Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't Start Game Process.

15678911...Next

Comments

• Options
    Aarien789Aarien789 Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    I have a Macbook Pro running 10.7.5.

Sims games installed:
    World Adventures
    Ambitions
    Late Night
    Showtime
    Pets
    Supernatural
    University Life

A while back, maybe about December 2012, my computer started refusing to open the Sims launcher or game. Somewhere on the forums it was suggested to disconnect from the internet. This worked for the longest time -- I could get new patch updates by turning on the wifi after the launcher was opened, then would have to turn the wifi back off in order to launch the game. This system, while annoying, worked fine until this week. Now I cannot get the launcher open AT ALL. Nor have I been able to subvert the launcher and open the game without it. Every time I try and launch the application it bounces in the task bar for a brief moment then quickly disappears.

I've run into similar problems as other users have complained of: issues with saving in University Life, the game not being able to read the disk at the main menu, etc. But usually with a little tweaking and patience I could get it to work. At first I thought this problem had to do with Norton Anti-virus software. Considering the wifi interference (or so it seemed) I completely cleared all Norton products from my computer, but still nothing. I am at a loss. & now my game is completely unplayable. :?

Does anyone have any ideas? Please help!
  • Options
    omgsanger101omgsanger101 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Man I thought I was alone in this...Glad to see Im not! Actually wait im not glad at all none of us should be having this problem...ugh im seriously so tired of this bs.
  • Options
    DarkFashionistaDarkFashionista Posts: 196 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Stop complaining guys....Mine works!I've asked every SimGuru to help me. :D:
  • Options
    DarkFashionistaDarkFashionista Posts: 196 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Idk why your game has this issue.So please make sure you follow these tips and the trick with Notepad!:D:
  • Options
    jimsims3jimsims3 Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    i have the same promblem :(
    why EA and THE SIMS 3 team says that sims 3 is for mac? :?: :(
    i had buy all the sims 3 packs and worlds and now i cant play them!!!
    sims 2 plays better on mac than 3 :-o
    i wish sims 4 be able to play on mac :?:
  • Options
    LadyMaoLadyMao Posts: 8
    edited May 2013
    I am also have this problem, how ever it doesn't even open up to the menu. It just quits out when I try to open it. I play last night just fine other then the usual crash that happens around two hours of game play. Which sadly is the norm for my game now. My MAC wasn't updated since playing last night. No new patches from EA were add since that time frame either. I have Late Night, Pets, Ambitions, World Adventures, Generations, Seasons, and Supernatural. And these stuff packs, Town life and Master Suite.

This is so upsetting EA, you want my money for all these games and store content and yet you can not give me a working product!?! I gave up sims2 because of the falling out you had with the third party who made the game playable on MAC. Which I never had a single problem with. I finally cave and get sims3 and this is what I get. A game that barely works if it even works at all!!! Now sims4!! I will not being buying it. I'm done with your products and the way you handle your business.
  • Options
    pagounispagounis Posts: 369 Member
    edited July 2013
    Link to thread:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/549552.page
    Follow Nichaedemus' tips!!!
    And the message!!!
    Take me down to the Paradise City where the grass is green and the girls are pretty......
    TAKE....ME....HOME....!!!!
    (Guns 'n' Roses) :) :-) :D
    Joanne | 22 | Greece. Informatics student. I'm mikrolactaki3 on the gallery. Using 2 computers! My Blog: mikrolactaki3.tumblr.com
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Since this thread is about Mac, I have a PC so I know how to fix it.
    Joanne | 22 | Greece. Informatics student. I'm mikrolactaki3 on the gallery. Using 2 computers! My Blog: mikrolactaki3.tumblr.com
  • Options
    KELEBEEKELEBEE Posts: 9 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Okay so I'm not alone, great, but does anyone have any answers???!!! This is ridiculous!!!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    KELEBEE wrote:
    Okay so I'm not alone, great, but does anyone have any answers???!!! This is ridiculous!!!
    Hi KELEBEE,
    Do you have a Mac? I am on a PC so I know how to fix this issue.
  • Options
    JJazzy123JJazzy123 Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    Has anyone figured out how to fix this yet? I just had the issue happen to me then! xx
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    edited November 2013
    First question, have you patched to 1.63? If not I highly recommend it. Secondly, have you upgraded to Mavericks? Again, if not I highly recommend doing so.

Also when you update, take out your Mods if you use them. Then go to the original site you got them from and look for updates. Twallian's mods should all be updated and double check MTS for any you may use from there.

If none of these work, I recommend reinstalling. Pain in the **** I know, but well worth it. I can actually run on my Mac again and I have everything through IP.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    CarolJBowieCarolJBowie Posts: 28
    edited May 2014
    "Problem

When I try to start the game, I’m getting the following error message

Game process could not be started

Cause

This issue seems to be connected to an error with the EA servers.

Solution

Try disconnecting from the Internet and play off-line. Seems to work for both Download and DVD version but you might run into issues on the Download one.

You can turn the Internet back on after you’ve started the game and login.

For some it also work to simply ignore the message and play anyways.

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/09/game-process-could-not-be-started.html

• Options
    ZefhyraZefhyra Posts: 2
    edited May 2014
    Not sure whether this is revolved or not but I've had so many problems with this. Last summer, I got the Starter Pack physical discs. I eagerly installed all three (base, Late Night, High End Loft) after initially playing on my father's computer, due to my being on a temporary Linux, then went to play the game - lo and behold, "an unknown error occurs." I uninstalled everything, reinstalled the base game only, then after about a week or two, added in Late Night. A long time after that, I decided to add in HEL, seeing as the game seemed to need some time between additional packs, and the message I'd missed so much had returned. I returned to base game, and about a week ago, I added in Late Night. Today, I was on the game, creating a new household, then decided to return later to build their apartment. I was just about to do this (roughly four hours after I stopped playing) when it started giving the message.

Also, I have A LOT of CC and mods. I read a tip saying to remove all of this stuff, and I was able to remove the mods, but I can't remove CC without accessing the starting window, which NEVER SHOWS UP. Overall, I'm just tired of the Sims trying to act all good and stuff. I really hope S4 is better - not that I'm getting it, since it's ridiculously expensive.
  • Options
    kennedytheresekennedytherese Posts: 1
    edited June 2014
    :shock: has anyone figured this out yet? I have wasted my whole day trying everything and desperately trying to find a solution. I JUST BOUGHT THE LATE NIGHT EXPANSION TONIGHT AND HAVE NOT ONCE BEEN ABLE TO PLAY IT. I am extremely upset because I just spent money on something that is completely useless now, as I can't even access the basic sims 3 content now. I am BEYOND frustrated. EA needs to come out with a solution asap because otherwise sims will no longer be successful.
    If anyone figured this problem out, please please let me know.
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    edited June 2014
    Yes, we have figured out solutions to most of the problems people have encountered on the Mac side of things. We have compiled all the solutions into three threads found on this one nifty thread.

I highly recommend reading BlueBellFlora's thread as it solves most of your problems.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/748338.page
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    SquidSimmer248SquidSimmer248 Posts: 3
    edited June 2014
    As previously suggested by CarolJBowie, turning off wifi solved everything for me. Normal startup and gameplay automatically.
  • Options
    chic_urbanitychic_urbanity Posts: 274 Member
    edited August 2014
    I had no problems and then suddenly today my game got this error... I want to be able to post memories so I have to have wifi on... is there no fix for this outside of turning off wifi?

Edit: nevermind, just saw the part about how we can turn internet back on.... will give this solution a go.

For curiosity's sake what the heck causes this issue? I saw some of you say server-side, does this mean it has nothing to do with us? Because nothing has changed between yesterday and today but somehow I can't play all of a sudden...

ANYWAY, trying out the solution now.

EDIT 2: Wifi turned off worked, turned back on in-game with no problems.. how very strange.
    b11vVIw.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top