Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I get good quality honey?

I tried searching the forums, but I couldn't find anything, so I apologize in advance if this has already been asked.

So, how do I get good quality honey?

I smoke the box, feed the bees and clean the box a lot, but then the honey goed from bad to horrible quality. What on earth do I need to do to get some good honey? Or is this some glitch that can't be fixed?

tumblr_nabfikC3DM1snecxgo2_400.gif

Comments

• TrexterZiamTrexterZiam Posts: 51
    edited October 2012
    Perfect honey - go to the elixer store and to the fairy garden place and harvest THIER beehives to get perfect honey. Harvest the honey when you get there, before you do anything else like harvesting plants or gathering.

At home - it's a matter of time and persistance.

Buy the boxes (just 2 to start with).

Smoke, clean, feed. (harvest won't be an option when it's brand new.)

Then twice a day, maybe even more sometimes - do the smoke, clean, feed then harvest.

Keep checking the boxes, if harvest isn't an option yet, you'll get an idea of how long to wait in between harvests.

It seems to me that regular harvesting improves the honey.

In between home harvests, dash out to the elixer store and fairy garden area and grab their honey too.

I don't know if it's a hidden skill - but - it seems that way. You get stung, no matter what at the beginning. Later on, it's all perfect and no stings if you really "work" the hives.

Bee-keeping is fulltime - no time for anything else.

Also, try to make sure your sims are well greened in motives.
  • Feather91Feather91 Posts: 2,132 Member
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for your reply :wink:
  • TrexterZiamTrexterZiam Posts: 51
    edited October 2012
    You're welcome, hope it helps.

My sims stock up on their perfect honey and beeswax (99 of each) and then I plop the hives into household inventory so they can do something else with their lives.

Also, I read, but have not yet seen - a ghost can shake the box and make the bees sting sims nearby.

If I get a ghost (by accident) sometime, I'll try it on those obnoxious zombies :wink:
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited October 2012
    I don't know... I get perfect honey and beeswax most of the time. I haven't figured out what makes it be bad.

I harvest and clean the boxes twice a day, and feed the bees twice a day. I only smoke the box if the bees are angry. If they're calm before I go to harvest and clean the boxes, I don't bother with the smoke. I only use it if I really need to, say, if the clean interaction got intterupted by a bee attack or something :lol:
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • ShiromisaShiromisa Posts: 193
    edited October 2012
    Smoke will actually lower the honey quality over time. It helps your sims not get stung, but as long as the hive's happy and clean, they're less likely to sting anyway.
    edited October 2012
    You're welcome, hope it helps.

My sims stock up on their perfect honey and beeswax (99 of each) and then I plop the hives into household inventory so they can do something else with their lives.

Also, I read, but have not yet seen - a ghost can shake the box and make the bees sting sims nearby.

If I get a ghost (by accident) sometime, I'll try it on those obnoxious zombies :wink:

I actually have a bee-keeping ghost and I've never seen that option.
    edited October 2012
    Shiromisa wrote:
    Smoke will actually lower the honey quality over time. It helps your sims not get stung, but as long as the hive's happy and clean, they're less likely to sting anyway.

I'll try not smoking the box for a while then, see if that works.
  • sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    edited October 2012
    I have been wondering this myself. Thank you for asking and for the replies.
  • FlakeyMender15FlakeyMender15 Posts: 4 New Member
    I don't have an option to clean, smoke or feed the bees. I just wait till I can deal with the mites...
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2018
    I don't have an option to clean, smoke or feed the bees. I just wait till I can deal with the mites...
    Mites? Afraid you're on the wrong message board (also see the age of this thread). This one is about TS3 where we have different actions available on the bee boxes, not TS4. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top