Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please help me with ideas for becoming a sim for my studio piano recital.

I am a piano teacher and decided this year to have a Halloween recital with my students. The students are all going to come in costume and are working on pieces of music that match their themes. I always play on my studio recitals and decided to be a Sim. I'm going to make myself a plumbob halo and have red, yellow and green plumbobs (made from paper) that can be interchangable. I've already talked one of my high-school students (also a Simmer) to change out the plumbobs as I play to match the different moods of my piece. I think I'll do a compilation of songs from the three different The Sims games, as I can figure them out by ear. My student also suggested we make some thought and speech bubbles she can hold up with different pictures on them.

I have two things I could use some help planning:
1. Favorite Simlish phrases I should memorize and have ready to say
2. Any other ideas you can think of to make me more Sim-like

I'll definitely post pics after the recital, which is October 28th.

Thanks!
a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

Comments

• VRStevensonVRStevenson Posts: 4,396 Member
    edited September 2012
    neat idea! You might watch sims as they play the piano and try to copy the faces they make!
  • KurisutiKurisuti Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited September 2012
    Can't wait to see the pictures!

Well I think "sul sul" is good to use I think that means hello. There used to be a link on the forums to a Simlish dictionary someone was working on and now I can't find it. :(
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    edited September 2012
    Kurisuti wrote:
    Can't wait to see the pictures!

Well I think "sul sul" is good to use I think that means hello. There used to be a link on the forums to a Simlish dictionary someone was working on and now I can't find it. :(

Here is the link. http://adf.ly/Bz26W
  • trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    edited September 2012
    Great ideas! And thanks for the link to the simlish dictionary. That will come in quite handy.

I started putting ideas together for the piano pieces today. I think I'm going to have to use The Sims 3 loading music as I have it memorized from having to listen to it 10-minutes straight back when I was playing on my old computer. :) My new PC loads the game in 2 - 3 minutes, tops.

If anyone else has ideas please chime in!
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited September 2012
    My son actually quotes this one all the time "Itsbitsajoy!" when he is excited. :lol:
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
  • Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited September 2012
    I really love your idea. I wish you'd have somebody videotape it and put it on youtube.
  • trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    edited September 2012
    I'll see what I can do about the video. I can't put up any videos with my students in them, plus I'd be worried about copyright on the songs I use from the game. Perhaps I'll perform a second piece that is classical. Then it will be public domain and I can post the video of that. I'll definitely post pics either way.