Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Morakai's Current WIP- Fairy Garden Residence (Completed w/link pg 2)

MorakaiMorakai Posts: 3,806 Member
I got this idea in my head, and instead of going to one of the wonderful builder teams to get them to build it, I thought I would try my hand at it. I do have to say that this is a VERY ambitious build for me. So I am taking my time with it, and working on it as inspiration comes to me. It is far from finished.

This is an over-view of what I have so far. It is on a 40x40 lot. The only building that has a roof & 4 walls is the sauna. Got to keep the steam in!

Screenshot-140.jpg

THis is a close-up of the sauna & WC. Please disregard the wall color, as I have changed it, but the layout of the sauna & WC is the same.

Screenshot-127.jpg

I did place the tub in a little garden area just in front of the sauna.

Screenshot-123.jpg

Here is a pic of the guest/2nd bedroom.

Screenshot-136.jpg

Here is a view of the kitchen & dining area. This was an earlier pic, so there are a few more details that are not shown. Will have to get an updated pic.

Screenshot-125.jpg

I still have a lot more work to do, but I have to admit that I am loving the kitchen & bath areas. it is just the rest of it that I have to work on! hehe :mrgreen: I also have to go in to plant the Kitchen garden, and the herb gardens, as well as the various nectar making grapes & fruits, but that will be left for when I play test, as that is the easiest part. :mrgreen:

Thanks for taking a look. :D

Comments

• corettabarajascorettabarajas Posts: 1,427 Member
    edited September 2012
    This is great! I love the idea, looking forward to seeing more (you can too build)!
  • will2586will2586 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited September 2012
    Nice Idea! I would suggest changing the wishing well's stone to match the stone that is around it more! Other than that it looks great!
  • MorakaiMorakai Posts: 3,806 Member
    edited September 2012
    This is great! I love the idea, looking forward to seeing more (you can too build)!

heheh Thanks! Nope, I can't. However, I am real good at landscaping. :mrgreen: Thought it might be better considering that almost all of it is outdoors. Great for now, but this residence better stay out of winter weather or the poor fairies will freeze their wings off. :lol:
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited September 2012
    looks great so far can't wait to see more
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    edited September 2012
    will2586 wrote:
    Nice Idea! I would suggest changing the wishing well's stone to match the stone that is around it more! Other than that it looks great!

Oh yeah... I will be doing that! :D Right now it is more of making sure I have everything out & kinda where I want it, then will be going though to work on colors & such. Wishing well was the first item I placed, and didn't quite know what I wanted. hehe :lol: I just kept seeing an entry walkway that led up to the Wishing well. Was thinking of a tree lined path up to the well, but went with a pergola instead.

@Mmdrgntobldrgn: Thanks! I will try to add more pics, and a few more updated ones as I go through. :D
  • BoltzY2kBoltzY2k Posts: 11,123 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I'm not a builder myself but it looks great to me!
  • TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited September 2012
    I think it's charming! I do,love that outdoor bath in the garden! Perfect for a fairy!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    edited September 2012
    It really does look like a lovely fairy residence. :) I really like the way you are doing the kitchen, it looks so great :) I like the open airness theme of the build. Looking very nice!
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited September 2012
    Ah a place for the fairies! I love it! Looks magical! I love your landscaping. :D
  • Brighten11Brighten11 Posts: 423 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Charming and magical! nice work so far.
    edited September 2012
    Thank you all very much! :D

There will be lots of flowers, bushes, and trees around. I want this to be a wonderful place for a fairy with the loves the outdoors trait to live. Since the only room that has 4 walls is the sauna and the basement (for nectar making & storage), it will keep the moodlet there almost all the time!

Only bad part is when Seasons comes out, you might not want it to snow. Poor things would freeze their wings off! :lol:

Thank you again for the comments! I will add more pics as I get more done. :mrgreen:
    edited September 2012
    Got inspired and was able to work on the Master Bedroom, start the nursery, and kids areas. I still might change up the nursery, or add to it. Also added a few other things around, and worked on the basement. Yes a basement... It is for the nectar machine & storage. :D

Here are a few pics of the work done so far...

Overview of the master bedroom:

Screenshot-141.jpg

Screenshot-144.jpg

Screenshot-145.jpg

Sneak peek of the nursery & start of kid's area:

Screenshot-153.jpg

Did add a beehive. The open area is where the garden is going to go.

Screenshot-152.jpg

Still lots of work to do, but it is at least starting to take shape. :mrgreen:
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    edited September 2012
    Thanks for sharing the on-going pics of how your build is taking place :) It is looking really great! Your fairies will be so happy living there. Continued happy building to you! :)
  • walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    edited September 2012
    It looks great. Love the way you've used the terrain paints.
    edited September 2012
    THank you both for the comments! :D

Think this is the most MOO I have ever used! :lol: Plus I love the terrain paints as rugs. hehe
    edited October 2012
    Well, I was able to get some work on the living room area. I still have to go through and add lights, and other touches. So still a rough draft, but gives an idea. :mrgreen: Also, after talking to a friend, I have learned that this little "house" will so not be Seasons friendly. However, I am going to complete it, as it is fun, gorgeous, and teaching quite a bit. :D

Screenshot-164.jpg

Screenshot-162.jpg

Screenshot-163.jpg

Screenshot-157.jpg

Screenshot-155.jpg

Screenshot-165.jpg

As you can see from the last pic... I still have lots of work to do. I have to work on the kid's rooms & play area, the hobby & gym area, and then put in all the little details that make us & the sims happy. :lol: Then plant the garden area. Yep... still lots of work to do. :lol:
  • SnowmoonSnowmoon Posts: 3,437 Member
    edited October 2012
    My dear, your home is turning out lovely. My only suggestion would be to add a pond in the back corner, where you have not built. It could be a relaxation/arts/crats section.

Can't wait to see more. =)

-Snow
    Find my builds under Evie_Snowmoon in the Gallery!
    edited October 2012
    Took Snowmoon's suggestion... Plus was able to work on a few more areas, bring in my tester so that everything works, upgrade items, and such.

Here are some photos of the work to date.

Aerial View:

Screenshot-176.jpg

Swimming hole & Play area:

Screenshot-173.jpg

Looking from the swimming hole towards the rest of the lot:

Screenshot-175.jpg

Nursery:

Screenshot-171.jpg

Kid's Room:

Screenshot-170.jpg

Garden:

Screenshot-180.jpg

Basement with Nectar maker:

Screenshot-177.jpg

It is mostly done. Just want to finish up a few tweeks, then I will see about uploading. Hope you enjoy! :D
  • DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited October 2012
    Good job! It's very nice.
  • MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    edited October 2012
    Super cute Morakai!!!
  • Aleisha18Aleisha18 Posts: 596 Member
    edited October 2012
    Absolutely love it!!! you've used moo really well, I think its perfect for a fairy even though its not seasons friendly its still an amazing build, maybe when you play this particular household when seasons come out you could change the settings to always be one season :)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited October 2012
    Ooooooooooh this is coming along beautifully! So lovely landscaping! :D
    edited October 2012
    THank you all for the feedback! :D Yes, it is not Seasons friendly, BUT it is a great place for those fairies that have the Loves the Outdoors trait! :mrgreen:

Plus, I do have to be honest... I have learned more in building this lot than I have on any other build. I may never be a builder powerhouse like Aleisha, MeganJo, or Yanti (wonderful they are!!), but I am not as bad as I used to think I was. :lol: I do want to get a Night shot to show... It is beautiful at night! And without buydebug lights, too!! :mrgreen:

Again, thank you for the feedback!! :D
  • Zoey95Zoey95 Posts: 1,549 Member
    edited October 2012
    I love it, Morakai! It looks so lovely :D
  • imogerimoger Posts: 5,790 Member
    edited October 2012
    Your Fairy Gardens looks so pretty and lovely - great work with the landscaping and all areas. It will be a fun to play home for the nature-loving fairies! :)