Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Sims and Friends: Share Your Stories!!

Comments

• thesealofthesimsthesealofthesims Posts: 722 Member
    @ra3rei: Well, I know that feeling. My reading list, here and otherwise, just keeps growing. There's a lot of good stories, that's for sure.

@MrsOogieBoogie: I like RPGs, but I'm not too good at shooters. I used to play MapleStory, but our internet sucked. Just brought that up since you mentioned games like that. All fun genres though. I don't watch as fervently as you, but I do know some names, like Anderson Silva. I managed to KO him multiple times with my fighter, a kickboxer nicknamed Quick Silver. I'm hoping they'll let me return it since I bought it on a sale. But sale or not, I think they owe me something for this.

@SilentWolf101: I can only imagine what it must have taken to write that long story. Of course, I wrote my share of those. One of my Fire Emblem stories was so large, I figured I'd have to write it in four "books."

@everyone: So, how is everyone on this fine day?
  • SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    @thesealofthesims XD Yeah, I agree.

So, I've finally gotten around to playing my Pets Rescue story, and am currently getting some photos of the story and playing it and am finally writing the first chapter! Fair warning, there will be some sad moments. :P
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • CandyCadetCandyCadet Posts: 517 Member
    I debuted the first episode of my story today at my own website: http://thesims3bard.weebly.com/
    First Episode
    Thread

Enjoy! :kissing_closed_eyes:
  • MrsOogieBoogieMrsOogieBoogie Posts: 844 Member
    Popping in to say hey and that I hope everyone is having a nice Sunday. :smiley:

I posted my generation 5 heir vote this morning, and if anyone wants to vote tha'd be super appreciated! If you're not caught up with the story but still want to vote, that's okay, too, if you don't mind spoiling yourself ;D It closes in one week.

Generation Five Heir Vote

@ra3rei Aww awesome! I'm glad you enjoyed it ^_^ Hahaha yeah, there not being a link there to start a new generation can be a good thing! ;D

@thesealofthesims Well, I hope you do get at least something in return for it. Ahh, Anderson Silva, a very popular name in the UFC right now. Oh, I've never played MapleStory before, it looks very cute though ^_^

@CandyCadet Welcome to the thread. :smiley:

@RipuAncestor @SilentWolf101 and everyone else *waves*
  • SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    @MrsOogieBoogie *waves back*
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • NewToTheSimsNewToTheSims Posts: 1,160 Member
    I woke up feeling not sick.. Finally. LOL. I still have a cough and I don't sound normal, but I feel so much better, thankfully. You know you feel better when you're excited to be well enough to do laundry and wash dishes. LOL. Or is... it... that I'm still sick and delusional enough to want to do house chores... ROFL. XD

@CandyCadet Hey! Welcome to the thread!
    @winterbaby20 @kittycatcali *waves* Hi guys! How are you today?
    @CitizenErased14 Ahh, yeah, I heard the whole replacing default animations was how they were able to use poses in TS4, and it sounded not appealing, but now that there's Pose Player, that's great! I love Pose Player, it's so handy. I can see though, with the game still being new that there aren't a whole lot out there.
    @thesealofthesims LOL, oh if only they'd shut down Disneyland for everyone but you, no lines, no annoying other people. Hahaha. XD OooOoo I usually play RPG video games, and shooters as well. I used to play Street Fighter on the arcade machines with my mother, but I don't have very many just punch-fighting in a ring type games for my console. I like more mission style games.
    @SilentWolf101 Oooh! Nice. :) LOL, it's okay.
    @ra3rei Oh no, LOL, if you're looking for something that won't interfere with sleep, you better not read mine then LOL, it's got a lot of chapters too. XD
    @MrsOogieBoogie LOLL. Indeed. Opening it is always the first step. XD I didn't open mine for five years, so it's okay. Hahaha, I got it as a wedding gift, but I have like, zero counter space, small kitchen with not a lot of counters, so that's why. But. I am so glad I did open it. I think I have an idea of where to put it when I'm not using it, which is good. There's like grilling utensils in the bottom of one of my cabinets, so I thought I'd put the utensils in the slow cooker LOL, and then maybe rearrange some of the pots and pans I have in there. I think it will work.
    @RipuAncestor Ooh nice! I can relate on the accomplishment feeling, I've never done NaNo, but I have finished one of my Sims stories before, and I felt a huge sense of accomplishment, that was so nice. Oh I love rereading stuff I've written before too, it's kind of a nostalgic feeling too, especially from stuff I'd written 2 years ago.

LateKnightSimmer
  • winterbaby20winterbaby20 Posts: 2,413 Member
    @NewToTheSims hey! i'm doing good. how are you doing
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    @MrsOogieBoogie Thanks for the tip about poses! I've done a little tumblr browsing, but I bet if I dig deeper, I can find a lot more!

@SilentWolf101 Long stories can be so hard haha especially if you pressure yourself to get caught up and stuff. That's part of why I prefer to read finished stories, actually. No pressure to catch up, you can read at your own pace!

@ra3rei *waves frantically to a fellow TS4 buddy* :)

And I will throw this here too :lol:

Dz6HnJG.jpg
    snvAF3B.png
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I like all the discussion, but don't have much to say right now. Oh well. :-\

ANYWAYS:

6q2iaeA.png

“Is she all you care about?” Franco asked.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    @CitizenErased14 *waves back* we're helping to break down the ts3/ts4 borders!
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • EmmaBarbieEmmaBarbie Posts: 5,836 Member
    Good news and bad news.

Bad news is my headphones aren't playing right anymore. Slightly muffled, echoey, kinda fuzzy sound and doesn't play voices. Thankfully I have a spare pair of head phones though only one ear works :P

Good news, I've put all my words into Google Docs one chapter at a time to count them and I've written 17,938 words. I wish I could celebrate but I've only got a strawberry candle to smell XD

how's everyone? :)
    You're too late.
    @NewToTheSims That sounds like a challenge...plus ooh - apocalypse. I like those. :D
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Lckygrl1975Lckygrl1975 Posts: 1,582 Member
    edited November 2015
    Morning Guys,

@MrsOogieBoogie, Hi and how was your weekend?
    @NewToTheSims, Hi and how is that cough now?
    @RebornMonster, Hi, How was your weekend
    @ValoisFulcanelli, Morning, I prefer getting my working day over with, do you like that shift you do? I remember clopck watching and it was horrible.
    @CitizenErased14, Hi and how are you?
    @winterbaby20, Hi, how are you feeling this week?
    @CandyCadet, Hi and welcome :)

I wrote on Saturday and then had a lazy day yesterday in front of the TV which I don't do very often, mind you having new sofas helped :)
    PPHeader_zpsacc5170a.jpg</a>
    @Lckygrl1975 hey. I feel great. I'm finally back in my writing space so i feel relieve. I was out of that space for a while and i missed it
    @SilentWolf101: Sometimes those sad moments can really be effective. Is your story in the index or through your sig? I might want to check it out when I get the chance.

@CandyCadet: Good for you. :) I'll have to look at it.

@MrsOogieBoogie: Where can I find your poll? No kidding. I mean, buying used is always a gamble, but they at least owe me some assurance that the game works. I've heard from other people that they don't have problems with it. I'll have to take your word for it, since I don't follow the UFC, but when I fought him, he was tough, and they always like to go for how the athletes are in games like that. Just curious, do Yushin Okami and Michael Bisping still fight? They were two of my toughest opponents - they beat me twice, and during my fighter's career, Bisping was the champ. It was pretty fun, MapleStory. Would have even been more fun on a good connection.

@NewToTheSims: Well, I'd say pick one in that area. If you don't normally do chores, I'd say delusional. :lol: Yeah, if only. No one to get in the way, no pushing, shoving. Of course, one thing would make it better - no Frozen. No offense to anyone here, but I hate that movie, and with Disney pushing it the way they are, I'd probably go nuts. :tongue: Well, Punch-Out!! is a pretty good one. Of course, I got into Fight Night Round 3, just because I liked the idea of boxing 'real' big names, like Oscar De La Hoya, and of course, Ali himself. Even without following the sport, I know a few names.

@CitizenErased14: *low whistle* 93 chapters. Now, that is impressive. :D How did you make your sigs? I might like to try that myself.

@InfraGreen: I've been there too.

@EmmaBarbie: You should see the word counts to some of my stories, not counting A/N's. :tongue: Still, that's an impressive amount of words. I'm doing fine. How are you? I took my first look at Dragon's Lair yesterday. It was a tad annyoing having to replay some scenes over and over, but it was a very unusual game. I like it.

@Lckygrl1975: Gotta love those lazy days, although I prefer my games to TV, well except for shows like MasterChef and my Washington Capitals.

@winterbaby20: Boy, could I use a writing space. It's tough to write with everyone buzzing around you, even the dog. Plus, I've got some nosy family members, so I hate writing around them.
    @thesealofthesims Hahaha don't let the number fool you. There are stories with less chapters that are actually longer (word-wise) than mine, because my chapters are relatively short (my average is like 1200 words or so). And it's almost done :open_mouth: 100 is such a nice number :lol: So I had to go for it :tongue:

As for my signature, I did part of the editing of the individual pictures in a program called Paint.Net. Then I did a little more editing in Photoscape, and also used Photoscape to turn the images into a gif :) Both are free programs! They're great.
    snvAF3B.png
  • NewToTheSimsNewToTheSims Posts: 1,160 Member
    @InfraGreen @EmmaBarbie Hey peeps! *waves*
    @winterbaby20 @Lckygrl1975 I think I'm all right, I thought my cough had gone away yesterday for the most part last night, but it came back. I am not impressed. Oh well, at least I have multiple cans of soup. I haven't had an illness last this long in a while, so it's making me angry, but I an trying to just deal with it nevertheless.
    @ra3rei Haha yeah, the apocalypse challenge, it's a nitty gritty one, I'm pretty slow at updating it, but am still writing it, just as an fyi. :blush:
    @thesealofthesims Ahh, it's cool that you don't like Frozen. I like that Let it Go song, but everyone has their own reasons for stuff. Haha, well I normally do chores otherwise my house would be more of a disaster than it already is. LOL. Ooh fun, that's cool to know those names in boxing even if you don't follow the sport. Hehe, then you can name drop. LOL. Awesome. :blush:
    @CitizenErased14 @ra3rei THERE. ARE. NO. BORDERS. I bought TS4 as well, and currently play both TS3 and TS4. I feel like these imaginary borders were put up by people (not you guys) who for some reason think we can't all get along. Sure, I don't write stories in TS4, but I still play it when I want a game that will open fast because I don't have a lot of time to play that day, or like lately, when I have been sick and I want to just chill without thinking too much about my stories. In my eyes, we are all Sims buddies, no matter what version of Sims we own, no matter if we own all of them, or have just started playing yesterday. No one in here is going to start a fight with you because you play TS4. Now as some last words on this topic, here is my Sims 4 Simself, just for shi- and giggles.

simself-close-up.jpg?w=645

LateKnightSimmer
    @thesealofthesims try some ear plugs to block out all that buzzing and lock your bedroom door for the nosy family members.
    @NewToTheSims sounds like you have a persistent cough to me and your sim self is very pretty.
    @NewToTheSims yeah, luckily it was short too. I love how you're doing the apocalypse with multiple families and can't sit to see what's really going on behind the scenes. I'm hoping to start up an ts4 apocalypse in January so I love seeing all the different ideas and ways to sting the unlocking into a coherent story.

Also

So I had issues publishing my comment to blogger. I'm on an iToy device so I'll try again when I have a proper browser, but just so you know here's what I tried to say at the end of generation two for your legacy...

"Another awesome generation. Although I hope future generations can have a relationship as wonderful as Max and Soleil...surely there can be more happiness. I'd hate for the moral of your legacy to be "don't get married" lol. Nah it's all good and feels very real there's people out there with verra messed up ideas of what love is. I hope Armand gets at least some happiness in his life."

@everyone else...hi! Hope you're all enjoying yourselves.
    edited November 2015
    @NewToTheSims I don't think @ra3rei or I meant that anyone would be mean to us or fight with us because we play TS4 :) I think it's more about feeling comfortable posting here and being part of the discussion in general.

For example, I know a lot of TS3 people don't like to read TS4 stories. I also know a lot of TS4 people don't like to read TS3 stories. I think it's kind of about "acceptance", and overcoming those imaginary borders created by others.

Everyone here is very kind and welcoming :) It's just a little scary to post in this section in general haha (or at least, it was at first. I'm over my fear :lol:) but connecting with other SimLit authors is always great! And I now have several TS3 stories on my list of stuff to read when my story is over! :)

Also, I love your simself :)
    snvAF3B.png
    @CitizenErased14: That impresses me. Usually, I average 2000 or even sometimes 3000 words, so it impresses me that you can put in so few words. It's a good feeling to be almost done with a story, isn't it? Thanks for pointing those out to me. :)

@NewToTheSims: Glad you're understanding of that. Some fans can be crazy. Believe it or not, I think that song (my sister and I refer to it as "the song that cannot be named.") is one reason why I dislike it. Although, I did hear that Weird Al had intended to parody it, so that would have been super-hilarious for me. True, although I don't think I could do too much with, "I never fought Muhammad Ali in my boxers." It's a bit of an inside joke, but my sister was making a video of my biggest fights for two of my teachers who really took an interest in it. I had some text to explain why I included the fight. The original line was "I never got to fight Muhammad Ali in my boxer's career." She decided to have a little fun with me. Wow, I like that picture. I have to admit, the way things look in Sims 4 looks cool.

@winterbaby20: I'm afraid that wouldn't do it. I don't have writing software on my laptop (and probably no room for it) and my PC is in a high traffic area. But if I could, then I would.
    edited November 2015
    @thesealofthesims that s.u.c.k.s. i'm the type of person i need quiet except for music to work on my legacy
    @CitizenErased14 @NewToTheSims I think it's also just that the forums are kind of set up to be segregating. Since this thread was, if I remember reading it right, originally in a different place. And of course there's a Ts4 section and a ts3 section, etcetera. Makes sense for troubleshooting, less sense for stories.

I never knew this thread existed until @mastressalita linked the writers longue I was playing in to her index of awesomeness. Thanks so much masters salute, I will blame you for my sleep deprivision Becuase I am not an adult responsible for my own insanity. Lol.

I cry when I think without that I would have never met so many awesome sims, @InfraGreen s wonderful character Shark. And her introduction to Different Winters, not sure if that author is here. And @MrsOogieBoogie s twins...swoon. And the awesome fairy world of @RipuAncestor can't wait to read how that turns out. And now @NewToTheSims Max, swoons again. And of course, @ValoisFulcanelli s wonderful...um everyone, gulp.

So I don't think that the segrgation was on purpose more structural so it's good we are starting to wander. I guess there may be folks that say "nope" not gonna go there cuz it's ts# and I don't read that. But they're missing out. Good stories are good.

And you all are very welcoming here. (Once you get the hang of how best to chat.)
    ra3rei wrote: »
    I guess there may be folks that say "nope" not gonna go there cuz it's ts# and I don't read that. But they're missing out. Good stories are good.

@ra3rei @NewToTheSims exactly! :) A good story is a good story. Who cares what game you use? But I feel like there are people who don't agree haha Probably mostly due to aesthetics. I actually consider screenshots to be secondary (unless it's a wordless chapter. I do admit to loving those!)

I have yet to delve into any TS3 stories (except the first couple chapters of @InfraGreen 's story! It's high on my list to read when I am done with D2D!) but I most definitely want to!

I tend to prefer more serious stories, and it looks like there are many more of those over in this part of the forum :)

I also do hope that some people over here will venture into the TS4 section too! We are very friendly and there are some quality stories over there!!!

@sealofthesims I think it's all about style :) When I'm writing a regular story or a fanfic or something, my chapters are around 3000 words. When I do SimLit, I have a different style, because having the screenshots to supplement the story kinda changes things for me haha. My longest SimLit chapter has been about 3500 words, but most are around 1500 or so, and some are as few as 500 (but only near the beginning... I intentionally started with shorter chapters to avoid scaring away new readers :lol:)

And you're welcome for the recommendation. :) They are two great programs!
    snvAF3B.png
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited November 2015
    @NewToTheSims The problem with rereading older stuff for me is that I'm such a perfectionist that I get this "oh my I was a terrible writer back then!" feeling a lot when I revisit older material. The same goes for looking at my older drawings or paintings... I'm slowly getting over it, though, at least.

Getting a bigger project, like a story done is a wonderful feeling.

@EmmaBarbie Ooh, sorry to hear about your headphones. Bad audio sucks. But congrats on your word count! Way to go!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)