Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't Start Game Process.

Comments

• Options
    yoda65yoda65 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited September 2012
    Don't worry about the bad symlink bit, that's always been there.
    :lol: thanks, the patch manifest URL seems to be the issue?
    27-11-2015_185647_zpsyfowoxwm.png
    Gallery link - I wish Toddlers, Weather, Pets… in Sims 4
  • Options
    roseenglishroseenglish Posts: 71 Member
    edited September 2012
    No

It just shuts down all the icons as soon as I click "ok"

:(

I also tried launching direct from the latest EP Supernatural and I still get this thing were 4 icons appear in my task bar - two vanish then the last two hang about until I click the OK on the error window
  • Options
    CUEEEEDEECUEEEEDEE Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    First time poster here, wanted to say that this is happening to me too! Fine last night, wouldn't work this morning. No new updates on either the EA side or the Mac. Have done a complete reinstall that hasn't helped.

9/24/12 4:13:56 PM cider[6668] Patch manifest is missing the NewLauncherTargetHigh attribute
    9/24/12 4:14:02 PM [0x0-0xfb0fb].com.transgaming.thesims3[6668] Debugger() was called!
    9/24/12 4:14:21 PM [0x0-0xfb0fb].com.transgaming.thesims3[6668] Securom is *NOT* running
    9/24/12 4:19:23 PM [0x0-0x55055].com.google.Chrome[422] [422:-1197166592:14401954230840:ERROR:diagnostic_error_delegate.h(31)] sqlite error 11, errno 0: database disk image is malformed

Edited to add: I am not able to play by just ignoring the dialogue box.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Can any of you play if you ignore the dialogue box, as per my previous post?
    No I can't open the game :?
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited September 2012
    No

It just shuts down all the icons as soon as I click "ok"

:(

Don't click 'ok', just ignore it.
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    yoda65 wrote:

Are you clicking on 'ok' yoda?
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    yoda65 wrote:

Yes but it shouldn't be. None of us have updated from Apple or EA, it's really strange..... :shock:

Edit - well actually, I don't think so. I remember that I've had that before and it's never caused issues. I do remember that when I updated to the latest patch four game icons for the base game were showing up at the bottom of the Launcher. I just ignored it thinking it was the usual game crap.

And I'm not getting the multiple icons in the Dock which some of you are getting, nor in Activity Monitor either. Master Suite is as up to date as my game is, no Katy Perry crap or Supernatural stuff. When I click on the Master Suite icon to launch the Application it loads the base game icon then closes it and loads Master Suite. My game has always done this right from the beginning.

I'm patched up to date and running 10.8.2
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    yoda65 wrote:

Are you clicking on 'ok' yoda?
    No I don't clic on the dialogue box error, the game just crash (kernel task) and the small error window is still here. The game is open in activity monitor, but it don't start, game launching window close immediately.
  • Options
    roseenglishroseenglish Posts: 71 Member
    edited September 2012
    Ok..

I just did the old renaming The Sims 3 folder to The Sims 3 Backup so the game would be forced to make a new folder.

When it launched I got a pop up saying that the game was not updated to the current patch and would I like to update it.

I chose No.

The game still wouldn't run and came up with the same error.

So this is DEF from EA side of things.

Wonder how many people will have to contact technical support before they do anything?
  • Options
    caspinwallcaspinwall Posts: 916 Member
    edited September 2012
    Should we post a message on SimGuruRuski's Question thread in General? She's the only Guru who seems to be around these days! We could just link her to this thread and ask her to draw it to the attention of someone or other at EA?
    GeneralSig_SF_03.png
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Wonder how many people will have to contact technical support before they do anything?

Would it really make a difference if every single Mac Simmer contacted them? They can't even be bothered to write the game for the Mac OS, or even out source it to a company who can, let alone even try and support it. The 'gurus' never even bother to post on here, all we get is a Windows using 'moderator' who's stock answer is to apply the manual patches. Which don't work.

@yoda - you've defeated me, sorry :(
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    ChemicalwibsChemicalwibs Posts: 6,345 Member
    edited September 2012
    caspinwall wrote:
    Should we post a message on SimGuruRuski's Question thread in General? She's the only Guru who seems to be around these days! We could just link her to this thread and ask her to draw it to the attention of someone or other at EA?

Good idea, as the SimGurus don't often come here on their own.

I'm still doing the whole re-install dance (good times), so I will have to get back to you on whether or not I can play if I ignore the error message.
    wibsandthesims.tumblr.com
  • Options
    CookiedohCookiedoh Posts: 8 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I can play the game as it is( base game,ambitions,generation and pets) ignoring the error window.

But as soon as I try to install Master Suit or Showtime it stops working.
  • Options
    alyncalync Posts: 32
    edited September 2012
    So I was able to play the game up until Showtime and then I started getting the error. I can't just ignore the box. It auto shuts down everything for me. It also no longer shows ambitions in the launcher even though it's definitely installed. Dunno if they're related but it's weird.
  • Options
    caspinwallcaspinwall Posts: 916 Member
    edited September 2012
    caspinwall wrote:

Posted over there. I don't know if it will help, but we lose nothing by trying.
    GeneralSig_SF_03.png
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    yoda65 wrote:

Yes but it shouldn't be. None of us have updated from Apple or EA, it's really strange..... :shock:

Edit - well actually, I don't think so. I remember that I've had that before and it's never caused issues. I do remember that when I updated to the latest patch four game icons for the base game were showing up at the bottom of the Launcher. I just ignored it thinking it was the usual game crap.

And I'm not getting the multiple icons in the Dock which some of you are getting, nor in Activity Monitor either. Master Suite is as up to date as my game is, no Katy Perry crap or Supernatural stuff. When I click on the Master Suite icon to launch the Application it loads the base game icon then closes it and loads Master Suite. My game has always done this right from the beginning.

I'm patched up to date and running 10.8.2
    yes agree with usual game crap on Mac, but I made a fresh install recently and I was not getting the multiple icons in the Dock yesterday, All EP & SP (no Katy Perry & Diesel) up to date, Mac Os10.6.8; strange Sims… :?
  • Options
    miklcmiklc Posts: 3,110 Member
    edited September 2012
    This is infuriatingly annoying and I am getting absolutely sick and tired of being treated like second class customers from EA simply because we choose to use a different operating system to those who use Windows. EA advertises the game as being playable on both PC and Mac and therefore it should work regardless! My MacBook exceeds the minimal requirements stated on the back of the box and yet I continually run into problems with the game on a regular basis much like many other Simmers that play on Mac. I play The Sims 3 as a way to wind down and enjoy myself, instead I am finding myself becoming more aggravated and stressed from the game than anything else and my patience is seriously dwindling. Gurus never post in this section of the forum and we know what fun EA's "customer service" is, so we're pretty much left in the dark when it comes to solutions.

I came home from a pretty crap day wanting to have a good hour playing my game before bed only to spend forty five minutes failing to get it too load, I tried to continue on ignoring the message as suggested earlier in this thread only to be met every time with the Disc Authorisation Failure message which cannot be closed without clicking the tick, which consequently closes the game down. So until EA pulls their socks out and provides us with a solution I am rendered unable to play a game that I have invested a great amount of money into, more money than I care to think about.

I own every expansion pack, stuff pack, world and a heap of content from the Store (including all currently released premium content) so I have invested a lot of the money into the franchise and don't want to have to wave it good bye yet I do not see why I should have to spend more money buying Windows (an OS which I dislike a lot) and add a partition on my Mac to instal it simply to play a game that is advertised as being compatible with Mac, which is something I have been considering doing lately. Sorry for the long rant, I am just sick to the back teeth of EA's subpar service when it comes to Macs. My experience with The Sims 3 over the past year and a half especially has left a very bitter taste in my mouth, I will most likely stay till the end of the franchise simply because I come so far and would like to complete the series but I have already decided should a The Sims 4 be released I will not be purchasing it and from what I've read in various places it seems a lot of people are in the same mind frame as myself. I miss the days of The Sims 2!
  • Options
    nidarosnidaros Posts: 2
    edited September 2012
    Arrghh... I am home sick and thought I would play for awhile... having the same issues as many of you. I can get the launcher to open - but it spawns 4 icons all with some variant message of Game Process cannot load". Done a full reinstall, removed all custom content/factory install, rebooted several times, etc etc no change.

Trying to start the game by bypassing the launcher, but does nothing... the windows open like its going to work and then they vanish.

I did get a patch available notice via the launcher on one of my last attempts, and the patch installed just fine... which gave me hope... but no change. Still said "Game process cannot load"

I am a little relieved that its not just me experiencing this issue, but boy is this super frustrating. Saturday everything was working great... least crashes ever.
  • Options
    dlajosephdlajoseph Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    I am having the same problem. It shows the error message and then closes down.
  • Options
    jodiferousjodiferous Posts: 20 Member
    edited September 2012
    I am in the same boat. I quit playing late last night/ early this morning and then, 6 hours later, I can't play.
    Tried all the solutions listed here, except re-install, and tried ignoring the error dialog box, not clicking ok, but that did not allow me to play.
  • Options
    GooseyGoo77GooseyGoo77 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I'm calling them now. Waiting....
    I'm kinda thinking everyone should call them up and "relieve some stress"...
    Still waiting....

This is going to be interesting. :roll:

The guy I'm talking to is trying to help me...he's very nice... However, I don't think he knows what's happening either. Don't worry, I'm being a nice person. I'm just kind of snarky on here. Haha!
  • Options
    alyncalync Posts: 32
    edited September 2012
    Has anybody else tried to play by bypassing the launcher screen? I was sure this would work but it didn't for me. Wondering if anybody else had any success by doing so.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Bypassing the launcher did not work for me.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    On behalf of support people everywhere, don't take your frustrations and stress out on them. It's not their fault. Just because they do not know the cause doesn't mean they are not trying to help.

• Options
    STEGA18STEGA18 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Bypassing the launcher did not work for me. I even repaired my permissions and the hard drive. Which my computer needed in general but it didn't help with getting the game to start up.

I just find it weird that all of us are having the same issue. I'll go peruse over in the pc section to see if they are having issues.

:shock:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top