Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Sims and Friends: Share Your Stories!!

Comments

• Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    @CitizenErased14 : I think the fact I haunt the Sims 4 Stories and Legacies section too, despite the fact I don't even own nor play the game, already speaks volumes on my own thoughts and feelings without me actually having to write a tome. ^_~ In any event, you can't escape me no matter what you do, mwahahaha! So you might as well just make yourself at home here, grab a cuppa, enjoy your stay, and oh! Here's a free kitten! *hands over a free kitten*

@Julyvee94 : A familiar face indeed! Hi July! Welcome, grab a cuppa!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    NewToTheSimsNewToTheSims Posts: 1,160 Member
    @CitizenErased14 Yes, that's exactly right, no one wants to fight. I'm pretty sure we all have enough real life drama that when we go to play Sims, or come in these forums, we just want to relax and chit chat among friends. LOL. I'm glad you're better now. So. Are you working on any projects or are you still working on finishing up your story?

LateKnightSimmer
  • Options
    MrsOogieBoogieMrsOogieBoogie Posts: 844 Member
    Woooooo leaving work in about fifteen minutes. *can't wait to get home*

@CitizenErased14 Deleting it was the right choice haha

@winterbaby14 Thanks, I am! ^_^ I hope you are, as well!

@Julyvee94 Have fun while you're in game! :smiley:

@NewToTheSims Whatchu up to today giiiirrrlll?
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    @NewToTheSims Still just working on finishing my story :) Then I plan on taking a little break form SimLit for a couple weeks to FINALLY play Fallout 4. Then I'll revive my other story (which is currently on hiatus) but give it a more relaxed update schedule :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    @CitizenErased14 : I've just sort of decided that with D2D so close to ending, I may as well just wait now, but I've been very tempted to go start "(Para)Normal Neighborhood" after reading "The First Night". I feel like I shouldn't, like I should just wait until it resumes once D2D has completed, but "The First Night" was such a delectable teaser that I feel so compelled to do so anyway... >_>
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    @CitizenErased14 : I think the fact I haunt the Sims 4 Stories and Legacies section too, despite the fact I don't even own nor play the game, already speaks volumes on my own thoughts and feelings without me actually having to write a tome. ^_~ In any event, you can't escape me no matter what you do, mwahahaha! So you might as well just make yourself at home here, grab a cuppa, enjoy your stay, and oh! Here's a free kitten! *hands over a free kitten*

@Julyvee94 : A familiar face indeed! Hi July! Welcome, grab a cuppa!

Yay coffee! *grabs* I also brought muffins for EVeryone ^^ one of my sims is named Sandra Muffin XD

@CitizenErased14 I'm still sooooooo excited for the end of your story ^^ of course you know that already
  • Options
    @MrsOogieBoogie I figured as much haha. I hope you don't think badly of me. I've been going through a LOT of 'real life' drama lately that I think has affected how personally I'm taking things.

@mastressalita Hahahaha it's totally up to you :tongue: I think it's awesome that you are interested in my stories, by the way, so thank you! :) I will say that once D2D is over I will probably take a week or two off to play some fallout 4 and take a break from writing in general before PNN comes back. But I'm definitely excited to get back into that story! It's so fun and so much 'lighter' than D2D, which makes a nice hcange hahaha

@Julyvee94 :heart: Me too! I can't believe we're so close! :open_mouth:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    PeachyKeen88PeachyKeen88 Posts: 652 Member
    Hi everyone!

Thanks @CathyTea for the mention and I'm super excited to be a part of this thread! I rarely venture outside of TS4 stories board - so I'm very happy that you brought my attention to this one. Looking forward to expanding my simlit library!
  • Options
    All right. Now on to those other replies I said I'd get to earlier.

@Simslover163 @Jes2G @CathyTea Hello!
    @MayaRose1138 Hmm well then maybe we should start up a real conversation instead. LOL. Question when you said this because I'm terrible at judging how to get twins!) did you mean that you kept getting twins? Or that you wanted twins but didn't know how to get them?
    @RebornMonster *high fives* The instructor was. She was incredibly surprised, and she was like 'If you can't parallel park this truck, I won't hold it against your score,' which was awesome of her, but I parallel parked that thing flawlessly and she was even more shocked I'm surprised she didn't faint. LOL. But she was surprised. Heeheee yeah, dishes are not really the most fun chore in the world, although I do enjoy when they are clean and out of my way. See you when you get back! <3
    @mastressalita Ahh yeah, I'm much less of a forum person when it comes to trying to fix techy things, I usually try to figure it out myself or ask a friend who's been playing Sims for a long time. A lot of times the answers on the threads are always "Get this mod" and I'm like, there's got to be a different way to do the same thing without installing a mod. I have a few, like pose player, and omsp, and time shift, but I only install mods that I think enhance my personal game, and I do not believe that the game is un-playable without those mods. The game is perfectly fine without them and it works fine, so I don't often visit those NRAAS threads because those people have a completely different opinion about gameplay than I do, and they are convinced you cannot play the Sims without those mods. It's fine because that's how they want to play, and I'm not going to tell them otherwise. Oh and about your alien abduction question, I have heard that you need to look through the telescope at night, I forget which hours are the prime time for that, but that, plus if you look through space rocks, there's also a chance as well.
    @Julyvee94 Hey there! Welcome to the thread! Ooh TS2 and TS4? That's a new combination I've never seen before. That's cool! ^_^ Hope you had fun in your game. Mmmm you brought muffins? *graciously accepts* *hands plate of banana bread*
    @winterbaby20 How are you today? Ooh you're going to use Joshua? How cool. He'll be happy to know he's getting a spot in a story! <3
    @thesealofthesims LOL. Nice. Ooh five generations? Awesome. Also, nice job on your video gaming stuff. ^_^ Kick some butt!
    @MrsOogieBoogie Ooh cool, have fun with Fallout! Hmm... well I played a bit of my TS4 Rebuild Willow Creek save, my guy Sim Glasgow, actually got like all these red welts on him, IDK, it said it was from illness? But he kept scratching, so I can only conclude he got the chickenpox, or was eaten by mosquitoes, or tried to be friendly with a hive of bees. Either way, the tea I was having him drink to heal himself wasn't making those red welts go away so I gave in and just bought him a bottle of medicine which he proceeded to chug. It did the trick though and he's fine now. LOL. O_O
    @CitizenErased14 Oh very cool! Eee, haha Fallout 4 sounds like it'll be a lot of fun. I've had a few friends be excited about that one, hope you have a great time with it too.
    @PeachyKeen88 Hi! Welcome to the thread! Hope you enjoy your stay, however long or short or sporadic it may be! :smiley:

LateKnightSimmer
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    @NewToTheSims Haha I do hear that a lot. I kind of missed TS3. I wasn't able to afford it when it came out so I just kept playing TS2 and totally forgot all about it xD When I heard that some people were having lag issues with the expansion packs I just didn't get it and waited for TS4 instead :) Oh, Banana bread! *yum*
  • Options
    @Julyvee94 Ohh makes sense. I didn't play Sims before TS3 because I didn't know about it. LOL. Even then, TS3 had been out for like 3 or 4 years already when I bought myself a new copy. I had been playing Facebook games (thumbs down LOL) and console games before then. But one day I was like I'm tired of waiting on this fake item from my FB friend... I should go buy a real computer game. At the time I had been playing The Sims Social on FB, and yeah... not fun when you have to wait for the fourth bedpost of your Sims bed to arrive before your Sim can sleep on it. LOL. So I remembered my sis showing me TS3 a few years ago, and thought, hmm, I should just buy the full copy of the Sims. And then it was all downhill from there, LOL, I'm just kidding, but that's how I got started playing and I am so glad I did.

LateKnightSimmer
  • Options
    winterbaby20winterbaby20 Posts: 2,413 Member
    @NewToTheSims i'm good and about to go to school for my night class
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    @CitizenErased14 Yes, that's exactly right, no one wants to fight. I'm pretty sure we all have enough real life drama that when we go to play Sims, or come in these forums, we just want to relax and chit chat among friends. LOL. I'm glad you're better now. So. Are you working on any projects or are you still working on finishing up your story?

LateKnightSimmer

I have no RL drama...that's why I play The Sims LOL. j/k sorry...couldn't resist!
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    Actually, @NewToTheSims I'm with @Julyvee94 - avid TS2 and TS4 fan. Although I did eventually get TS3, I didn't play it much - especially compared to TS2 nor did I fall in love with any my characters the way I did with Penelope Curious...yes Pascal's daughter. The obsession just wasn't there. Now, when I'm feeling toddlerless I pop over to 2 normally. Although reading all these 3 stories has me wishing I could make my 3 work better. You all have some lovely looking sims.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    @NewToTheSims: :3 I believe I did for sure. I think I'll try to keep my chapters around a medium length.

@RebornMonster *hugs* Have fun on your trip!

@thesealofthesims Thank you. :) I do hope that you enjoy the story when and if you get the chance. :) And thank you for the feedback on my poll! :)

@mastressalita *hugs* YAY! Getting to play the sims is definitely enjoyable! Sorry to keep you waiting so long, life is a bit unpredictable. XD Also, the forcing of an alien abduction (I think) can be done through the mailbox. Also, the telescope. :)

@MrsOogieBoogie Heyo! It seems like we mostly just say hi back and forth. :3

I will apologize beforehand, sometimes there will be points where the sims in the pictures look a LITTLE weird. It is the fault of the poses.
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    @Jes2G LMAO. Touche. XD You are too funny.
    @winterbaby20 Ahh, have a good time at class.
    @SilentWolf101 Hey! How are you? I looked at your chapter yesterday and left you a comment on your blog. ^_^
    @ra3rei Ooh cool :smiley: I do remember watching my sis play TS2, after I'd already bought TS3, and her TS2 toddler was playing in the toilet!! O_O I had to say I was glad TS3 toddlers don't do that because I do not want that happening. LOLL.

LateKnightSimmer
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Ah, that's a really interesting discussion topic... @everyone: How did you get into Sims? What was your first game and how were you introduced to it?

I remember hearing about the Sims long ago, but being an avid fan of simulation style games (you have no idea how many hours I've clocked on Harvest Moon games... it's sad) I had decided for myself to never get it because I knew it would take over my life, hahahaha! Then I just sort of forgot about it for years and years, until a YouTube reviewer I liked had an alternate channel where he played/talked about the Sims. I'd blown through all his movie reviews but really wanted more stuff by him, so I started watching those videos, and got obsessed and thought, "Okay, I've finished college now, I need this in my life!" TS4 had just come out at the time, for a whopping $70, which kinda gave me sticker shock, and I wasn't too keen knowing that new expansions, add-ons, and most importantly, game patches would be coming out for it for years and years to come still. And I've always been one of those people quite happy with "older" stuff anyway, especially if that means it is "complete." So I checked on Steam to see if Sims 3 was there, and it was. $30 to get the base game plus one expansion pre-bundled, and I bought that last year just after Christmas, and promptly got hooked. I've been adding expansions since then (have most, still missing a few). I would love to get the older Sims games like The Sims or Sims 2 and kinda wish they were on Steam as well, since that would be easier for me than having to hunt down the disks (and I don't have an Origin account), but ah well. (I have been enjoying watching a Sims 2 LP on YouTube, and am hoping to check out some of the TS2 SimLit @CathyTea recommended sometime soon! That game looks so fun, I'm really sad I missed out on it!) I have a feeling I probably won't get Sims 4 until like, Sims 5 is coming out, hahaha. Only because by then all the content/patches for it will be rolled out. But who knows. For now there is so much in Sims 3 I still have yet to do, I've hardly even scratched the surface of all the things I can do in it.

I feel like I've really missed out getting into the fandom so late, but at the same time, it's probably a good thing I discovered it after I finished college, to be honest! ^_^

@PeachyKeen88 : Why hello there! Welcome! I don't think we've met yet, though I do pop my head in around the Short Story Challenges and Book Club thread from time to time. I'm @mastressalita , a Sims 3 story author and the maintainer of a user-submitted SimLit link directory, the Stories and Legacies Index, which welcomes links from all authors, whether brand-new or established, no matter what sort of format their story takes or no matter what game they use for their work. Please feel free to hang out and jump into any conversations you like. ^_^

@NewToTheSims / LateKnightSimmer : That sounds like an adorable interaction, but they are quite a handful already, aren't they? Hey, at least cats on Sims 3 can play in the toilet! ^_~

@MayaRose1138 : Thanks, that mod might be just what I need, because from everything I've read, using a telescope doesn't guarantee an aduction, only increases the chances from 2% by another 5%, and I don't want to sit there endlessly waiting for a random event to occur just to get a few story shots! I will check and see if it's one of the mailbox options, but if it isn't, I think I'll plop in the mod that makes using a telescope give a 98% chance and then just remove it after I get the images I need. Thanks!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    @mastressalita Great question! :) I have played The Sims ever since the original :open_mouth: Back when I was in elementary school, we had Sims City on the computers in the computer lab, and I LOVED to play it. As soon as I heard that they were coming out with a version where you could control individual families (rather than the entire town) I was SO excited and begged my parents to get it for me :lol:

I was 11 when it came out, and was hooked instantly! I've gotten every Sims game since, along with all the EPs. It's basically been part of my life for the past 15 years. I go through periods of time where I get kinda bored and stop playing for a while, but I ALWAYS find myself coming back to it. This is gonna sound super cheesy, but these games have been a part of my life for So long, so they mean a lot to me!

I didn't join the online community until I started writing SimLit just this past July though! I was very very very late to the party in that regard :lol: I'd been loving the games and fangirling over them on my own for so long that it was great to be able to finally interact with others and share my love of the games with them :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    @mastressalita Cats playing on the toilet seems more normal, dogs and stuff, like that's what pets do. LOL. It just, IDK, seems unnaturally dirty for a toddler to be doing. LOL. But maybe I'm just thinking of if a toddler was playing with the toilet in RL, I'm fairly sure the parents would not appreciate that.
    @CitizenErased14 OMG, you're a veteran Sims player! That is so cool. 15 years? <3 I have been playing for two years. LOL.

LateKnightSimmer
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @mastressalita: I started playing around 2002, with the first iteration of the game. Granted, I could only with friends, as my parents wouldn't actually buy the game for me. Something about the T rating and sims getting naked with they bathed. :p

I got TS3 back in late 2011, right around the time Pets was released, so that was the first copy I owned.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    @NewToTheSims Oh why thank you! I'll check it out now! And I'm doing great, how about you?

@mastressalita I got started by watching Markiplier play one episode of sims 4. Then, I asked my parents for sims 4 for Christmas. They said it was the equivalent of 🐸🐸🐸🐸 (woohoo), so instead they got me sims 3. I've been playing ever since.
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    @everyone @mastressalita

Ah - I'm like you @mastressalita, I heard about it Sims when it first came out - avid SimCity and SimCity 2000 player myself and I though "What is that? Why would I want to play a game like that. That seems stupid." And promptly forgot about it. Although I loved Maxis's humor in SimCity (llama was the cheat code for everything!) and saw the similarities in Sims. I haven't figured out how to find/play the first game.

Then a few years ago I was in the bookstore that has used games and saw TS2 out for like 10 dollars and decided at that price, I could probably afford it. You know, just to try it. TS3 had already come out - but like you I though why buy that when there's a completed game here. I was hooked immediately. I ended up playing and loving it and buying all the expansions used...at like 5 bucks a piece (expect a few I still had to buy at full price). I had a complete neighborhood (Strangeville) that I played everyone and kept careful track to age folks up properly and such. And occasionally would get a new expansion as I found it in the store. But I didn't write much. Mainly organized and timelined.

When TS3 was on sale once, I bought it and a few expansions. Eventually about a year before 4, I stopped playing 2 and started only playing 3. I also found out about simlit from the Carl forums and the immortal challenge. I dabbled a bit and someone could probably find my old thread with a half started story on it. But I didn't really catch onto it and I only bought the final expansions when 4 was due to come out to complete the set and because I had the money then. I don't actually think I ever took anyone to university in that game. ..yet ? Maybe I'll try it out.

When TS4 came out I decided I would buy everything for it no matter what and d*mn the price. But I have a decent job so that works out. I'm really enjoying watching it grow and improve as I play. Which I never really knew what the base games were like before. And I knew they would be gouging me for money, but I accepted it. I had already started my blog with writing stories from Skyrim (I will finish that someday I hope) and so it was natural to do the same with sims. But I did it in a vacuum at first. Eventually I found these forums. Right now my blog is completely sims, but maybe someday it won't be again.

On the plus side, I'm writing again for the first time in over 5 years. :D
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    @InfraGreen Hello!
    @SilentWolf101 Heehee you're welcome. Hmm I'm all right I think. It's been gloomy all day. T_T But otherwise it's fine. The sun came out just in time for sunset. -__- I wasn't impressed. Although I didn't mind the rain, I did mind the overcast sort of blah feeling.
    @ra3rei Aww that's super cool that Sims got you back into writing... if I understood you correctly. Heeeehee. Sims sparked my creativity for sure, I never wrote before I discovered Sims. Well, like book reports and papers for school, but I don't count that as actually writing. LOL.

LateKnightSimmer
  • Options
    @NewToTheSims Yeah - I wrote exclusively from about age 10 to 24. Then I discovered anime and then I got a full time job. I was just bemoaning the fact that I haven't had a new story idea since my twenties and hadn't written since I got my full time job when BAM! This week I realized that I was cured. I have soo many ideas right now, I can barely function. (Hopefully I can calm that back down). Sure they're all sims stories, but I don't care. They're MY stories. :D
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    I am just seeing how many generations will be in my household