Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lots by Kaztomp *latest builds* - Seven New Builds on Page 7

Comments

• TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited October 2012
    A Simple House is anything but simple! Maybe it is from what we think as a simpilair time period. But it is quaint, and charming and lovely! Very restful!

I love it!

Rec'd!
    Taryn
  • KaztompKaztomp Posts: 519 Member
    edited October 2012
    @ Mrs TTW - You, my precious, are my inspiration :)

Thank you for the "uncomplicated" compliment - lol!
    edited October 2012
    Oh Kaz...lol...you are the cookie to my crumb!

xoxo
    T
    edited October 2012
    TORCROFT ISLAND - My First World Build

Well, as it says in the title, this is my first world build, so please go easy on me with the criticisms - I can handle the truth - I just can't handle the embarrassment - lol! Oh, and yes, I realise that technically it's not a "build", - BUT - I did build it - so as well as putting it in the CAW forum, I also thought I'd put her in with my other creations here in the Creative Corner forum!

Before I go any further, I would like to thank the following people for helping me with builds for my world and for testing said world. They are:-

Glenkarri - link to her Studio http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?selectedAsstType=all&persona=Glenkarri

Harley2 - link to her Studio http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?selectedAsstType=all&persona=HARLEY2

Nicarus - link to his Studio http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?selectedAsstType=all&persona=Nicarus

Without the generosity and help of these three lovely people, my world would probably be languishing somewhere on a memory stick because I get so bored, so quickly with building homes!

Glenkarri spent many, many, many hours helping me test this world for playability and routing issues - which, fingers crossed, there appears to be none - and she also provided me with some wonderfully imaginative names to choose from when it came time to actually give my world a name! So Torcroft Island is Torcroft Island because of my bestest simming buddy Glenkarri - MWAAAH!!

Okay, on to some pics:-

TorcroftIsland.png

Torcroft2.png

Torcroft3.png

Torcroft4.png

Torcroft5.png

Torcroft6.png

Torcroft Island contains no CC - however, I did use some terrain paints created by HturnerP and Martine - and there will be items from the Store!

I built this medium sized island world after a reading a book by Simon Winchester called "Outposts: Journeys to the Surviving Relics of the British Empire". In it he tells the story of an island called Tristan da Cunha - and reading it, I felt transported. This was the type of island I would love to live on - happily ever after - as a recluse! This is not a tropical paradise oasis - but a harsh land, with a monster at its heart - a relatively new 2000 foot high volcano, rising close to the township's capital, Edinburgh. The islanders (known as Tristanians) make their living - and a handsome one at that - by catching and selling crawfish to the Americans.

Anyway, enough with the geography and history - MY version of this island actually looks nothing like the original - aaahhh - the glory and wonder of an over-active imagination! But the premise of the island is the same - a small fishing village - not too many occupants - not too much to do but fish and wile away the hours listening to a radio or joining your friends and neighbours for a drink at the local pub!

I hope those of you who decide to download Torcroft Island, enjoy her as much as I did making her! Please don't forget to leave a recommendation - they're always greatly appreciated :)

The link to download Torcroft is here:- http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6548521
  • ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited October 2012
    Kaz, your Torcroft Island looks amazing! I really like the waterway that runs parallel to the road that you show in one of your photos.

I haven't been brave enough (or had TIME enough) to learn CAW and make my own world. I think it would be a fun challenge if you had the time to devote, so maybe someday when D.N.A. doesn't have so many pending requests! :lol:
    oow785m
    edited October 2012
    Thank you Zoo! Yes, building a world takes quite a lot of time and devotion.. However, I'm still really just learning about CAW and have tons more stuff to figure out - thankfully the CAW forum is full of great people and heaps of tutorials, etc..

I decided to give it a try because, to be honest, I ran out of "oomph" for building houses.. if I don't feel challenged by something anymore, then I guess I get bored pretty quickly (probably NOT something you want to hear - lol).. I am definitely going to upgrade my computer though - there I was thinking 8GB of RAM, super-duper graphics/video card would be enough - but noooo! Not for CAW at least - I had to ditch about 1.5GB of store content just to load the world in EIG!! Which meant I didn't have access to everything I owned :( - Oh well! Next time (and there WILL be a next time) I will be ready for CAW!! LOL!!

Anyway, thank you again for the lovely comments :) They mean a lot to me!

xxx
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited October 2012
    WOW! :D Fantastic world! I love the layout! It is gorgeous! Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    edited October 2012
    Thank you so much for the rec Yanti! They're always appreciated :) Torcroft was my dream world - maybe one day, once my computer's been upgraded (lol) - I might go back and tweak her a bit - but for now I'm extremely proud - as only a first timer can be - of my baby :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    edited October 2012
    Wow! Fantastic to be able to make your own world! What an achievement. :) It looks really good, and it must be very fun to take your Sims to live in a world all of your own creation. It looks like a really great world to migrate to and spend your days living out a great lifestyle. All your long hard work on this world and all the very great support of your creative/testing friends has really paid of to produce a "super-duper" world :)
    edited October 2012
    Aaawww Rosemow *Kaz blushes* - you're such a sweetheart to say such lovely things about my world :) Thank you darl - your comments and those of all my wonderful friends, will always inspire me to keep trying harder - for no other purpose than to see people enjoy my creations! So thank you Rose - your words of praise mean a lot to me! xx
  • GlenkarriGlenkarri Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited October 2012
    :mrgreen: Well what can I say, except, YAHOOOOOOOOO. First, that your wonderful World uploaded (always a priority) and now look at the response and so WELL deserved. I am so thrilled for you Kaz, the hours of painstaking work you put into it and the finished product is really special. Top of the heap on downloads for the day, I see. It was my absolute pleasure to be involved with the build my friend, let's hope there will be more in the future. So now sit back, clean out that PC load up your Store stuff and bask in some glory 8)
    edited October 2012
    Vicki, you know me too well!! Yes, I have cleaned out the PC and stored CAW safely on my external hard drive - now I have plenty of space again for all my pretty store stuff - lol!! You know what I missed most?? The Wishing Well from Lucky Palms!! I really, really, really wanted to put it in the large park - but sadly, it was one of the items that was ditched in order to make room for CAW! Oh well... I know what my Christmas present to myself will be this year - more RAM, faster processor and maybe even another upgraded video card - lol!! PS. I will do a bit of "basking" once I have finished moving all my families BACK into my latest version of Torcroft :) xx
    edited October 2012
    Such a very pretty world, Kaz! I love it! The white house, placed up on the hill really caught my eye as a nice setting! I. Like the whole idea behind it, and the small remote village feel it has. It's just lovely and so well done! You are one smart cookie!

Taryn
  • LucyenaLucyena Posts: 916 Member
    edited October 2012
    Your idea to present your world here was very good, because I´m not often in the CAW corner :D

I amire all world creators and your world is very well done! Beautiful landscaped, I love it! rec`d with pleasure! :thumbup: :-D
    edited October 2012
    @ Lucyena - thank you sweetheart, although technically I'm not really a world builder - just a home builder who got a little bit bored and thought she'd give CAW a shot.. lol! So I made a world to alleviate the boredom and now I'm happy it's done :) I may do another one in the future but they're an awful lot of hard work and you need to have some really good friends to help you out with builds - otherwise it's all just too much for one person! I don't think I'll be doing another one until sometime next year, once I've upgraded my computer (again) - I don't think it would survive a second attempt at CAW - lol!! xx
  • NiniBeMe69NiniBeMe69 Posts: 2,327 Member
    edited October 2012
    What a beautiful new world you created. I love it! Rec'd and fav'd :)
  • ItzmeeItzmee Posts: 2,729 Member
    edited October 2012
    Wow Kaz,

Torcroft Island is amazing. It truly is. I've never built a world before, mainly for the fact that it would take hours upon hours of work (that and, the Create-A-World tool isn't available for Macs). You've done an outstanding job. I agree with you in that when something becomes less of a challenge, I lose interest in it. Nonetheless, your world is definitely deserving of the rec I gave it. Great work, Kaz!

Itzmee
    edited November 2012
    @ NiniBeMe and Itzmee - thank you both sooo much for such wonderful compliments - they mean the world to me :)
    edited November 2012
    OH MY, OH MY, OH MY!!! I just found out my lovely Baskerville Hall was featured!!! Go figure!! Little ol' me getting a feature :)

I don't know who to thank properly but whoever the powers that be are - I thank you so very much for deciding Baskerville was worthy enough for a feature! xx *hugs* xx
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    edited November 2012
    edited November 2012
    Thank you Rosemow :)

As Glenkarri rightly said, you could have knocked me over with a feather when I saw it!! LOL!! Did you see Glenkarri was also featured - for her Sim, Ithica Raine? That lady is really talented both with builds and making sims!! I hope now we will see more of her lovely sims :)

Thanks again sweetheart for the lovely comment - MWAAH!! xx *hugs* xx
  • GlenkarriGlenkarri Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited November 2012
    Too kind Kaz. Your Feature was very well deserved, look forward to seeing more of Kaztomp's work up here very soon :lol:
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited November 2012
    :thumbup: Congrats on the well deserved feature Kaztomp! WOOT! WOOT! :thumbup:
    edited December 2012
    VILLA ROYALE

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6764233

This is a "small" project I've been working on in my spare time, since Monte Vista was released.

Built on a 64 x 64 lot (can't remember the address - sorry), this home is HUGE, ENORMOUS, GIGANTIC and really, really BIG!! This home has been super-sized for those who like to live large!

With a total of 6 bedrooms and enough beds to sleep 8 adults and/or teenagers, 4 children and 2 babies/toddlers, there is enough room for the largest of large sim families!!

There are 10 - yes TEN bathrooms (plus a half bath is in there somewhere), 2.5 kitchens (how do you get a "half" a kitchen you ask? You'll just have to download and find out - lol), 2 swimming pools, 2 spas, indoor & outdoor gardens, beehives, play area, car parking for 4 cars, hidden room for supernatural lovers, skills room, nectar room, sauna, massage table, laundry, library, music room, formal dining and did I mention - TEN BATHROOMS??!! There's also a few things for the family dog as well!!

Here's just a few pics to wet the appetite:-

VillaRoyale.png

VR1.png

VR2.png

VR3.png

VR4.png

VR5.png

VR6.png

VR7.png

VR8.png

VR9.png

VR10.png

I hope you will all be kind and leave me a rec should you decide you like it :D

Thanks for stopping by and having a little "bo-beep" at my latest creation!

Enjoy!
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    edited December 2012
    Villa Royale is beautiful! Love your attention to detail throughout. :)
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations