Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

did my world file just get corrupted?

So i was working on my world, going fine...
i go into edit in game mode, delete some lots that i wonnit too move/build something else on, save and go out off edit in game abit, put down some new lot sizes, go back into edit in game BUT :/ now it wont open my world anymore?
i get my supernatural loading screen and everything is fine, but then it will try to open my world and when the loading bar is like 15% in it crashes and i get the sims 3 create a world tool stopped working error :/ ...
i tried grabbing another world open in edit in game mode and no problems there >.<; so i figure i have a corrupted world, is there anyway around this or do i need to fish up my backup off the world (but that would cost me some lost work ;P )

Comments

• Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited September 2012
    Did you delete the whole lot while in EIG or just the building on it leaving the empty lot in the world? If you deleted the lot itself also, that may have caused it, just a thought as the world editor apparently will sometimes cause problems. If I'm going to remove a lot completely I do it in CAW.

I think you'll have to fish out a back-up Ivinora.....
  • IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited September 2012
    Yeah i did just that ;) tried a few times but its busted ;)
    atleast i HAD a back-up now >.< there's been times where i forget and caw messes up and have to start all over so :o

but yeah i deleted the building in edit in game (not the entire lot, just the building i build on it) but it was one off those apartmentshells though so that prob. is the thing that gave me problems... . ^.^
  • Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited September 2012
    Yes, those shells can be trouble, I've stopped using them as I've heard of problems with them. It's too bad too as I love the look of cities. Weird though that your back-ups aren't working properly.