought I'd like it. He's more of a console player and I prefer the PC, so that's why he suggested it, too. So, I've been playing Sims ever since. Pretty cut and dry I guess? XD I quickly became obsessed and got some expansion packs for 1, got all of the EP's for 2, and have most of the EP's for 3. I haven't gotten any EP's for 4 yet, but I do plan to in the future. I find Ts4 to be a tad bit boring, but with the help of CC, it's becoming more and more appealing. I'm sure I'll get into Ts4 more when I have more content for it.

@sabreene Welcome to the thread!

@CandyCadet Hey there! Your story sounds interesting! I went over to your weebly and looked at the Intro Arc Scene 1 and 2 and I reeeaaalllyyy liked going through all of the pictures telling a story without a whole lot of words. It was very unique and I found myself wanting to click through the images more and more! Good job, I really love it! ^_^

@everyone *waves* Hello all!
    Post edited by MrsOogieBoogie on
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member

I *love* families on sims :) Probably because I love kids in real life despite not having any of my own :( And I enjoy seeing the genetics that come out in the kids.

On my ISBI experimental game, my sims have ten kids (because I'm terrible at judging how to get twins!). I can't remember the genetics of the 10 kids at the moment but most have their father's eyes and fairy wings. Only two got a good mix of genetics, getting mother's skin colour and father's hair colour, and at least three of the boys are almost identical in colour to their father. And all ten are now children, with the oldest two about to age into teens. And mother is pregnant again because, silly me, I allowed risky woohoo to happen whenever they woohoo and even at a success rate of only 5%, she still got pregnant because they woohoo every chance they get!!

The genetics are always fun, and a bit interesting. When my fifth generation came about, their parents both had black hair. Well, the two boys, one came out with brown hair, and the other blonde. Then they had a girl, and she was naturally blonde. I dyed her hair black though. Then their last kid, another girl turned out blonde too.

And then when Adam, the brown haired kid and his wife had their baby, she was naturally black-haired. Go figure.

The one thing I wanted at least one kid to pick up was their mom's Asian Culture trait.

And the one trait that you want them to have, it takes ages to get! I started a rainbowacy last year and only made it through one generation because I made it a rule that the next heir had to have their mother's red eyes, and their father's red hair and purple skin. They had ten kids before one of them finally had the required colours!!! Mixing genetics is hard :)

I *love* families on sims :) Probably because I love kids in real life despite not having any of my own :( And I enjoy seeing the genetics that come out in the kids.

On my ISBI experimental game, my sims have ten kids (because I'm terrible at judging how to get twins!). I can't remember the genetics of the 10 kids at the moment but most have their father's eyes and fairy wings. Only two got a good mix of genetics, getting mother's skin colour and father's hair colour, and at least three of the boys are almost identical in colour to their father. And all ten are now children, with the oldest two about to age into teens. And mother is pregnant again because, silly me, I allowed risky woohoo to happen whenever they woohoo and even at a success rate of only 5%, she still got pregnant because they woohoo every chance they get!!

The genetics are always fun, and a bit interesting. When my fifth generation came about, their parents both had black hair. Well, the two boys, one came out with brown hair, and the other blonde. Then they had a girl, and she was naturally blonde. I dyed her hair black though. Then their last kid, another girl turned out blonde too.

And then when Adam, the brown haired kid and his wife had their baby, she was naturally black-haired. Go figure.

The one thing I wanted at least one kid to pick up was their mom's Asian Culture trait.

I love genetics too! I think TS4 does genetics extremely well. Sometimes I don't actually play the game. I just go in create-a-sim and mix and match Sims and see who I come out with. :)

I've seen on the Rebuild Willow Creek thread that in CAS, it's a lot easier to compare genetics because the skin colours and eye colours are in little boxes rather than the wheel or the long blended line. That's the part of TS4 that interests me but I'm not going to get it yet because I'm still exploring TS3 :)

@NewToTheSims: No, I'm terrible at judging twins because I keep getting quads!! In my ISBI, my sims had twins, then all-girl quads, then another set of quads! The first twins, I didn't do anything because - as it said in MC, they were having a girl - I knew they were having multiples (because I can't get single girls in my game!!!). The second pregnancy, I don't know what I was thinking but I had the mother watch tv - even though I knew she was having at least twins again - until it said 100% for twins. And I got quads :) The next pregnancy said a boy, so I knew it would be a single but I wanted at least one more for genetic variety. So I got the likelihood of her having twins to 100%... and she had another set of quads!! So as you can see, I'm terrible at judging when I'm going to get twins!!

@mastressalita: You're welcome :) If it works, let me know because I want aliens in my games and I haven't had any sims abducted for nearly a year!!

I got into sims through a couple of my students. I'd been playing Sims Freeplay on my tablet for a while and I got talking to them about it. They both said that they played Sims 3 and that it was great. So when I was in Target next and they had a sale on, I decided to get a couple of discs. I think I got the base game, MonteVista, Generations and Dragon Valley. I wasn't greatly impressed when I first started playing because my sim never had time to do anything, the clock went so fast. But then one student told me about the cheats and from there, I was hooked :)

• Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Hi there everybody,I've just gotten the entire Winfield collection of pictures uploaded into it's Flickr album and have to work on the rest of the glitched albums.I also managed to avoid this latest update for Sims 3 since I don't want to be stuck without my Mods.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    thesealofthesimsthesealofthesims Posts: 722 Member
    Boy, I really dropped the ball this time. Sorry about that.

@Jes2G: Sounds fun. Of course, I also like seeing the mixes I get with marrying my Sims. I remember one generation, my Sim married a girl with dark skin and blonde hair. They had two kids, a girl and a boy. The girl got her mom's skin tone and her dad's brown hair. The boy got his dad's skin tone and his mom's hair. Guess that's why two of my current generation ended up blonde.

@Julyvee94: Hi there. Always nice to have a new face. Sims 2, one of my favorites, if not for the whole closed world thing. Still, a good game.

@MrsOogieBoogie: Yep, and boy, was he tough. I tried everything - standing up, the ground, anything. But finally, I managed to open him up a bit. One thing I did learn while fighting him. Don't go after a finish once I knocked him down. St-Pierre, even when rocked, was still dangerous. Well, right now, I'm on the normal level, and I don't know if I really want to go any higher. The fighters already use all their tricks. I guess I'll just ask, does St-Pierre still fight? If this was any indication, he must be big in the UFC. In fact, a few of these guys, Okami, Bisping, Silva, and now St-Pierre, I wouldn't mind seeing in action.

@NewToTheSims: Couldn't help but jump in, but I couldn't agree more. I don't know what was up, but I don't want to know. All I do know is, all of us have our share of RL drama, and that's what I like about this place. No drama.

@PeachyKeen88: Hey there.

@SilentWolf101: I'm sure I will. It's not that I'm deliberately slow in reading. It's just there's so much I want to do. But I do plan to read everything I have saved in my favorites.

@mastressalita: Well, I remember my first game was The Sims 2. I was on another forum, my first forum, actually, and I looked in on a few conversations about The Sims as a series. So, I wanted to try it. My first game was actually Sims 2 for GameCube, and I was really, really disappointed. But I guess that was to be expected from a console knock-off. Then, I tried Sims 2 for real, and I enjoyed it. I admit, I was at first a bit put-off by the idea of Sims having sex, but I was well old-enough to play. Been going ever since. I really enjoyed the level of customization of the Sims 3, so I think I'm a bit spoiled now.

@msbeckycat: How many are you shooting for?

@sabreene: Welcome.

@CitizenErased14: Nice. Congrats on that milestone. :D

@CandyCadet: I like your approach. Realism helps make the story, since not everything can translate from the game to the page. It sounds like you put a lot of work into your stories, and I respect that. I might just have to check yours out. I also like a realistic approach to my stories. My only two Sims stories right now deal with kind of the pressures of an early-married life, and I threw in some of the financial strains of today's world in there too. But I also plan to include just how it can be all worthwhile. In fact that's kind of the whole premise.

@MayaRose1138: It's even harder when it's hard to make the intended mom a part of the household. My first attempt at bringing a Sim from Shang Simla into the home was a disaster. Only thing I could figure is because she was a random NPC because when I asked Sun Young Kim to stay, she did without any problems. Wow, 10 kids to get the right colors! :astonished: And I thought I had it tough with four kids.

I don't think I missed anyone, but if I did, I'm sorry.

Well, in other news, I got my latest "sports" addition, WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010. I picked that one because it was listed as one of the 1001 video games you must play before you die (as are Sims 1, 2, and 3). I haven't tried it yet. I'm pretty excited about completing my MMA fighter's career. 48 fights and then they force retirement, and I'm coming down to it. So, I want to finish that one off first. At the rate I'm going, it won't take long. I just hope it works. So far, the Vintage Stock I bought it from hasn't done a good job of impressing me.
  • Options
    AneyLupozAneyLupoz Posts: 57 Member
    Hey everyone.
    School has been kicking my butt. My sims had to be removed from my laptop and the backup drive that I had saved everyone on is, well, gone.
    I'm finally able to get stuff done, but I don't think I'll be able to continue my stories. -_- I might start over, I don't know yet. I'm just frustrated and lots going on. Birthday was on Monday and I treated myself with a PS4 so there's that.
    I hope to get back and connected.

Aney aka Swish
    I am calling, calling out. Spirits I am calling.
    To be with you longer...
    Watch in awe, heavenly glory.
    8318967_orig.png
    Inner Universe
  • Options
    NewToTheSimsNewToTheSims Posts: 1,160 Member
    @thesealofthesims Yes, I love that you share that viewpoint. :smiley: *high fives*
  • Options
    @NewToTheSims XD Yeah. Happy 800!!!!! Also, I think that there is a mod...
    @thesealofthesims Alright. Enjoy! :)
    @AneyLupoz *hugs* I'm sorry about your games getting lost. :( If you weren't far into the story, it's always possible to restart? Or you could go back and play it all over again up until that point.
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    Screenshot-6_zpsqx32dlmx.jpg
    Alisson and Bryon's house so far that is being built one room at a time when money allows
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    @THESEALOFTHESIMS: Haven't decided yet
  • Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    I'm adjusting pictures for a family tree and the shortcuts are ctrl-I and ctrl-F ....IF... I want to play with imaginary friends now.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    I shared this over in the Writer's Lounge and thought you guys might get a kick out of it too. Methinks someone is trying to score some brownie points!

11-13-15_94651nbspPM_zpsvzf24iyo.png
    forum_final.png

• Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    *howls with laughter* Oh @Jes2G , funny pictures of Grim, you know just how to make my day!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges