Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Serious issue with Custom worlds

mikitta47mikitta47 Posts: 2,250 New Member
Ever since I installed Supernatural, I have not been able to play custom worlds. I can load a world and play in it and then save it ... but after I shut down the game and go back to it, I cannot load the custom world. I get the "this neighborhood may have been made with an expansion that is no longer installed" message and nothing on my machine has changed.

Has anyone else experienced this, or know of a fix? Thanks.

God Bless,
mik

Comments

• EarcatEarcat Posts: 461 Member
    edited October 2012
    Did you download the newest version of CAW? It's been updated since Supernatural came out.
  • mikitta47mikitta47 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Yes, CAW has been re-downloaded.

But CAW doesn't have any affect on a custom world already built and compiled before Supernatural.

I'm saying that if I play a custom world, it borks so bad I can't load it up the next time I go to play.

God Bless,
    mik
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2012
    I had that problem with all my saves for custom worlds after I install Supernatural and the way I solved most of them is first make sure you have the newest version of Origin, also check that adobe flash player is updated. Now the tricky part - First remove your save folder. Clean your caches including any world caches for all those worlds. Next Uninstall all your user worlds -( I also did the store worlds as well, as I was getting the same thing with those saves) redownload them, don't just reinstall but redownload them, then reinstall. Start the world up and make sure it loads and works. Then copy and paste any save you had for that world into the save folder and see if it works. If you get that again, you will just have to abort that save and start a new game. I ended up with about half of them working. There is no ryhme or reason as to which will work and which do not. It does not seem to matter what size the world is or how much or how little the world is updated that I could see.

Be forwarned though even those save that did work, I still felt some of them was not quite right, as they seemed to take longer to add new buildings to or to save or anything. I ended up actually starting almost all of them new, and those saves work fine.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited October 2012
    I had an established save in a custom world that for some weird reason locked up on me, which isn't all that unusual, but in the family's portrait panel a new face appeared which looked exactly like a Sims 2 sim. I deleted that save and put the backup in it's place, and it was fine after that. This was in a world I've had for some time now and had no previous problems playing.

Other than that, if anything, my games have actually been running smoother, except that in my newer saves (EA worlds) my mods have been a little glitchy.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
    edited October 2012
    IDmarko, every mod has to be updated everytime you update the game as mods are updated by creators to match the newest patch. If you do not update them all sorts of things might happen in your game - but mods must ALWAYS match the patch level of the game you are playing. ALWAYS!!!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• mikitta47mikitta47 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Pretty sure I know what was the issue. I hadn't redownloaded my Twallen's after the very latest patch. It was updated to 1.38, but not 1.39. Anyway, issue fixed now and things running more smoothly.

Thank you all for the feedback :)

God Bless,
    mik
    edited October 2012
    Yay! By the Way Mikitta - where the dickens have you been? I was starting to get worried as I hadn't seen you around all of a sudden -

I swear I cheered when you popped in here - hehehe. I know I am a total worry wart when it comes to my friends - I just can't help it.

Anyway, glad to see you back.

In dreams - I LIVE!